VN Ren'Py Pokemon Academy Life Forever [v8.15b.2024] [Pokémon Visual]

4.40 star(s) 11 Votes

Arty_Wolf

Jul 31, 2023
So while getting my other save file up to speed with the update, I got reminded of something with the story, and this might be me just theory guessing, but does anyone else think that the writers are going to go with the fan theory and make N actually be a Pokemon if he gets added to the story? I bring this up since Tia makes the comment that one other student is also actually a Pokemon, and so far that plot point hasn't shown up again in the story so far.

AMereShadow

Feb 12, 2018
dumb question but does studing sign language actauly help/do anything? or is it just a affection option?

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
dumb question but does studing sign language actauly help/do anything? or is it just a affection option?
From my anecdotal experience only once besides the mandatory tutorial/story lesson. After that you can understand her slightly better. Besides raising her relationship level i havent seen any difference.
I think any next level steps to fully understand her arent implemented yet.
One of many work in progress things for the future.

Reactions: AMereShadow

Jojomuh

Apr 9, 2021
Hey guys, I have a pretty severe bug with the game that appeared recently. When I want to save or load a game directly I get this error. These last few days I have been using the URM mod so as not to lose my progress on the phone, I thought it was a joiplay error but I tried it on the PC and I get the same error so I know it is the game.
And no, I can no longer continue using the URM mod because I also get an error.

Any advice or help?

psd:I also put the error log in case it is useful for something idk

Oct 18, 2018
The dev came back from vacation and dropped a massive update to fix all of the bugs that were found while he was gone. Get version 8.14.2024 now.

Download Links:
Windows:
Mac:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: ffive

Ancient Devil

Dec 20, 2023
Well just completed the new update... had to do a rerun because there is some updated content, and some of the content removed too. Altho I felt kinda bad that the previous dungeon system is gone, I liked it more that way, altho many won't agree to this.

Oct 18, 2018
Well just completed the new update... had to do a rerun because there is some updated content, and some of the content removed too. Altho I felt kinda bad that the previous dungeon system is gone, I liked it more that way, altho many won't agree to this.
Yeah, it was just too much for a lot of the people coming in. Especially if they'd never played Mystery Dungeon before.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
2024-08-14 Leaf dies from lack of drama.
Oh my god, they killed Leaf. Bastards.

Incidentally, one bug has still slipped through. If you catch a Shiny pokemon, the PC box gets confused by how the symbol and name are composed, and displays a blank entry with pokemon's level:

1723743461147.png

note the blank box:

1723743468255.png

Reactions: Omnom88

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
If you catch a Shiny pokemon
Wow i never knew we had shiny values. Does that mean the starter pkmn could be shiny as well or only pkmn from the wild areas?

Yeah, it was just too much for a lot of the people coming in
Compared to the previous iteration the UI for the dungeon part improved a lot. But i appreciate the devs intention & effort with the original version. Definitly was a love letter to MD & FE.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Wow i never knew we had shiny values. Does that mean the starter pkmn could be shiny as well or only pkmn from the wild areas?
I don't know about starters (at least without manipulating the relevant variable) but every pokemon you catch gets a roll that determines if they get to be shiny or not.

fake edit: seems my started has its ShinyValue initialized too, so i guess it applies to them as well and you could get one, if you're lucky. And yes, manipulating the value through the dev console can turn them shiny, too.

Oct 18, 2018
Hey, is it possible to evolve riolu? I don’t think the Pokémon have friendship lvls in this game?
It's an in-progress feature. Pokemon who evolve by friendship are going to evolve based on your social progress with certain characters. So in a sense, they will still "evolve by friendship," just with someone who would be suitable for teaching you how to train said Pokemon.

Reactions: ffive
Oct 18, 2018
The current version of the game is 8.15b.2024
In the official Discord for this game, users are currently voting on priority for the next student group storylines.

Download Links:
Windows:
Mac:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Lerd0 and ffive
4.40 star(s) 11 Votes