VN Ren'Py Pokemon Academy Life Forever [v05.11.2024] [Pokémon Visual]

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes

Astra9

Jun 19, 2022
A propos of nothing. If you want to ruin improve ruin the game for yourself cheating, few quick tricks available through the console:

HealParty(trainer1) will heal and clear status for entire (typically player's) party. Hunt these pokemons all day

playerparty[X].IVs = [a, b, c, d, e, f] allows to manually redefine IVs for the pokemon sitting in slot X of player's party (where X is 0-5, with 0 being the topmost, etc and a, b, c and so on are values in range 0-31)
playerparty[X].RecalculateStats() updates attributes of pokemon sitting in slot X of player's party. Useful after changing IVs

classstats["Type"] = X sets cap for given pokemon type to X, where "Type" is capitalized name of the type you're changing, i.e. "Normal", "Fire", "Water" etc
playerparty[X].GainExperience(Y) grants Y amount of EXP acquired to pokemon in slot X of player's party and levels up the pokemon if applicable
How do I open the console on this game?

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
but we can also have our actual Absol, as opposed to the one they stole 18 levels from.
To be fair, i think dropping Absol to l.10 is quite justified -- getting your hands on l.28 would completely trivialize already easy early game, not to mention there's no way the other two trainers who also took part in the fight would just let you have it, without having to murder them and bury the bodies.

How do I open the console on this game?
It's done like in every other Renpy game. Google is your friend, as usual:

Reactions: Raj1

Dantalion71

Jun 29, 2019
I've loved the game so far and it has left me wanting more. But I'm a little worried since the project was already abandoned once from what I see and it also seems that it was very slow, having barely two weeks of play since the project started in 2016. Is there a roadmap or is it known every when are the updates planned? From what I see in the Discord there is nothing and the old "official" page is in disuse.
As for criticism of improving what has been seen so far in the game, my only complaint would be how rushed the formation of a team is. It's supposed to be the beginning of the game, there's barely a route to catch pokemon and certain types like water don't even show up and they're already telling you to form a team of six pokemon for an event.

PD: Did you seriously forget the dating sim tag when the whole game aims to be a dating sim? LOL

tortlll

Jan 4, 2019
I've loved the game so far and it has left me wanting more. But I'm a little worried since the project was already abandoned once from what I see and it also seems that it was very slow, having barely two weeks of play since the project started in 2016. Is there a roadmap or is it known every when are the updates planned? From what I see in the Discord there is nothing and the old "official" page is in disuse.
As for criticism of improving what has been seen so far in the game, my only complaint would be how rushed the formation of a team is. It's supposed to be the beginning of the game, there's barely a route to catch pokemon and certain types like water don't even show up and they're already telling you to form a team of six pokemon for an event.

PD: Did you seriously forget the dating sim tag when the whole game aims to be a dating sim? LOL
This game has actually had multiple occurences where the entire game has been revamped up to this point.
The biggest issue with the early versions was that they tried to make it way too sandbox-y, and thus were not able to keep up.
The new version you play now is actually drastically different from the previous, as while now you have a set group of roommates, in the previous version you got to choose a single one.
The writing styles have also drastically changed, with them completely revamping the MC's personality for the better. (For evidence, just watch the Game Grumps video on this game from like... 2016, where you'll see the MC basically be mute, and constantly thinking about dumb shit.)
It seems like in this current version they will be streamlining content so the scope will not be insane, like it originally was.

They seem to say new info is on their discord, and twitter. They may have changed their discord. The other socials are no longer owned by them.

SilverSteve

Oct 16, 2017
glad to see someone picked this back up... always enjoyed this game but felt like the original team behind it... tried to do too much and ended up not being able to find a work-life balance with this in the works so just dropped it.

Oct 18, 2018
They seem to say new info is on their discord, and twitter. They may have changed their discord. The other socials are no longer owned by them.
The new creator is dropping news on the Twitter page, and there's a new Discord that's different than the one from the old creators. They also dropped the announcement on the YouTube channel that they'd picked up the project.

Kozuki12

Aug 17, 2019
The heck? I can't be the only one that notice they rewrote the reason, why he joined the academy!!

Oct 18, 2018
The heck? I can't be the only one that notice they rewrote the reason, why he joined the academy!!
Well, yeah. They decided to use new storylines to help bind everything together, and this explains the thing that they already introduced previously about how Pokemon listen to him without any issue.

Kozuki12

Aug 17, 2019
Well, yeah. They decided to use new storylines to help bind everything together, and this explains the thing that they already introduced previously about how Pokemon listen to him without any issue.
It was better when he didn't know what to do in life or why he was special when it came to pokemons listening to him, just him already wanting a goal to be the pokemon champion just kinda ruined it for me.

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
It was better when he didn't know what to do in life or why he was special when it came to pokemons listening to him, just him already wanting a goal to be the pokemon champion just kinda ruined it for me.
Why? Genuine question, why did MC having the goal of being a pokemon champion ruin it for you?

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Protagonist wanting to be pokemon champion is like, par for the course for the franchise, so am also not seeing why this would be an issue.

tortlll

Jan 4, 2019
Quick update: Max level of dual-type Pokemon is max of each type. So whatever type is higher counts as the Pokemon's level, regardless of primary/secondary types.

Reactions: ffive

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
Quick update: Max level of dual-type Pokemon is max of each type. So whatever type is higher counts as the Pokemon's level, regardless of primary/secondary types.
Thank you for spending the time figuring out the bad system for those of us that couldn't be bothered too.

Oct 18, 2018
Is it me, or are the random encounters pre-loading? Like, if you save before you start hunting for wild Pokemon, you get the same sequence? I've noticed that you can actually make it give you a difference sequence if you switch which Pokemon you have in front. Think the code's "randomizer" is basing the lineup of Pokemon you get to see on who's in your first position?

Edit: Seems like the generated Pokemon aren't the only thing being pre-loaded. So are crits and other RNG items.

Last edited:

eien

Aug 25, 2017
it s funny how difficulty wise a renpy game of all things is much better than most pokemon custom made games

the game is really good but i doubt they can move it forward, it s really ambitious. that said i wish it the best, had fun with what s in the game

what people started with? drillbur is actually pretty decent. i`m doing earth-fire-dragon

eien

Aug 25, 2017
Is it me, or are the random encounters pre-loading? Like, if you save before you start hunting for wild Pokemon, you get the same sequence? I've noticed that you can actually make it give you a difference sequence if you switch which Pokemon you have in front. Think the code's "randomizer" is basing the lineup of Pokemon you get to see on who's in your first position?

Edit: Seems like the generated Pokemon aren't the only thing being pre-loaded. So are crits and other RNG items.
it s semi randomized base in many things like your decisions and many other things. before the first time you get to free roam/catch pokemons, try to pick a differente choice related to the student council shit or anything really, and you`ll see it`ll be a differente order.

most importantly it changes which `` rare `` pokemon will be there like cyndaquil, eevee that dragon etc in a reasonable queue spot

i messed a lot with that because going earth > fire i really wanted a fire poke and there s only cyndaquil there which is pretty rare to show up

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Is it me, or are the random encounters pre-loading?
It's not random encounters per se, but the results of random number generator which are fixed, in the sense you'll get the same sequence on every reload. This affects encounters, action outcomes and everything else which uses RNG, and reduces save scumming to certain extent, though you can still manipulate results by changing order of actions (similar to how people do it in games like X-COM and such)

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Bruh, how the heck did you guys beat the Miltank?
Well, you aren't really supposed to. But those who did, it'd be likely by sacrificing couple pokemons to lower the cow's defenses and maybe afflict it with some hp draining condition, then hitting it hard and hoping you kill it before it wipes out all your cast.

Kozuki12

Aug 17, 2019
Well, you aren't really supposed to. But those who did, it'd be likely by sacrificing couple pokemons to lower the cow's defenses and maybe afflict it with some hp draining condition, then hitting it hard and hoping you kill it before it wipes out all your cast.
I thought so, god I hate the level system in this game. >~>

Reactions: Angelcrush
4.70 star(s) 10 Votes