POLL: Playing the Villain?

How would you feel playing as a villain?

• Sounds Cool!

Votes: 266 92.0%
  • Hate It!

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Don't Care...

Votes: 16 5.5%

• Total voters

Steviehg84

Oct 16, 2019
Hey everyone. Lately I've been thinking about an idea I've had for a new game I'd like to start developing, and was curious how you guys would feel playing as a completely wicked character? I know that it's probably dependent on the story so I'll tell you the basic premise. You play as a vampire (this might sound lame to you, but I'm confident I could make it pretty cool) who comes to a small, seemingly picturesque town, and your goal is to essentially corrupt the townspeople. It sounds simple, and I know a lot of devs do the whole corruption thing, but I wanna do the corruption route on steroids. For instance, by the time we get to the end of the game, I want the town to be reduced to a state of absolute bedlam. Friendships ended, families and marriages torn apart, fear, paranoia, and maybe even a small dose of murder. The main character will achieve all this through seduction, manipulation, and possession (I think this will allow for a lot of interesting incest scenarios). Think of the game as a mixture between Salem's Lot and The Witches of Eastwick.

While I'm aware some people would just simply suggest having a good AND bad path, I think this would compromise the extent of the collateral damage your decisions would have. So is this something you'd be interested in? Are there any concerns you have?

Thanks.
Hey everyone. Lately I've been thinking about an idea I've had for a new game I'd like to start developing, and was curious how you guys would feel playing as a completely wicked character? I know that it's probably dependent on the story so I'll tell you the basic premise. You play as a vampire (this might sound lame to you, but I'm confident I could make it pretty cool) who comes to a small, seemingly picturesque town, and your goal is to essentially corrupt the townspeople. It sounds simple, and I know a lot of devs do the whole corruption thing, but I wanna do the corruption route on steroids. For instance, by the time we get to the end of the game, I want the town to be reduced to a state of absolute bedlam. Friendships ended, families and marriages torn apart, fear, paranoia, and maybe even a small dose of murder. The main character will achieve all this through seduction, manipulation, and possession (I think this will allow for a lot of interesting incest scenarios). Think of the game as a mixture between Salem's Lot and The Witches of Eastwick.

While I'm aware some people would just simply suggest having a good AND bad path, I think this would compromise the extent of the collateral damage your decisions would have. So is this something you'd be interested in? Are there any concerns you have?

Thanks.
This actually sounds pretty cool. I remember watching a Scottish erotic/horror movie where the protagonist was actually an incubus who drained the lifeforce of his sexual partners through their orgasms, that could be a neat idea for the game :)

Fliptoynk

Nov 9, 2018
I dunno how this game or vn play well... An OP mc could be boring. In vn, it must challenge it's readers to lay their plans meticulously.

If it's a game, well, how about a flappy bat type game where you fly avoiding stakes, forks, garlics, crosses until you reach the end where igor awaits and tell you that the maiden you're after ran off to another chamber and off you go to lvl 1 stage 2, and beyond

Last edited:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017

Thanks.
In general I enjoy playing villains and evil characters but I do prefer if they have at least some redeeming aspects to them. He can still be the power hungry supervillain and there can even be a purely evil path where he really does end up being Satan incarnate, but personally I would prefer a few options that show a chink in his armor. Maybe he falls for a mortal girl who reminds him of someone from his past? Maybe he still feels an attachment to his own family line and feels obligated to protect them while otherwise playing the stereotypical evil vampire villain. Maybe it's even purely a self interest thing and he just decides having some allies is in his own best interest and thus decides to protect and support some mortals who he thinks would make good allies.

If you haven't played the game Vampyre I suggest taking a look at it. It does a good job of giving you reason to learn about all of the different characters rather than just killing everyone. In fact even if you know from the start that you're going to just kill everyone you're still better off learning about them first because the game gives you more xp if you know their full story before killing them. I'm not saying you need to use a mechanic like that, just that I think it makes it more interesting if there is a reason to care about some of the characters.

Deleted member 229118

Oct 3, 2017

Thanks.
Sounds ineffecent.
As a vampire my interest would be feeding(drinking blood) and getting slave's.
Destroying the town would be wastefull as i would need my slave's to be alive and productive.
Much beter use of the small town is turning it into my private army of loyal minnions.
Regular feeding and sex.
Why trow that away for pointless destruction?