Poll, how do you usually name the protagonist?

How do you usually name your protagonist?

• Total voters
Sep 26, 2021
This is a question I've been curious about for a little while. When given the choice to name the protagonist of a game you found on F95, what do you choose most often?

Oftentimes I'll forget that a game has the option to name the protagonist until I see someone post screenshots of their playthrough where they've chosen a different name for their protagonist. It's always jarring and a reminder that people play through games differently than I do.

Sep 26, 2021
Also, if you choose a name that is not your real name or the default name, do you use that same name across all games or do you change every time?

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
It depends. If I'm playing a male MC I use the name "Taylor". If I'm playing a female MC I either use my name or "Ginger".

Reactions: Leo-67

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
It depends. If I'm playing a male MC I use the name "Taylor". If I'm playing a female MC I either use my name or "Ginger".
Oh no not TWO ginger girls on here!?

I thought Avaron1974 was the sole ginger on this site? I should have guessed, no ginger wants anything to do with soul anything.

:sneaky:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Oh no not TWO ginger girls on here!?

I thought Avaron1974 was the sole ginger on this site? I should have guessed, no ginger wants anything to do with soul anything.

:sneaky:
The problem with being soulless gingers is we need a steady stream of fresh victims to take theirs.

What better place to find them than here.

As such, we're multiplying. There are lots of us and we're always here, always watching.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
The problem with being soulless gingers is we need a steady stream of fresh victims to take theirs.

What better place to find them than here.

As such, we're multiplying. There are lots of us and we're always here, always watching.
The truth is I'm not even ginger! It's a stupid name and I'm sorry! :(

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Ginger girls....:sneaky:

On topic, I use the default name unless it's something stupid.

Lewd Asshole

Dec 18, 2022
When given the choice to name the protagonist of a game you found on F95, what do you choose most often?
So I guess if I found it on TFgames it doesn't count, right? What if I found it there but used the download link from here or vice versa? Does that count?

And I just use the default name.
If there's no default name I'll mash the keyboard and stick with whatever variation of "ga0ishgp0iashga" I end up with.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I almost always use Alex if a male MC and Chloe if female. I have no clue why I just do.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Didn't even answer the question....

My name for female, Bob for male.

I remember watching Blackadder Goes Forth and the whole Bob joke so stuck with that.

Reactions: Maviarab
Sep 26, 2021
I pretty much always use the name Mera for both male and female. Couldn't tell you where I even picked up that name. Probably read it somewhere, but idk where. I also could not tell you why I started using, although Mera definitely sounds like a female name, and giving characters names from the opposite sex has always been a neat way to choose a name to me. Occasionally I'll go with default name if it seems to fit especially well, but for the most part, I use Mera.

Sep 26, 2021
Usually just use some capital letter (J, R or P for example). It's good enough for feeling like a person when called by a NPC, without racking my brain or invoking any memories of actual persons with that name. And there are 26 of them...
That's a pretty interesting answer actually. Seems like that would break immersion pretty badly. It would for me anyway. It'd be like the characters were referring to the MC by some code name or something.

Abibliboop

Oct 21, 2018
I usually use the default names unless I'm bored or the game is poorly written and then I'll use the following:
Male MC: Meat
Female MC: Fuckbunny

grohotor

May 15, 2020
If its in a context where my real name is appropriate than i use that, if not i have a couple of other names that i use for fantasy/sci fi ones.

Eagle1900

Engaged Member
Oct 7, 2022
I always play under my own name and indeed very often consider the game if there is this option