VN Ren'Py Porcelain Dolls [v0.01] [Iron Tiger]

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
P.S. I actually wanted to add the option to play as only one character, either Dutch or Kate (with the other on autopilot). But right now, there's too little content in the game to play as just one. Later.
I think being able to play as a protagonist rather than a POV character will significantly improve the game, sine that will allow immersion, easier suspension of disbelief, and inter-character tension since the player won't be playing both sides of the relationship. I can understand why you want to wait until there's more content so as to draw in more supporters, but urge you to keep to this plan.

Reactions: duxly

Daddy-S

Aug 27, 2022
I also dont like playing as a fem mc generally. I dont mind there being a female mc aslong as I dont have to chase relationships, the idea of chasing dick ( :sick: ) or indeed pussy as a fem mc just dont work for me at all. If I can avoid relationships / sex then I dont care if its good for the story.

Iron Tiger

Formerly 'tigerkid1988'
Dec 26, 2019
I think being able to play as a protagonist rather than a POV character will significantly improve the game, sine that will allow immersion, easier suspension of disbelief, and inter-character tension since the player won't be playing both sides of the relationship. I can understand why you want to wait until there's more content so as to draw in more supporters, but urge you to keep to this plan.
That's how it will be. It's just that this can only be implemented with a large amount of content for each main character. I understand those who prefer to play only as the MMC or only as the FMC. It would be great to do this for them. I'm confident that I can make it so interesting and complete that many will want to play the game as the other main protagonist.

Reactions: Joe Steel

Iron Tiger

Formerly 'tigerkid1988'
Dec 26, 2019
I also dont like playing as a fem mc generally. I dont mind there being a female mc aslong as I dont have to chase relationships, the idea of chasing dick ( :sick: ) or indeed pussy as a fem mc just dont work for me at all. If I can avoid relationships / sex then I dont care if its good for the story.
Вітаю!
Well, I'm designing the gameplay so that the player fully controls the situation. But I'll say right away - it won't be 100% possible. I don't have the resources to develop 6 parallel storylines.. I'm sorry. The FMC will be able to go through the entire storyline without sex. That's a fact. And you can play as the Ice Queen if you want.

Iron Tiger

Formerly 'tigerkid1988'
Dec 26, 2019
where is the cheating tag? or NTR?
I didn't include the cheat tag because, in the case of the FMC, it will happen only once. If I add the tag, many might think it will be frequent. As for NTR, I've written a lot about it in the thread. In short, I'm not planning a romantic storyline between the main characters for now (though this may change). If there is a possibility of NTR, it will be tagged, and there will be an option to prevent it.

Dec 9, 2020
I didn't include the cheat tag because, in the case of the FMC, it will happen only once. If I add the tag, many might think it will be frequent. As for NTR, I've written a lot about it in the thread. In short, I'm not planning a romantic storyline between the main characters for now (though this may change). If there is a possibility of NTR, it will be tagged, and there will be an option to prevent it.
Just some advice, be honest and up front on what you have in your game and what you will potentially add. If cheating is involved, even once, you add the tag, there's no minimum count for adding tags, it happens once you add the tag for it. People tend not to like surprises when it comes to kinks.

Good luck with the game.

Reactions: Iron Tiger

Iron Tiger

Formerly 'tigerkid1988'
Dec 26, 2019
Just some advice, be honest and up front on what you have in your game and what you will potentially add. If cheating is involved, even once, you add the tag, there's no minimum count for adding tags, it happens once you add the tag for it. People tend not to like surprises when it comes to kinks.

Good luck with the game.
Won't this look like tag abuse? Especially in later stages of the game. Players might think the gameplay is built around cheating, which it won't be?

Reactions: neronwtf
Dec 9, 2020
Won't this look like tag abuse? Especially in later stages of the game. Players might think the gameplay is built around cheating, which it won't be?
It's not tag abuse, it's just to inform players of what content is in the game. Just because a tag is there doesn't mean the game is entirely about that content. There are many games that use a negative event to setup up the base of the story, like rape or ntr or cheating, these things can happen just once, but the tag should be applied. If you want to explain it's usage then do so in the overview, or dev notes (but that might get missed a lot).

Just be upfront about the tags, trying to "hide it" is not going to be favorable for you in the long run, and then you can expect a lot of ntr discussion to break out, because a lot of players blindly dump a lot of things into that category, which will make it worse.

• Angry
Reactions: acondo and ann87ra