• female protagonist

Votes: 308 71.0%
  • male protagonist + secondary female characters

Votes: 126 29.0%

• Total voters

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Male Protagonist by a landslide !! For various reasons...

1. Females are usually the selling point of most games, no matter how hot the female protagonist is, if she's the only one getting fucked eventually it will get stale. With male protagonist devs can use several females that he can interact with and eventually fuck them stupid !

2. Female protagonist games are almost always "corruption" games which gets fucking old very fast... just ONCE I would like a female protagonist game that MIRRORS a male protagonist game, where she is living in her own apartment is SINGLE, and goes out to seduce and fuck multiple HOT guys she actually desires !

3. Male protagonist are usually scummy, but with options to make them slightly not so creepy... with female protagonist they are ALMOST always dumb as a bag of wet dicks... They get raped by the stupidest people who come up with the stupidest plans... yet the dumb bitch always falls for them (no choices to avoid them).

4. Models... Tons of gorgeous female daz3d models to chose from or even Honey Select ones, but the choices for males are almost always fugly as all hell, literally there is 1 or 2 male models that I can say "ok that guy can get some pussy" most are either Douchebags with shit-eating grins, Dudebros with a lameass buzzcut, a young teen with tons of open pores on his face that makes them look like a peanut shell, the black guy (Liam's model) that has horrible lips and teeth, the fat bastard that looks inhuman (you know the one), or decrepit old dogshits... Jesus christ no wonder people with taste want female protagonist games that go a romance route to be mostly lesbian... (I'm one of them)...

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I prefer female protag with female secondary characters.
Despite being a straight man, I second that, and not especially because I'm a pervert.
It's refreshing for once since it's not this frequent in game. It's not something that I'll live for real, which is a good trigger for fantasies. And it tend to give better stories, both in the romance routes and in the corruption/abusing one.
Men tend to think with their dicks, and corruption's routes mostly are "take it deep you whore". Women are more perverse here and more imaginative when they want to corrupt/abuse. They don't seek for the body, but for the soul...

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Shouldn't it be "because of" instead of "despite"? Why would a straight man enjoy seeing a lot of dick in a game?
Do you read these forums?

The amount of people that complain about female protags and/or lesbian content is unreal.

It's like they need to see cock or they can't get off.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Shouldn't it be "because of" instead of "despite"? Why would a straight man enjoy seeing a lot of dick in a game?
It's "despite" because the point isn't to not see a lot of dicks, but to play a MC that don't have one and that will never encounter one. Which imply no possible direct identification with one of the characters in the game.

The amount of people that complain about female protags and/or lesbian content is unreal.

Strangely they complain even more if there's gay content. I'll end thinking that they are just a bunch of homophobic.

Edit: Adding the answer to Avaron1974.

Ataios

Sep 11, 2017
Do you read these forums?

But are these people really straight then or somehow closeted bi? Or do these people need something to identify with?

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Do people really complain about lesbian content, or you just think so ? I personally prefer to see 2 attractive bitches get it on than a female that is a 10 get stolen from a guy that is an 8 by a guy that is a 3...

Usually the only complaint I ever see upon entering a female protag game thread that just released is people asking if its gonna follow the shitty trope of "dumb-ass in lecher-town". Which is a total valid complaint... seeing a hot bitch with an IQ in the single digits get fucked and abused by the ugliest man-bitches in existence due to plot convenience is pretty disgusting and overused...

I mean the only game so far that has a decent romance story for a female protagonist is Blooming love, but its a bit boring due to it only focusing on the sisters and thats it... still a solid 8/10 game...

If they ever get over their problems the people making High Life could possibly make the best female protagonist game ever by having Eleanor/the player be able to pick nothing but lesbian relationships and dont force any hetero stuff unless the player makes that choice himself.

Reactions: 215303j

Silver

Regular
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
I think we need more good looking men. most of the games have really plain, stock male models. creators spend a lot of time for female models, ignoring the male characters. Anyway, I think a male protagonist is better

Silver

Regular
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
I tend to lean more towards Male MC games simply because they tend to focus on more girls then Female MC games.
Personally I'd rather see 1 dude fuck 10 different girls, rather then 1 girl fuck 10 different dudes. The only case where I don't prefer Male MC's is involves non-humans, I that case its good both ways.
non humans means like animals or fantasy characters like elves?

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
non humans means like animals or fantasy characters like elves?
Probably furry or monster types...

I mean a female orc is usually still a hot muscular female with green skin, and a couple of tusks... a male orc looks like garbage for the most part...

Same thing with male and female furies... the male is basically a male anthro an animal that walks on two legs, but still has a snout, hind legs etc... most female furies usually are humans with small changes "tails, ears, some fur in not gross places like the legs or arms, or a backside...

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
because the way it's depicted is unrealistic and ludicrous, not to mention the whole "lesbian" thing is a phase ;)
Reminds me of a comment some fool made a few months back that any guy can pull a lesbian if he has game.

If that game involved him changing gender then sure, a very slim chance assuming that lesbian was drunk as fuck.

Reactions: Goblin Baily: DILF

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Reminds me of a comment some fool made a few months back that any guy can pull a lesbian if he has game.

If that game involved him changing gender then sure, a very slim chance assuming that lesbian was drunk as fuck.
could you stop breaking people's dreams? next thing you tell....H5 gets abbandoned

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Personally, I prefer a male protagonist because I find it easier to imagine myself in the role. I would guess that's true for most guys with the opposite being the case for girls. But hey, I've been wrong before...

Something I've seen some games do that I'm surprised is not more common is to just set the story up with both a male and female character integral to the story and let you pick which one to play with the other one being an NPC. I suspect that's what I'll do if I ever get to the point where I try to make my own game.