BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Thanks, also would like support for 4/5K screens.
The problem lately is that most never anticipated higher DPI displays or resolutions. The migration from Microsoft's pushed 96-DPI to hiDPI is going to take a lot longer for most non-studio games and such to adopt, not to mention so very many engines lack SVG/rasterized graphics and require separate mipmaps/texture resolutions. Most aren't willing to put that much time into it for so little gain (few users), not to mention issues regarding upscaling performance such as in games like Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. Serious upscaling issues, that had. They'll stick to 1080p (most common) resolutions and simply upscale. If you don't mind blurring, you can simply ask the author (or if I have time, myself, if someone will upload the Managed DLLs (I don't download Windows because I run Linux full-time these days)) to patch the game to add extra resolutions. That won't increase the resolution of images, but it allows you to run higher resolutions. I only crack/debug/patch games, so I rarely see any gameplay, but I have seen the hex-grid system in this. It is designed for low-res. May not look good. You can try combining "Reshader" with this after a resolution patch. It'd probably look good.

A quick look at the code, it could easily be patched for fullscreen, borderless, and any resolution. Just need a Windows version of "Assembly-CSharp.dll" from anyone. Can take me just a few minutes. I'd have to do it every update until the author adds support. *shrug* Author seriously should use Screen.resolutions and list out instead.

Last edited:

ThanhTung

Apr 27, 2017
It seems like there's a bug fix version (16.0.2), so... can someone update the thread please?
Sorry if my words sound offensive, Idk any clever way to say it.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
It seems like there's a bug fix version (16.0.2), so... can someone update the thread please?
Sorry if my words sound offensive, Idk any clever way to say it.
You could say "It seems like there's a bug fix version (16.0.2), does anyone have it? It fixes the following bugs that I think are critical to gameplay: ..." That works well, usually. :) You're alright though, not offensive.

Reactions: ThanhTung

ThanhTung

Apr 27, 2017
"It seems like there's a bug fix version (16.0.2), does anyone have it? It fixes the following bugs that I think are critical to gameplay: ..." Works well, usually. :) You're alright though, not offensive.
Thank you for fixing it. <3
Oh and these are the bugs that's been fixed in the newer version, I found it on the Wiki:
Bugfixes:
  • could camp in unstable portals
  • some maincharacter sexskills were mixed up
  • aircontrol essence didn't do anything
  • hardened skin soul fragment buff applied to spirits/seedlings instead of soulfragments
  • choice caster didn't work
  • potions/energy were used in instant breeding.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
The problem lately is that most never anticipated higher DPI displays or resolutions. The migration from Microsoft's pushed 96-DPI to hiDPI is going to take a lot longer for most non-studio games and such to adopt, not to mention so very many engines lack SVG/rasterized graphics and require separate mipmaps/texture resolutions. Most aren't willing to put that much time into it for so little gain (few users), not to mention issues regarding upscaling performance such as in games like Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. Serious upscaling issues, that had. They'll stick to 1080p (most common) resolutions and simply upscale. If you don't mind blurring, you can simply ask the author (or if I have time, myself, if someone will upload the Managed DLLs (I don't download Windows because I run Linux full-time these days)) to patch the game to add extra resolutions. That won't increase the resolution of images, but it allows you to run higher resolutions. I only crack/debug/patch games, so I rarely see any gameplay, but I have seen the hex-grid system in this. It is designed for low-res. May not look good. You can try combining "Reshader" with this after a resolution patch. It'd probably look good.

A quick look at the code, it could easily be patched for fullscreen, borderless, and any resolution. Just need a Windows version of "Assembly-CSharp.dll" from anyone. Can take me just a few minutes. I'd have to do it every update until the author adds support. *shrug* Author seriously should use Screen.resolutions and list out instead.
Thanks for the details. Just running at full screen upscales it into bluriness. I assume your patch would fix some of the bluriness from assets that aren't fixed sized images right? Parts of the text and so on?

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Thanks for the details. Just running at full screen upscales it into bluriness. I assume your patch would fix some of the bluriness from assets that aren't fixed sized images right? Parts of the text and so on?
Yes. Much like Windows' DPI upscaling for non-aware software. You can enable stretching the entire thing (all blurred) or controls+text scaling. Yep. Just need an Assembly-CSharp.dll from a release for your system (Linux, Mac, Windows, whichever).

Last edited:

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Yes. Much like Windows' DPI upscaling for non-aware software. You can enable stretching the entire thing (all blurred) or controls+text scaling. Yep. Just need an Assembly-CSharp.dll from a release for your system (Linux, Mac, Windows, whichever).
Yeah please give it a shot to add 4k/5k if you can. My 4k device is windows and my 5k device is mac (which doesn't have support atm so it's kinda moot). I would appreciate it.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Yeah please give it a shot to add 4k/5k if you can. My 4k device is windows and my 5k device is mac (which doesn't have support atm so it's kinda moot). I would appreciate it.
I'd need the Assembly-CSharp.dll (not really wanting to download 2 GB+ just for one file, want someone to upload it). Exact resolutions are needed, such as 3840x2160. As for Mac... Linux has Wine to run Windows stuff. Does Mac, based on BSD, have something similar to support Linux binaries (ELFs)?

Last edited:

tamerlan110

May 30, 2018
Windows 10 - unlockables.sav don't work. Not on 0.16.2 and 0.16.1. It says that sav file from old version of game and dont react on it.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Windows 10 - unlockables.sav don't work. Not on 0.16.2 and 0.16.1. It says that sav file from old version of game and dont react on it.
Really? Worked fine for me, and i've been dragging mine across versions one at a time since 0.10, lol. Are you sure you've moved the right file in the right space? :unsure:
should be [filepath]\PoP_V0.16.0.2_win\PortalsOfPhereon_Data\saveData\Unlockables.sav

Last edited:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Really? Worked fine for me, and i've been dragging mine across versions one at a time since 0.10, lol. Are you sure you've moved the right file in the right space? :unsure:
should be [filepath]\PoP_V0.16.0.2_win\PortalsOfPhereon_Data\saveData\Unlockables.sav
You can use the one I uploaded, everything unlocked. Current. One person confirms working for Windows (made on Linux). https://f95zone.to/threads/7803/post-5809127

Alexander Krisnov The Unlockables I uploaded works. People just need to use New Saves, just as they would with any new Unlockables.

Last edited:

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Mine didn't work on 0.16.1 at first either. I assume I screwed up the permissions somehow, but fixing it was pretty easy.

I moved the unlockables file to my desktop and deleted the save folder from the game folder. Then I loaded up the game, created a new save, and closed out. Put the unlockables file back into the save folder that the game created. Worked fine.

I have a new game folder for each version and I'm moving the unlock file between them. So I'm guessing it didn't like me creating the saveData folder manually.

tamerlan110

May 30, 2018
You can use the one I uploaded, everything unlocked. Current. One person confirms working for Windows (made on Linux). https://f95zone.to/threads/post-5809127
Well im already use that file, but things not be easy. I just managed to open the gallery. For this, I downloaded the version from 0.13.1. I put it on and part of the gallery (actual for that version) opened. Then I renamed the actual file you posted making it identical to the old one and replaced it, after which everything worked.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Well im already use that file, but things not be easy. I just managed to open the gallery. For this, I downloaded the version from 0.13.1. I put it on and part of the gallery (actual for that version) opened. Then I renamed the actual file you posted making it identical to the old one and replaced it, after which everything worked.
The one I uploaded works out-of-box. Remember to use new saves.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
I'd need the Assembly-CSharp.dll (not really wanting to download 2 GB+ just for one file, want someone to upload it). Exact resolutions are needed, such as 3840x2160. As for Mac... Linux has Wine to run Windows stuff. Does Mac, based on BSD, have something similar to support Linux binaries (ELFs)?
Don't understand, is this something I can do or basically impossible?

4.10 star(s) 76 Votes