cl0ckw3rk

Jan 3, 2018
Hey guys. Thank you for the feedback/suggestions. I am talking things over with the team to see what we think the best option is going forward. Right now we are planning on potentially releasing V0.25 unfinished (at like 90% finished as far as illustrations we have that we needed).

I won't personally have the time to finish the project and redo everything unfortunately. That being said, I hate leaving things unfinished story wise so we are also contemplating potentially releasing illustrations (not version updates) after that in order to help finish the story. But that would still require working with ScarlettAnn. So, I am crossing my fingers we hear back from her at some point. I think her art is great too so that is why I pounced on the opportunity to hire her when she finished with A Zombie's Life.

I would definitely be open to redoing the entire game in 3D and rendering everything myself in the future to cut the reliance on artists out, but being honest with myself and everyone here, that has no chance of even beginning in the near future, it would be a years down the road type of thing.
No worries. I can't imagine the kind of bind you're in if you've already paid for her services. I hope everything works out for you.

Reactions: luisar018
Oct 24, 2017
Here's an update from Patreon: the next update for this game will be the last. There's a good explanation on difficulties with the project that have delayed the update. Based on the fact that the game's engine is switching to something more accessible in web browsers (from Ren'Py to Visual Novel Maker), we can hopefully expect the update within a few weeks.

Affream

Jan 8, 2019
ScarlettAnn is a legend. He/She may exagerate a bit in the boobs but i'm still a HUGE fun of his/her arts.
Can anyone link me or tell me the names of games that includes her arts ?
Hmm, let me see.
Zombie's retreat by Siren Domain
Saviour Quest by Scarlett Ann herself (pretty sure she is a girl)

itachi1313

May 6, 2018
Here's an update from Patreon: the next update for this game will be the last. There's a good explanation on difficulties with the project that have delayed the update. Based on the fact that the game's engine is switching to something more accessible in web browsers (from Ren'Py to Visual Novel Maker), we can hopefully expect the update within a few weeks.

on no , i love this game :cry:

Reactions: RideTheLightning
U

User_257412

so the game is never gonna be fully finished ? if the next is the last update
Most plausible scenario, although either if someone acquires the rights of the game or the other devs decided to continue where they left off or perhaps a whole remake (afaik owner and one of primary artists are leaving, meanwhile others far too busy or uninterested) then, maybe, there might be an absurdly tiny chance of getting halfway finished at best. Whatever aftermath follows, hopefully it'll receive a proper reboot few years later.

Reactions: OneWayMissile
U

User_257412

One heck of a run of bad luck for Scarlet Ann.
From working interest angle - yeah (top notch games with poor management), otherwise not so much. Commissions and still ongoing MA comics probably layer up her sorrow mood. At least she does have ZR now, which confidently won't be dropped any time soon as it already established a loyal fanbase and good income.

Reactions: obiwan
3.80 star(s) 108 Votes