Please stop using MEGA.NZ to upload your stuff

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Btw, which is your ISP? A few years ago happened with Scarlet.
According to google, Scarlet was still blocking it more than two years later, in (link in French). I don't see with they would have changed their mind since.

neekleer

Aug 28, 2019
It would change nothing, he still have the problem while accessing the site directly by it's IP address.

Don't know in what country he live (just have a guess), but this kind of censorship is way too difficult to deploy, to be used as a toy. Therefore, either he live in a totalitarian country, and the most used alternatives would be also filtered, or he don't live in a totalitarian country, and no one will bother to filter a site like mega.nz.
Anyway, changing the DNS wouldn't solve the problem, unless he address it through a VPN.
The situation is not clear. I didn't catch the OP saying if he tried to ignore the warning and proceed to the site to see what happens, but there's a few things to note that may make you realize I wasn't incorrect. If he prefixed https to the IP, he would end up with the same kind of warning because, as is the case for everyone, the IP isn't covered by the cert. Oddly, in this case, he may actually be waiting at the real site, but that won't help him because he will be redirected if he ignores the warning and proceeds any further. In the other case, if he prefixed http or didn't prefix anything, he would only be at the real site temporarily because he would be immediately redirected. The site is configured to do a redirect via the browser to the URL mega.nz triggering a DNS lookup. He would end up at the fake site again.

I am not guaranteeing anything, but the simplest explanation is DNS interference. Is there a better one? The site is not misconfigured. His stuff is working now with a VPN, so his computer wasn't misconfigured. If you search around the forum, people in another thread were saying that Belgium put some kind of hijack on mega.nz so I guess it's a totalitarian country by your estimation. However, it's not uncommon for this kind of DNS hijack to happen in many different countries. I've seen it in the US even on sites that no one really knew about (the small fries). The site is probably a very big target in general because it got press way back when. The FBI bothered to go to an island nation and raid the founder (then have a protracted legal battle), and now it has owners and funding from mysterious groups including ones from China. Isn't it probably one of the top 10 most notorious download sites by now? https://f95zone.to/threads/mega-not-secure-so-cant-use-it.24789/#post-1525766

Reactions: Greasy Handcock
Jun 30, 2017
Most of the time if i encounter this kind of problem i immediately restart the internet modem(normal restart not reset/default factory) and it fixing the issue.
But if it is really need an alternative site for download, i think Google Drive is fine, aside from Mega, i usually using Google Drive combine with IDM, Mega have been big for download for a very long time along with Mediafire

xXAltaiirXx

Jun 6, 2018
Btw, which is your ISP? A few years ago happened with Scarlet.
it is scarlet XD ... so i guess it's the ISP who blocks MEGA then .... cuz i literally tried every single solution from HSTS to DNS ...

Waaifu

Furry Gamer
Uploader
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
can anyone explain why google drive is not used often??
1.) A phone number is required to sign up for a Google account.
2.) Bandwidth limits that are easily reached with bigger files, causing it to go down for up to 24 hours.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
can anyone explain why google drive is not used often??
Just like Dropbox and OneDrive. If your account gets DMCA, you will lost access to everything google related (email, etc). Google has tracked down offenders in the past and banned those accounts.

1.) A phone number is required to sign up for a Google account.
2.) Bandwidth limits that are easily reached with bigger files, causing it to go down for up to 24 hours.
And this