VN Ren'Py Pokemon Academy Life Forever [v05.11.2024] [Pokémon Visual]

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Nope, it definitely isn't, especially when you can get 3 points to relationship just by hanging out with someone on weekend or in the evening. It's probably a good thing, attaching some special reward to what's intended a fail point in the tutorial would be kind of a dick move.

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
I mean, 3 points is 3 points. That an entire weekend slot that's free for someone else. Pretty worthwhile reward imo.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Well, as the game stands it's 3 points which don't grant you any benefit whatsoever -- there's no relationship upgrade with Whitney and it might take months or years before it changes, if it even changes.

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
But, like you said, it's intended to be a fall point in the tutorial, so there shouldn't be a special reward. As is you get a point or two from at least a few other fights in the class, so getting three for the hardest fight in there seems on brand with the other rewards from winning in that class.

Reactions: ffive

KaitenBK201

May 18, 2017
I don't really understand Cap and Potential here, and i wonder what is better, leveling or studying starter's type.

Donutmaester

Dec 31, 2020
Bruh, how the heck did you guys beat the Miltank?
Status effects like burn/poison/confusion and causing large amounts of damage that ignore the milk drink, or using a pokemon that knows rock smash to lower defense while causing supereffective damage. Both strats require the praying to the rng gods that Whitney doesn't just start spamming milk drink every turn, because the AI likes to cheat sometimes.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I don't really understand Cap and Potential here, and i wonder what is better, leveling or studying starter's type.
Cap: max level given pokemon is allowed to reach.
Potential: the level given pokemon can reach with its current amount of gained xp

the actual level your pokemon will have is the smaller of these two values. So you need both to study to raise the level cap, and train to gain xp to actually reach that level. Since your pokemons start at lvl.5 and the cap starts at 1, you'll need first to increase the cap in given type to at least 6 before your pokemon can level up.

HankHawk

Jun 26, 2018
only problems i had was Hilbert. at level five my aron swept the floor with evey battle till that point. and now im restarting my game after learning the mechanics. Wittney i just spammed mud shot till i lowered her accuracy to -6 then spammed harden and tackle till milk drink ran out of pp. easy sweep from there.

Maggishunter

May 7, 2023
I have played the whole DEMO in 2 days.
A bit short and my pokemon gained a lot of ex, but it's always been stored for the "future".
BTW i haven't lost a single battle and still it seems way to easy.
Also not even a single topless scene or anything... it would be awesome if that could be fixed until the full version comes out.
Thanks for the game and please keep on working on it...:coffee:

Sep 10, 2022
I have played the whole DEMO in 2 days.
A bit short and my pokemon gained a lot of ex, but it's always been stored for the "future".
BTW i haven't lost a single battle and still it seems way to easy.
Also not even a single topless scene or anything... it would be awesome if that could be fixed until the full version comes out.
Thanks for the game and please keep on working on it...:coffee:
tag no sexual content, as in ever, this game is SFW and it will always be, the new team only want to finish what the first failed.

RustyHorseman

Dec 4, 2019
If your so desperate for sex scenes, make them yourself and put them in a mod. Draw them or hire an artist. Or better yet, feed the images into an Ai and train a LORA so you can make them in the games style.
Be the change you want to see in this world.

Oct 18, 2018
If your so desperate for sex scenes, make them yourself and put them in a mod. Draw them or hire an artist. Or better yet, feed the images into an Ai and train a LORA so you can make them in the games style.
Be the change you want to see in this world.
True. The original team even released literally all of their assets so that people could make their own stuff with them. That stuff can be found in their Discord, which is also referenced in the thread for the old version of this game.

cielhero

Jul 12, 2020
I don’t care if there’s lewd material. I just want the game to be done. I hope these developers can go the distance because this is fun.

Apr 1, 2021
I've found myself fully enjoying this game to the point where I even forgot to even check if it had lewd content or not because it didn't really matter to me. The dialogue is great, the visuals are fantastic, and while the actual game mechanics could be slightly better they are still solid. I especially love the subtle references to other materials such as the Pokemon Adventures Manga. Even so every character somehow feels unique from and in some cases superior to their original counterparts. It's kinda blowing me away how awesome the world-building is without compromising the story-telling.

A true diamond in the rough which I can't wait to see expand over time and, unlike a lot of NSFW games I play, I'm definitely comfortable recommending this to virtually anyone who enjoys games in general not just Pokemon.

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes