• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Video Power Vacuum [Dream Scenes 1-5] [What? Why? Games]

BackRunner

Jun 19, 2017
.... I think this could've been a different way for the dev to do make "What-If" scenes but due to people telling him to tone down in making the "what-if" stuff, he is now making these "dream Scenes".
That or the dev is making these due to them getting tired of making the game.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
.... I think this could've been a different way for the dev to do make "What-If" scenes but due to people telling him to tone down in making the "what-if" stuff, he is now making these "dream Scenes".
Neither of those. He doesn't listen to people telling him what to do and he hasn't said anything of being tired of making this game. Quite the opposite actually, considering every chapter is always bigger then the last. Someone who doesn't like what they do doesn't put more time into each chapter then the last.

As for why dream scenes instead of What ifs, it had to do with what ifs taking up too much of his free times. he put it something like this. If working on the main game was his real job. he worked on the main game from 9 to 5. Then when he clocked out, he worked on what ifs for a few hours.

He wanted to spent more time on the main game to get chapters bigger per release, so he now worked on the main game from 9 to 8, and now less time on dream scenes.

Not his exact words, but that's pretty close to how he put how he spends his time. people use to argue that if he spent less time on what ifs, the chapters would come out sooner. That simply wasn't true, because what ifs weren't worked on during his 9 to 5. He is now sacrificing his what if time, which was already sacrificing sleep and breaks, to now increase main game time.

Reactions: Kojo208 and Ass Fan

yourmomma

Apr 4, 2018
People didn't tell him to tone down the Whatifs. On several occasions he mentioned putting a pause on them so he can devote the extra time on the final chapters that are going to have a lot more animations.
If the cuck stuff wasnt enough in the VN/What Ifs, now hes making cuck vids on the side too.

View attachment 2755998
can't blame the dude, with only one chapter left, he gotta milk every drop of money from his supporters. But I guess that the what ifs didn't pay that well...
Awesome. New thread starts and already in the first page, people are bitching about NTR in media clearly tagged with it.

Do people just ignore tags or do they simply like bitching about things, because their life is completely devoid of any purpose and meaning?
Probably both.

Jun 28, 2020
What Ifs and these Dream scenes didn't impact the main game. Anyone who has been around since he first released the original release knows this. The content got bigger each update which of course means more dev time. But it has been a consistent stream of updates, update progress for the main game with general additions for patreon supporters.

Gab1

Jul 9, 2018
ok, this dream scenes are interesting, i would like to ask WWG if he would make a scene similar to the fantasy of Ophelia in the prologue of chapter 11, that would be something but i think he wouldnt do it because patreon.

Sumatra 3D

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Do u do other dream scenes from other games too?
WhatWhy?Games does the dream scenes. Patrons suggest different ideas and the one with the highest number of votes gets put into a poll along with two others from the list that WWG likes. The winner of the poll is what gets released at the end of the month.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
My issues with the What If's remain with these, why make them if you ain't gonna integrate them to the main game. They should be extra patreon decided content dlc vs throwaway spin offs esp as most are basically the silly trademark bad ends which are not allowed to be canon and would massively improve the experience for the player provided they are ok with NTR (though it would be optional anyway) as most of these are NTR because by god do the highest backers obsess with being cucks vs bucks haha. Truthfully the first few chapters in the game lack sexy time content badly - recent chapters alone have more than what the first six? seven? Eight even? combined.

That is the main issue, the other more minor one is the lack of originality in ideas more often than not. Everyone just lines up and goes "how about a scene where Hunter fucks Brenna?" as though it was ground breaking. Can we not at least give Drew a shot or something? We're getting new girls practically every update now and as far as i'm aware no one is off limits for these dream sequences... so yeah Brenna/Hunter can have a rest now IMO. Mind you whilst there has been some GREAT ideas i also kinda feel they're wasted as dream scenes - Catherine and the Priest for example is pure What If material vs just a brief dream scene.

Jun 28, 2020
My issues with the What If's remain with these, why make them if you ain't gonna integrate them to the main game. They should be extra patreon decided content dlc vs throwaway spin offs esp as most are basically the silly trademark bad ends which are not allowed to be canon and would massively improve the experience for the player provided they are ok with NTR (though it would be optional anyway) as most of these are NTR because by god do the highest backers obsess with being cucks vs bucks haha. Truthfully the first few chapters in the game lack sexy time content badly - recent chapters alone have more than what the first six? seven? Eight even? combined.

That is the main issue, the other more minor one is the lack of originality in ideas more often than not. Everyone just lines up and goes "how about a scene where Hunter fucks Brenna?" as though it was ground breaking. Can we not at least give Drew a shot or something? We're getting new girls practically every update now and as far as i'm aware no one is off limits for these dream sequences... so yeah Brenna/Hunter can have a rest now IMO. Mind you whilst there has been some GREAT ideas i also kinda feel they're wasted as dream scenes - Catherine and the Priest for example is pure What If material vs just a brief dream scene.
Because its for patreon backers. They decide. You can complain about it being unoriginal and rehashed scenes, but at the end of the day, the paying customers suggested and voted on them.

Reactions: yourmomma

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Because its for patreon backers. They decide. You can complain about it being unoriginal and rehashed scenes, but at the end of the day, the paying customers suggested and voted on them.
I am well aware, i was a backer myself back in the day for over a year. Doesn't mean i can't call a spade a spade though.

yourmomma

Apr 4, 2018

Kind of weird that they are called Whatifs while what ifinng and Dream Scenes while dreaming. Am I right?

Last edited:

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Kind of weird that they called Whatifs while what ifinng and Dream Scenes while dreaming. Am I right?
What do you mean? What Ifs are literally just alternate bad ending as seen several times already in the game. None of them count, they are not canon - what would you call them?