Popular Games

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
The only reason the section stuck around was because they all had multiple threads and it was convenient to keep them together as a subforum for each of those games but my understanding is the next XF forum update will implement a new feature to allow for a similar thing for all threads.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
I'm ok with it, just was hoping for a warning first but oh well. Long as I know where stuff is I'm good.

djax

May 5, 2017
I think it's bad idea to get rid Popular Game forum, i have to search and remember the game's name that sometimes i don't remember. why not now we make new forum that fill with "recomended / Popular game" with 4 or 5 stars not only for 10 games but all games with 4 or 5 stars.

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
I think it's bad idea to get rid Popular Game forum, i have to search and remember the game's name that sometimes i don't remember. why not now we make new forum that fill with "recomended / Popular game" with 4 or 5 stars not only for 10 games but all games with 4 or 5 stars.
Man did you see how many 4+ stars games we have here? because almos every giving to game instantly 4 or 5 stars just saw one butt and two boobs.

american

Apr 24, 2017
Major problem is it seem like it calm out of blue wham just hit you in face and it was gone no heads up or said look guys we are removing Popular section for this or that reason not come on to site and it gone or games gone that the problem we all are having with issue

mattius77

May 16, 2017
Yeah, it seems kind of out of the blue for that kind of a major change. (Not that you're obligated to tell anyone anything beforehand) As long as there's a plan to implement some kind of similar functionality, I'm cool.

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
What is that? i cant seem to find it

Anyway, as i said, popular games section wasnt doing its job properly, its best if its removed and replaced with something better
This:

F95

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 21, 2016
Just check Most viewed threads
Capture.PNG
Or click on "Latest Updates" and sort by views.

We will test a new add-on soon which will automatically show popular Games based on ratings, thread age, replies per minute, and views per minute.

Like Retro said our next major forum update will add a new feature to allow for a similar thing for all threads.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
If people are so interested in abandoned games, they can add them to their watched thread list.
Any type of "ranking" invites idiots to try and bump their game up the list.

bump.jpg

Reactions: juan palote

215303j

My opinion, if anyone cares: the "popular games" section counted only traffic / posts / likes whatever. Not actual game quality. So it was extremely misleading, with people thinking, "if it's so popular, it must be good, right?" Wrong.... A "Hall of Fame" could be a good idea, but who'll be the jury?

Reactions: juan palote

sansot

Jan 14, 2019
It's not just about the game thread itself it's also the mini-expansions that came with it - walkthroughs, fan arts etc...

Having them in one place makes sense and smaller games don't carry the same clout for people to make (or search for) their fan art etc.

Reactions: DeMarcus16

Glacia

Jul 6, 2017
Looking for walkthrough/ fan arts fo a few especific games gonna be hell... might need a sub forum for games like SOB so it doesn't get really hard to findo info...
But for new games it's a great way to improve their visibility and is also a way for them to actually improve the game.
The ideal is to keep the trending tab but also bring back these sub foruns for games that have many things directly related to it being that tutorials fan arts or whatever...

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
It's not just about the game thread itself it's also the mini-expansions that came with it - walkthroughs, fan arts etc...

Having them in one place makes sense and smaller games don't carry the same clout for people to make (or search for) their fan art etc.
But that is good for more than just those few games.....

It was clearly wrong that some abandoned games had that and others non-abandoned ones that were as good or even better didnt.

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
Looking for walkthrough/ fan arts fo a few especific games gonna be hell...
there are links to each of those threads in the main game OPs

also, ya know, theres a search function on the forum

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
I agree with the decision, I only fear that the Featured Games list will become just what the Popular Games subforum was. A list of games that the staff decides is good/popular that doesn't get updated nearly enough and basically communicates to users that they shouldn't bother with anything that's not in there, because it's not "popular." The Featured games list hasn't been updated in over three months.

Also what is the "Trending Games" list and why are there two year old abandoned games like Big Brother and Teacher's Pet on it? So basically you are keeping all the worst aspects of the Popular Games section but just deleting the subforums? I don't get it.

djax

May 5, 2017
Just check Most viewed threads
View attachment 248724
Or click on "Latest Updates" and sort by views.

We will test a new add-on soon which will automatically show popular Games based on ratings, thread age, replies per minute, and views per minute.

Like Retro said our next major forum update will add a new feature to allow for a similar thing for all threads.
Good Idea :)