VN Ren'Py Pokemon Academy Life Forever [v05.11.2024] [Pokémon Visual]

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
MC is bisexual, which really needs to be a toggleable option
Not like there's any point of it being a toggle when the game has no sexual content and none of the guys is dateable by the looks of it, with their relationship status locked down to initial values.

Reactions: Angelcrush

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
Ah ok, cause i had seen a few dialogues already hinting we like guys... Nothing wrong with that but that is not for me as a straight guy ;)
I agree, that's why I'm of the opinion it should be a toggle

Not like there's any point of it being a toggle when the game has no sexual content and none of the guys is dateable by the looks of it, with their relationship status locked down to initial values.
Those are both true for now, but they are heavily pushing a GoldxMC position rn, so that toggle will be needed eventually.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Those are both true for now, but they are heavily pushing a GoldxMC position rn, so that toggle will be needed eventually.
But... what for? I mean, it's the player's decision/choice to advance relationship if they wish so? So if you don't want your MC to get in gay relationship then just like, don't? I don't think i've seen any game with options of male and female LIs to get requests "this game needs a toggle so gay options are disabled".

Obsidion69

Jun 16, 2018
So just cause I'm seeing a lot of complaints about the no sexual content tag there are two important things to point out about it and why it shouldn't automatically disqualify games from being on a site about adult games. First the tags are supposed to reflect current content; doesn't mean it won't be added later so don't be a dick complaining about it. Second in my experience it's meaning can vary but ultimately it means no boning; it can include anything up til boning so teasing, nudity, masturbation, etc...just no penetration.

DeathAl

Jan 26, 2019
But can you actually date any of the girls? Most of the main girls seem to already have their eyes on their male counterparts.

May was my favorite growing up, but she's introduced already dating Brendan. I tried to move on to Serena, but she immediately shows interest in Calem.
As a May enjoyer myself, it saddens me too. But it gives a little more verisimilitude that all the characters are not directly and totally attracted to the MC.

but they are heavily pushing a GoldxMC position rn
Really ? I felt more like the game was pushing towards a relationship with Leaf or Tia (or why not Nessa).

Does anyone know how to lvl up the mons
Augment your types proficiency and fight wild pokemon on the field.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I felt more like the game was pushing towards a relationship with Leaf or Tia (or why not Nessa).
Leaf definitely feels like she's positioned as the story lead, with the amount of interactions throughout the game so far. Which i personally don't mind, they pulled off "smug, but funny" really well in her case.

Ethan, in contrast, seems more like just MC's "mirror" with very little presence outside of this gimmick.

Reactions: Raj1

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
As a May enjoyer myself, it saddens me too. But it gives a little more verisimilitude that all the characters are not directly and totally attracted to the MC.

Really ? I felt more like the game was pushing towards a relationship with Leaf or Tia (or why not Nessa).

I don't exactly like that it seems May and Serena are in to there counterparts but for me that is because in this version and May in the old version it felt like they were not gonna be dateable. I think this game intends to make everyone dateable but feels bad for Brendan to effectively ensure they break up

Donutmaester

Dec 31, 2020

Could you give an example or explain, because my Ghost/Fire were both at proficiency 5 and I battled a few wild mons, but my Litwick wouldn't lvl up

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Could you give an example or explain, because my Ghost/Fire were both at proficiency 5 and I battled a few wild mons, but my Litwick wouldn't lvl up
There's two parts to leveling up your pokemons: first, there's basic xp they need to acquire through battles. The (theoretical) max level a pokemon can reach with the amount of xp it has collected is listed as "Potential". However, the actual level the pokemon can reach after winning a fight is limited to your familiarity with their type, which is listed as "Cap".

The familiarity can be raised by 1 point per day taking a relevant class, by extra 0.5 point using "Study" option in the library, and by 0.25 point per day when interacting at cafeteria table with a student who is knowledgeable in given type, or by 1 extra point through tutoring from the teacher in the cafeteria, however the subject she can teach you is random (the latter options are unlocked after a while, they aren't immediately available)

Reactions: Raj1

tortlll

Jan 4, 2019
I could be wrong, but it's seeming like only the primary type matters in max level potential.
For example, with a Ralts who is Psychic/Fairy, the cap is exactly the same as Psychic prof.
Right now, I tried two things:
Psychic: lv3, Fairy: lv1 = Cap lvl 3
Then, I leveled up Fairy.
Psychic: lv3, Fairy: lv2 = Cap lvl still 3.

It is either that, or it will take the highest of the two types (I have not tested it, but it is a possibility.)

Donutmaester

Dec 31, 2020
Just tested it with a new playthrough, and yeah you need to have a proficiency of 6 to get the starter to lvl up by 1, and it only focuses on the primary type.

Thanks guys

Last edited:

tortlll

Jan 4, 2019
In order news, finding it hilarious how both Tierno and Trevor have seemingly been banished to the shadow realm between the original project before the reboot and this.
Probably a good thing, tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: zeerin

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
It has occurred to me that in my initial post on this game I'd only really discussed the negatives, which are mostly mechanical in nature. And that's not fair to the game, which does have good points to counter-balance the negatives a little. So in order to fix that, here's a bunch of things I like about the game, with a couple of non-ranting...not really problems per se, but mostly opinions to better emphasize the good points.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oh I agree, they're pushing pretty hard for a relationship with Leaf or, uh, "Tia" too (even though Leaf super rejects you if you ask her on a date lol), but, similarly to how they're pushing Janine as the dom/sub route, I feel like they're pushing Gold as a gay route. But I could be wrong. It's quite possible.

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
About battles: there's only a couple battles that are actually impossible without some combination of good rng/solo-typing the classes/ having starters with status or super-effective moves. One is Whitney, which is a little tongue in cheek imo, but at the same time kind of a decent chuckle for players that are familiar with the fat cow.
From the associated writing am pretty sure this one is made nigh-unwinnable intentionally and by design, so i don't hold it against the game.

tortlll

Jan 4, 2019
It has occurred to me that in my initial post on this game I'd only really discussed the negatives, which are mostly mechanical in nature. And that's not fair to the game, which does have good points to counter-balance the negatives a little. So in order to fix that, here's a bunch of things I like about the game, with a couple of non-ranting...not really problems per se, but mostly opinions to better emphasize the good points.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oh I agree, they're pushing pretty hard for a relationship with Leaf or, uh, "Tia" too (even though Leaf super rejects you if you ask her on a date lol), but, similarly to how they're pushing Janine as the dom/sub route, I feel like they're pushing Gold as a gay route. But I could be wrong. It's quite possible.
There are definitely some nigh-unwinnable battles, especially early on.
I got wrecked by Rosa with her Pokemon that spammed quick attack, as I only was able to use my one, singular Ralts with glass for Defenses.
Honestly, so many of the early battles were super difficult. Ralts' base stat total of 198 feels like Hard Mode when I'm facing (relative) BST beasts like Eevee with 325.
I managed to take down the Corsola, though. A combination of having my Comfey use leech seed + having Ralts get lucky with confusion procs.

And on the point with darker skin characters, I think you just missed them. Bea (Fighting/Rock), Olivia (teacher for rock), Brock, Nessa are all in the game.

Being an Electric trainer ends up being kinda pointless, so I'm glad they gave you the option to transfer your levels for it elsewhere after a certain event.
Personally, would like it if the minimum level you started at for training a 'Mon was 3-5, because not being able to train a Pokemon past level 5 unless you have trained 6 times feels like an issue. That is, unless, they decide to make training faster as the trainer advances in knowledge, which could make narrative sense.
Because at the current rate of training, there is no possible way to focus your attention on more than just a few types.

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes