VN Ren'Py Pokemon Academy Life Forever [v8.15b.2024] [Pokémon Visual]

4.40 star(s) 11 Votes

Ancient Devil

Dec 20, 2023
Hello Everyone,
I want to know this, we can view the entire content right? Are there any scenes that we can miss?
If you play it right, you won't miss any content. As this is a pokemon game, you need to train your pokemon too. A small tip from me: prioritize story>training for exp and you will complete the story in one go. I do the same and it works for me.

Reactions: SuperShadow2024

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
As this is a pokemon game, you need to train your pokemon too.
On this note, raising your bonds with people is much more efficient way to train your pokemon -- a single hang out with a character gives ~85xp per relationship level to each pokemon in your party with type matching proficiencies of that character. This can mean 400-500 xp to each pokemon from characters with lvl 5-6, and can be easily arranged with the PC access right on the campus. That's with a single click rather than 20+ fights grind session. And it improves the bond further on top of that.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Hello Everyone,
I want to know this, we can view the entire content right? Are there any scenes that we can miss?
Not quite. Some of the character events involve making decisions which are mutually exclusive, so on a playthrough you'll only see the branch(es) associates with choices you make.

Ancient Devil

Dec 20, 2023
You'll need multiple playthroughs since it's impossible to complete everything in 1 currently, but otherwise all content is available.
Mhm... would you believe me if I say I completed every character path till this update, with having my party pokemon lvl almost all around 27 and still have a whole sunday left. I did a rerun on this update as some stuff changed and I wanted to catch up.
Ps: Altho I used URM to raise lvl cap but only for that... and money too :BootyTime:
So maybe it is impossible to finish in one playthrough, unless you use 'unconventional ways', like me ;)

Last edited:

Ancient Devil

Dec 20, 2023
On this note, raising your bonds with people is much more efficient way to train your pokemon -- a single hang out with a character gives ~85xp per relationship level to each pokemon in your party with type matching proficiencies of that character. This can mean 400-500 xp to each pokemon from characters with lvl 5-6, and can be easily arranged with the PC access right on the campus. That's with a single click rather than 20+ fights grind session. And it improves the bond further on top of that.
Damn, I knew hanging out with them affects exp but didn't know that so deeply. Thanks:).

May 15, 2017
Thanks everyone. I guess I was asking since I am going in Blind and well, there is no walkthrough so I do not know if I should do each electives at least once or just stick with 3 or 6. If multiple playthroughs are needed then does that mean I would need to make a different choice as I do not like to be a jerk in the game.

Ancient Devil

Dec 20, 2023
Thanks everyone. I guess I was asking since I am going in Blind and well, there is no walkthrough so I do not know if I should do each electives at least once or just stick with 3 or 6. If multiple playthroughs are needed then does that mean I would need to make a different choice as I do not like to be a jerk in the game.
You are free to make any choice you want. Different choices for characters mostly affect the dialogues or relation with them.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Altho, If you by mistake choose an option that deduct points, you can rollback most of the time or save them before choosing any (you have multiple slots in the game).
But I don't rely on it, I simply use URM to check the choices and their result.

Last edited:
May 15, 2017
You are free to make any choice you want. Different choices for characters mostly affect the dialogues or relation with them.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Altho, If you by mistake choose an option that deduct points, you can rollback most of the time or save them before choosing any (you have multiple slots in the game).
But I don't rely on it, I simply use URM to check the choices and their result.
Thanks, I have been in a mood to play pokmeon fangames and I have more or less completed every best rom hacks or rpgmakers games (With the exception of few games that have impactful choices on the story.) and I decided to try this out of curosity and really enjoyed despite being in week 1.

C.M.Cas

Shameless Dev
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2018
I was looking for academy vn for inspiration to my own game, and found this one. A very good game, a great work. Congrats, dev. The only bad thing is that the battles are extremely unbalanced, and it gets you frustrated. Yet, a game that any pokemon fan must give a chance. Keep the good work, dev.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
The only bad thing is that the battles are extremely unbalanced, and it gets you frustrated.
Hmm, what do you mean? I didn't have any real difficulty with any battle in the game yet, and i know next to nothing about the pokemon, to the point where i have to look up the type weaknesses chart all the time.

One fight which is sort-of impossible to win at first is scripted this way for the plot point, but everything else is pretty basic. Oh, minus a cow at one point, i guess, but that one is also something that the game aims to make you lose (and you can still pull off a win with some setups and/or rng)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: @LonelyWolf

Ancient Devil

Dec 20, 2023
Hmm, what do you mean? I didn't have any real difficulty with any battle in the game yet, and i know next to nothing about the pokemon, to the point where i have to look up the type weaknesses chart all the time.

One fight which is sort-of impossible to win at first is scripted this way for the plot point, but everything else is pretty basic. Oh, minus a cow at one point, i guess, but that one is also something that the game aims to make you lose (and you can still pull off a win with some setups and/or rng)
We have all been there, where we check weakness chart from time to time. I mean there are 18 pokemon types. So unless you have a real pokedex, you can't just know every time how a certain move effects a pokemon (Maybe a real pokemon fanatic can :BootyTime: ).
Btw which fight are you talking about? As far as I remember, I won all of my fights except when Blue challenged me to use only my pikachu.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Btw which fight are you talking about? As far as I remember, I won all of my fights except when Blue challenged me to use only my pikachu.
One of the early gym fights is against Whitney who employs a Miltank potentially capable of roflstomping your whole team.

Ancient Devil

Dec 20, 2023
One of the early gym fights is against Whitney who employs a Miltank potentially capable of roflstomping your whole team.
Oh that one. Yeah I won that with cyndaquil using smokescreen and sableye because normal type moves have no effect on ghost types. But I get your point, otherwise it is almost impossible to win.

Reactions: ffive
4.40 star(s) 11 Votes