Ren'Py Abandoned Princess Tower [v0.12.public.3] [Euphemismus]

4.60 star(s) 48 Votes

MasterMerp

Oct 10, 2019
did he say if he is reworking the code or the art/script, and is it a minor rework or throw out everything and start over kind of rework?

Euphemismus was talking about a refactoring of the H-Scene code and workings, reimplementing the tools buttons etc in a better and more future proof way as the current / first way was not that great due to inexperience etc

1680447232240.png

That was mid january... also mid january is the last time we saw activity of euphemismus on the discord...

there's been a few people asking if they are still around / even alive and some worry about euphemismus and the project...
The last updates to patreon seem to have been in december last year...
So not entirely sure what gamenok is even talking about when mentioning reworking an entire chapter

Last edited:

gamenok

Aug 4, 2019
So not entirely sure what gamenok is even talking about when mentioning reworking an entire chapter
You forgot the rework of the entire story in Chapter 1.
On top of reworking HScene, punishment etc.. it sure sounds like he's basically reworking the entire game.. that was my thoughts at least.

MasterMerp

Oct 10, 2019
You forgot the rework of the entire story in Chapter 1.
On top of reworking HScene, punishment etc.. it sure sounds like he's basically reworking the entire game.. that was my thoughts at least.

As i said: i don't see any of this mentioned anywhere?

Was it even older posts? and for what version was it intended to be released?

Shark_inA-chiar

Sep 22, 2020
As i said: i don't see any of this mentioned anywhere?

Was it even older posts? and for what version was it intended to be released?
The dev decided to get rid of the separate love and submission routes so hence the rework part. I would think that having pointless scrip and stuff like that would mess things up later

MasterMerp

Oct 10, 2019
Anybody else get this message?
View attachment 2534382
Yes, Anonfiles shows this to all. It is part of their automated system to warn for potential malware threats. They automated the scans. (highlight is on potential, it seems they rather warn too often [false positive] than not often enough)

If you use service like e.g. virustotal you can scan the file with ~60 relevant security and anti malware providers,

which i did.

1681145670392.png

Exactly one of those over 60 alerts for some similarity to a loader class malware that could be used to load more code onto your system later. The fact that all others do not alert to this and it already is an older file tell ma that this one detection is a false positive and can be disregarded.

But of course to decide that is up to your discretion and it's up to you to act responsibly with your devices and data.

See

Reactions: affen123 and rb813

alld5

Sep 14, 2017
I bought the music box upgrade but can't figure out what it actually does. I don't understand the description and don't see any different options that aren't one time story progression scenes.

thevampirate

Feb 15, 2019
Just set this game as "Abandoned"
Euph obviously has stopped caring for the project and hasn't updated the patreon page in 4 months.
I'm not paying but to be fair I cut a brake to any creator that is in/from Ukraine, and there are other games without the abandoned tag that have been left dead for much longer. I'll pick the game back up if v14 ever is released as for as the plenty of shovelware games that never get past the third update and actually dont care about people or worse do half assed updates for a year or so to milk people of their cash every month those are the games a feel deserve a quick abandoned tag vs the on-hold.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Grelk

locomotor79

Oct 2, 2016
why did this game go on abandon
becausse game is better then the other the princess and the tower
the girl from this game is better and hotter

Reactions: DedL0l

Ursyn

Feb 13, 2021
can any one tell me how much of contents does it have( since this is only 0.12 public)
There is a bit, not a huge amount but I would say it's still worth checking out if the themes of the game appeal to you. It had a ton of potential which unfortunately will likely never be realised. You may call it an ultimate tease - great game about orgasm control that prematurely ends just when things were getting good. Fitting in a sense, if disappointing.

It's a shame to see this project get abandoned, I really liked it a lot, but after months of radio silence it's hard to be optimistic. It's worth noting that author had previously gone MIA on occasion. It seems that he has, for quite some time, struggled with his mental health and living situation. Regardless of whether or not he picks up this project again I hope that he is doing alright, and simply got burned out and moved to something else. Sadly, they way things are we might never know.

n0b0di

Nov 17, 2017
There is news and from what it seems developement will resume!

Patreon pledge charges will be paused to make up for the time where they were charged but no game progress delivered.

Details:
i'm glad, the dev also seems fair, as long as he/she continues the development i'm fine

4.60 star(s) 48 Votes