VN Ren'Py Abandoned Private Mentor [v0.0.4a] [IIIIIIIIII]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

IIIIIIIIII

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
its definetly one of those scenes that can throw some ppl off. some ppl dont like sharing, gangbang, or even voyeurism. voyeurism is tricky also cause some players dont want to feel like a creep. like peeking on someone during shower. as for the scene in my case, choice is key. like if there was an option to have the landlady for mc by himself then the only thing that makes sense is when landlady and landlord initially fall down landlord stays passed out for the duration of the scene. landlady starts off masturbating sees MC and gets the option to join in. if MC recording is really important then i guess the option can come up after the boob job and landlord passes out or stays awake based on player option. as for the threesome option im sure there are some ppl who enjoy that but i doubt that they would appreciate a game over so probably what you said makes sense. either landlord passes out and MC finishes banging landlady during threeway or yeah he takes off before being noticed.
First of all thanks for that long answer. Then, if I just had to resume it shortly, the more choices there is, the better?
But yeah, it was a bit my fault for not allowing more options here. The recording here was not that important so I can do it in an option. Nonetheless, I think I get it a bit. So it's like, they fall -> Option 1: lady is the only awake and MC comes back early / Option 2: both are awake and MC comes back late -> 1) The husband doesn't know anything / 2) what you wrote with multiple branches.
That way, it can appeal to the MC lovers (meaning just the MC and the girls can fuck themselves) and the others. If that's what you meant, I think I was a bit too focused on a single path. That I can definitively do it, so you can try the next version and be disappointed by something else ^^.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
First of all thanks for that long answer. Then, if I just had to resume it shortly, the more choices there is, the better?
But yeah, it was a bit my fault for not allowing more options here. The recording here was not that important so I can do it in an option. Nonetheless, I think I get it a bit. So it's like, they fall -> Option 1: lady is the only awake and MC comes back early / Option 2: both are awake and MC comes back late -> 1) The husband doesn't know anything / 2) what you wrote with multiple branches.
That way, it can appeal to the MC lovers (meaning just the MC and the girls can fuck themselves) and the others. If that's what you meant, I think I was a bit too focused on a single path. That I can definitively do it, so you can try the next version and be disappointed by something else ^^.
pretty much seems like you got it. just remember the most important thing. its ok to listen to advise but its ultimately your game if you dont feel like you should make a change then dont. obviously i would love the change in that scene but remember you cant please everyone. but yeah so far based on your comments it seems like im convinced to keep trying this game. (y)

IIIIIIIIII

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
pretty much seems like you got it. just remember the most important thing. its ok to listen to advise but its ultimately your game if you dont feel like you should make a change then dont. obviously i would love the change in that scene but remember you cant please everyone. but yeah so far based on your comments it seems like im convinced to keep trying this game. (y)
Yeah, I know. However, this is not really as much about the story as it is with the sex scenes or the way the events unfold I would say. For example, you never removed what happened prior to the fall and that is the story part so I won't touch. However, if I do a boobjob but 90% of people wanted a blowjob, it's a bit stupid from me to not change that or at least allow the choice of the blowjob ^^
And that's why I am asking questions. Because no game is perfect and since it is a solo project, I only have my vision for at least 20 days to led me astray when working on it o_O

Dec 21, 2019
That last sex scene was fine, it served a purpose I guess by introducing the supernatural black stuff. It wasn't ntr at all, so nothing to cry about there. Also it seems like those were mc's ACTUAL landlords instead of being his secret parents, so that's a refreshing change of pace.

I'll probably follow this one and see where it goes, but not very enthusiastically. It has some issues. Fake choices leading to game over screens are a horrible waste of everyone's time. The permanent ahegao face during sex scenes looks fucking ridiculous. The quality is pretty bad, it looks worse than most HS1 games I've played, so I dunno what that's about.

Reactions: IIIIIIIIII

IIIIIIIIII

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
That last sex scene was fine, it served a purpose I guess by introducing the supernatural black stuff. It wasn't ntr at all, so nothing to cry about there. Also it seems like those were mc's ACTUAL landlords instead of being his secret parents, so that's a refreshing change of pace.

I'll probably follow this one and see where it goes, but not very enthusiastically. It has some issues. Fake choices leading to game over screens are a horrible waste of everyone's time. The permanent ahegao face during sex scenes looks fucking ridiculous. The quality is pretty bad, it looks worse than most HS1 games I've played, so I dunno what that's about.
Yes, no incest for ones. And like, for real, the MC family is nearly gone (no step-sister or step-mother coming in).
Then supernatural stuff will be present and is actually the end of the game (where I have planned 2 "end" versions).
Fake choices are what seems to be the biggest problem I have currently. I am at least re-writing the last scene and there will still be 1 Game Over but there is for now 7 different variations with 4 outcomes (1 is the Game Over). So I think it is better?
Fake Ahegao will be banned :), I stop joking. Yeah, I have overused it, in just 2 versions. I have more mouth/eyes/eyebrows variations to do (will still be present in the first scene tho until an HD video is possible).
As for quality, do you mean writing or images? If it's writing it's my fault, if it's videos, there is no integrated capture for videos yet (mod doesn't exist). If it's the image, they are at 1080p and 95% quality webp, I can't currently have a better capture.

Reactions: Ser Lordypants
Dec 21, 2019
Yes, no incest for ones. And like, for real, the MC family is nearly gone (no step-sister or step-mother coming in).
Then supernatural stuff will be present and is actually the end of the game (where I have planned 2 "end" versions).
Fake choices are what seems to be the biggest problem I have currently. I am at least re-writing the last scene and there will still be 1 Game Over but there is for now 7 different variations with 4 outcomes (1 is the Game Over). So I think it is better?
Fake Ahegao will be banned :), I stop joking. Yeah, I have overused it, in just 2 versions. I have more mouth/eyes/eyebrows variations to do (will still be present in the first scene tho until an HD video is possible).
As for quality, do you mean writing or images? If it's writing it's my fault, if it's videos, there is no integrated capture for videos yet (mod doesn't exist). If it's the image, they are at 1080p and 95% quality webp, I can't currently have a better capture.
If you want to have choices, the more meaningful choices the better, and the less game overs the better :) But 7 variations and 4 outcomes for just 1 scene sounds like a lot. Careful not to spend too much time on 1 scene, instead of more scenes with more girls which I bet most people would prefer. As for the quality, the images look fine, the videos looked worse and I thought it was weird.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
Having bad ends in the memories...makes no sense.

Also that's me out with the NPC cock action; no interest in watching other dudes fucking. If the MC isn't involved and it's M/F then I'm not interested.
yeah i had mixed feelings about this. but thinking about it could be chalked up to an easy fix by saying/doing one of two things.

1. the sex scenes that followed were Mc's imagination of how he wished things went then ends and story continues.

2. the sex actually happened but they didnt get caught. maybe the mc managaed to keep girl quiet or mom left before she could figure anything out.

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
You think which time you can make better quality fix for animations? I like it animation physics but as you told already its looks bad as a quality.

IIIIIIIIII

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
You think which time you can make better quality fix for animations? I like it animation physics but as you told already its looks bad as a quality.
I will say this and people can just DM if you have a better way to do it (I may have missed something completely).

Right now, in Studio Neo v2, there is a screenshot capture but no internal video capture. Meaning that I can get a 1080p image (good quality), but I can't get an internal 1080p video (same quality). What I do is capture the Region "Studio Neo V2" with OBS at full screen (I have a 24-inch screen). And that is why the quality is what I called 720p. It probably is lower, but until I get either a bigger screen or the HS Capture video mods are imported to Studio Neo 2, I am unable to get a better quality in video. I know there is also the possibility to do a Ren'Py maker scene with image only with like 0.2 delay, however, each time I capture a screenshot, there is sometimes a 2-3 sec of delay randomly, so it's pretty hard to have a fluid chain of image. But I consider doing that for the small loop (like the handjob is a 1sec loop).

And the moment I have one of the two, yes, I will re-do all the videos.

IIIIIIIIII

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
better...see..if a dev cares and listens i dont give up and try again :p
I think a lot of devs are of the same mindset. However, sometimes, you receive "Game crap, doesn't want to play" and it's a bit hard to figure out what is wrong :p
So thanks to everyone for giving feedback (not just on my game but if you do that in other threads, it is very good).

Reactions: ChristianGrey

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
well..you satisfied both sides without alienating those that want to see landlord and landlady at it..choice makes more people happy..now those that are alpha AF can enjoy the game..and those that are up for a little sharing and such still have that option...thus you increased your potential fanbase...i'd call that a win.

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
I will say this and people can just DM if you have a better way to do it (I may have missed something completely).

Right now, in Studio Neo v2, there is a screenshot capture but no internal video capture.
I'm using AI Shoujo 2 to make my game. HS2 and AIS2 uses the same Studio Neo program so many mods are cross compatible and those that aren't can easily be ported between the two. That being said, video capture is in AIS2 already, and I'm willing to bet it's also in HS2. If you press F1 in Studio, you should be able see what mods you have installed. Check if you have the video capture settings on. I think the shortcut to open it is shift+v or ctrl+v. The way it works is by taking screenshots every frame until it has the amount of frames you want, then combines them into a video or gif.

As for the game, I will try right now. I'm interested to see how you handle some of the issues I'm having with Studio.

IIIIIIIIII

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I'm using AI Shoujo 2 to make my game. HS2 and AIS2 uses the same Studio Neo program so many mods are cross compatible and those that aren't can easily be ported between the two. That being said, video capture is in AIS2 already, and I'm willing to bet it's also in HS2. If you press F1 in Studio, you should be able see what mods you have installed. Check if you have the video capture settings on. I think the shortcut to open it is shift+v or ctrl+v. The way it works is by taking screenshots every frame until it has the amount of frames you want, then combines them into a video or gif.

As for the game, I will try right now. I'm interested to see how you handle some of the issues I'm having with Studio.
Well, you better not look into my game for now then :)
More seriously, the command F1 only brings stats to the game, like FPS, RAM, ect ect. And I also don't think the capture is ready yet. So I had to resort to either capturing with OBS my screen (BAD QUALITY) or do the ren'py maker slideshow at 0.05 delay (better quality but very stiff animation).
Next is lightning and you can see I have a VERY HARD TIME. The first version is extremely flashy, then it is tuned down but all of a sudden for an entire week, without changing a single scene light or anything, you can see the images turning a lot darker (the lesson part with Ishiko). I have no idea why. Then a week later, when I load my save it is all gone. This is why until I get a proper video capture (probably by the time the game is v0.0.4/5), I will let those horrible starting images. And then do the old switchero and re-do them.

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
Next is lightning and you can see I have a VERY HARD TIME. The first version is extremely flashy, then it is tuned down but all of a sudden for an entire week, without changing a single scene light or anything, you can see the images turning a lot darker (the lesson part with Ishiko). I have no idea why.
I assuming it's the outdoors scene that you're talking about here. I think that's the best lighting you've done. The thing about lighting in HS2 is that there is a light that is always on by default that shines from the camera straight to every character you can see. You can see this in one of the pov shots of MC looking at Ishiko where his head casts a shadow on her face. I'd recommend turning of this light and manually placing lights in your scenes instead because there are no consistencies in lighting if you keep it on. If you use the default light, the more you move the camera around to show different angles, the more the shadows move around too, which makes it look weird. To turn this light off, you have to go to the options menu and find it there. You can't turn it off, but you can reduce the strength to 0.1 which effectively turns it off. If you insist on using it, you can actually rotate the light so it lights up characters from a different angle. If you decide to use your own lights, make sure to set the distance and angles on the lights to a high value so you can see where the light is aiming so you can position them. Afterwards you can reduce those values so it's not so bright.

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes