Popular Games

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
I'm not so broken up about losing the list of popular games, but losing the easily accessed related threads is a problem. Not all the related threads were linked in the OP because they didn't need to be linked, they were found in the sub-forum. Now, a game that has lots of related threads will have an OP filled with links and it will be difficult to get to just the game information. I think this is a step backwards.

Forward moving would be to allow all games to have a sub forum if they have related linked threads.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I'm not so broken up about losing the list of popular games, but losing the easily accessed related threads is a problem. Not all the related threads were linked in the OP because they didn't need to be linked, they were found in the sub-forum. Now, a game that has lots of related threads will have an OP filled with links and it will be difficult to get to just the game information. I think this is a step backwards.

Forward moving would be to allow all games to have a sub forum if they have related linked threads.
Exactly my opinion.

Deleted member 435

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Modder
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
Just check Most viewed threads
View attachment 248724
Or click on "Latest Updates" and sort by views.

We will test a new add-on soon which will automatically show popular Games based on ratings, thread age, replies per minute, and views per minute.

Like Retro said our next major forum update will add a new feature to allow for a similar thing for all threads.
When do you guys plan on releasing the engine/tag black list? I'm sick of seeing all these VNs at the top of the most liked list, would be really helpful to have that option to remove all the VN tagged games from results.

Xymma

Feb 14, 2018
So forgive me for being vulgar, but where in the bloody fuck is this damn featured games slider. I have spent the better part of two hours looking for this thing, and I can't find a damn thing. I read through the entire forum about the new feature and it seems other people are having no problem with so I'm beginning to feel like a blind moron. Can someone show me where to find this thing, so I can facepalm myself and move on.

PS. Yes I did check my settings, the slider is not set to hide.

Reactions: BlackDragom3636

Nightblade1947

Jun 6, 2022
Why is the Popular games subforum being ceased?

No offence to the hundreds of other games but I thought the purpose of the subforum was to either show new people the most popular games on the market or show the most developed ones. Trawling through the hundreds of games in the normal subforum tab is tedious because so many of them are genuinely poor or barely anywhere through the development process.

The tags aren't helpful either because you have to dig through so many misplaced, vague or simply poor games that I remember just giving up after 5-6 pages because tabbing everything and being disappointed with 75% of them is laborious af. This forum has 176 pages of games and 1300 threads tagged VN. Several [Completed] games have one tenth of the content of [Abandoned] Big Brother (love it or hate it) ... almost 50 pages of 3DCG games...

Like come on. Bad decision. If anything it should be expanded to some kind of OP like threshold or subjective opinion on the game's development stage / content / visual or novel merit.
if you're looking for VNs, try MonGirlDreams (couldn't find a link, sorry)

Ogleby

May 10, 2023

No offence to the hundreds of other games but I thought the purpose of the subforum was to either show new people the most popular games on the market or show the most developed ones. Trawling through the hundreds of games in the normal subforum tab is tedious because so many of them are genuinely poor or barely anywhere through the development process.

The tags aren't helpful either because you have to dig through so many misplaced, vague or simply poor games that I remember just giving up after 5-6 pages because tabbing everything and being disappointed with 75% of them is laborious af. This forum has 176 pages of games and 1300 threads tagged VN. Several [Completed] games have one tenth of the content of [Abandoned] Big Brother (love it or hate it) ... almost 50 pages of 3DCG games...

Like come on. Bad decision. If anything it should be expanded to some kind of OP like threshold or subjective opinion on the game's development stage / content / visual or novel merit.
Maybe the abandoned ones should be put in an archive, in case anyone wants to look at them or bring them back to life. IMO they don't belong in the search results if they're not currently being developed or completed.

Oct 14, 2018
Wait.. There used to be a "Popular Games" ? Huh.. I honestly never noticed, I usually just go to "Latest updates" and find stuff there :ROFLMAO:

sooohjhjhjh

Aug 15, 2023