Takkertje

Mar 4, 2020
I sometimes wonder if this is just a lack of understanding of where the Red Cross symbol comes from because notice that the religious cross icon around her neck is colored the same as the Red Cross symbol on her shirt. The Red Cross symbol on her chest was never intended to be religious, however, it's just the symbol of the flag of Switzerland. Who knows.

Personally, I find the stripper pole in space kinda hilarious.
Switzerland: red flag , white cross.
And this is a religious catholic cross she's wearing.
Get a pair of glasses and get your knowledge about geography together.

Reactions: Xia Liu Bei

Xia Liu Bei

The Last Emperor
Game Developer
Mar 11, 2019
I sometimes wonder if this is just a lack of understanding of where the Red Cross symbol comes from because notice that the religious cross icon around her neck is colored the same as the Red Cross symbol on her shirt. The Red Cross symbol on her chest was never intended to be religious, however, it's just the symbol of the flag of Switzerland. Who knows.

Personally, I find the stripper pole in space kinda hilarious.
The Red Cross was started by a devout Christian.

Switzerland's flag has a white cross, also based on the Christian cross, according to the Swiss Federal Council.

radical686

Nov 30, 2018
1) I know the color scheme of the flag of Switzerland is inverted/reversed; My mistake for not pointing out, explicitly, that the colors are inverted. The ICRC website points out that they are inverted. They also claim the ICRC symbol is derived by inverting the color scheme, which may not be historically accurate based on competing historical accounts I've read since. It was a Swiss doctor that originated the symbol.
2) My comment was not intended as a critique of the game or the Dev. Thematically, a nurse in white sporting a red/black cross is not just used here, but in lots of media. I have no clue what the Dev intended.
3) Not sure what any of this has to do with Geography. Flags are symbols, not geography.
4) My biggest mistake was posting a general observation about the use of crosses on nurses outfits in a forum where people instinctively bite your head off.

Last edited:

radical686

Nov 30, 2018
The Red Cross was started by a devout Christian.
Did not know this.

Switzerland's flag has a white cross, also based on the Christian cross, according to the Swiss Federal Council.
I did know the colors were inverted. My mistake for not pointing out, explicitly, that the colors are inverted. The ICRC website points out that they are inverted. They also claim the ICRC symbol is derived by inverting the color scheme, which may not be historically accurate based on competing historical accounts I've read since.

Just to be clear, I was making a general comment about nurses in white with crosses as a thematic element of many media, not just this game. It was not intended to be a critique of the game or the Dev.

Last edited:

Xia Liu Bei

The Last Emperor
Game Developer
Mar 11, 2019
Did not know this.
Crosses on flags didn't happen by chance in the Western world. The English, Scottish, and Irish flags, for example, all have (or had, in the case of Ireland) crosses on them (representing different saints) because they were all Christian countries. The British flag is an amalgamation of all three crosses.

Before modern hospitals, healthcare was almost exclusively a religious calling, not a scientific one. The same is true for almost every other charitable organization as well. As I said, the crosses are not a coincidence. Christianity is embedded in Western culture. I know that's offensive to some, but I reckon almost everything is nowadays.

radical686

Nov 30, 2018
Crosses on flags didn't happen by chance in the Western world. The English, Scottish, and Irish flags, for example, all have (or had, in the case of Ireland) crosses on them (representing different saints) because they were all Christian countries. The British flag is an amalgamation of all three crosses.

Before modern hospitals, healthcare was almost exclusively a religious calling, not a scientific one. The same is true for almost every other charitable organization as well. As I said, the crosses are not a coincidence. Christianity is embedded in Western culture. I know that's offensive to some, but I reckon almost everything is nowadays.
Hmm! Thanks, that was informative.

Takkertje

Mar 4, 2020
1) I know the color scheme of the flag of Switzerland is inverted/reversed; My mistake for not pointing out, explicitly, that the colors are inverted. The ICRC website points out that they are inverted. They also claim the ICRC symbol is derived by inverting the color scheme, which may not be historically accurate based on competing historical accounts I've read since. It was a Swiss doctor that originated the symbol.
2) My comment was not intended as a critique of the game or the Dev. Thematically, a nurse in white sporting a red/black cross is not just used here, but in lots of media. I have no clue what the Dev intended.
3) Not sure what any of this has to do with Geography. Flags are symbols, not geography.
4) My biggest mistake was posting a general observation about the use of crosses on nurses outfits in a forum where people instinctively bite your head off.

Don't know where you're calling from and maybe i was to harsh in my comment on what country you ment and where its place on the globe. I'm dutch and it's not the first time 'our' flag gets mistaken for the French or pointed out on the map as Germany.
Especially folks from the US got bad knowledge about the worldmap.
So excuse me for my negative comments and my english.
That's what i ment with geography.
My English language may not be superb , my geography is.

Xia Liu Bei

The Last Emperor
Game Developer
Mar 11, 2019
Don't know where you're calling from and maybe i was to harsh in my comment on what country you ment and where its place on the globe. I'm dutch and it's not the first time 'our' flag gets mistaken for the French or pointed out on the map as Germany.
Especially folks from the US got bad knowledge about the worldmap.
So excuse me for my negative comments and my english.
That's what i ment with geography.
My English language may not be superb , my geography is.
Don’t blame Americans too much. They don’t have time to learn things like math, science, or geography. They’ve got more important things to focus on, like diversity training, feminism, and gender studies.

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
Learn before you slag others off, perhaps?:
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a humanitarian institution based in Geneva, Switzerland, and a three-time Nobel Prize Laureate.

Among the proposals written in the final resolutions of the conference, adopted on 29 October 1863, were:

The foundation of national relief societies for wounded soldiers;

Neutrality and protection for wounded soldiers;

The utilization of volunteer forces for relief assistance on the battlefield;

The organization of additional conferences to enact these concepts in legally binding international treaties; and

The introduction of a common distinctive protection symbol for medical personnel in the field, namely a white armlet bearing a red cross, honoring the history of neutrality of Switzerland and of its own Swiss organizers by reversing the Swiss flag's colors

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
I sometimes wonder if this is just a lack of understanding of where the Red Cross symbol comes from because notice that the religious cross icon around her neck is colored the same as the Red Cross symbol on her shirt.
I will say that there is no reason that a religious symbol can't be red, green, purple of magenta and cyan polkadripes.

Takkertje

Mar 4, 2020
Learn before you slag others off, perhaps?:
The Red Cross is the name used in countries under nominally Christian sponsorship; Red Crescent (adopted on the insistence of the in 1906) is the name used in Muslim countries.

Who's talking?

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
The Red Cross is the name used in countries under nominally Christian sponsorship; Red Crescent (adopted on the insistence of the in 1906) is the name used in Muslim countries.

Who's talking?
Quite aware of that. The original comment was specifically about the Red Cross and its emblem.

peggyleenou

Feb 2, 2019
Well... thanks dev for not wasting our time.
After first doubts (seeing so many male NPCs) you quickly put an end to our suffering showing us the bed scene between Nata Lindsey and Paul Anderson.
Sci-Fi scenery is promising.
Characters are not bad at all.
So good luck and... Goodbye!

• Wow
Reactions: TiffanyMonroe
2.50 star(s) 2 Votes