Ren'Py - Project ATMOSPHERE [v0.4 P3 Hotfix 1] [Dr MAD]

1. 2.00 star(s)

_Utakata_

I try to give every game a fair review BUT Try to play a game where the
    dialgue background is blue and the text is so light you have to squint your eyes to read it And it doesn't help with the game having a texbox that all the way on the right side of the screen
    I couldn't even read the choices because of this
    Had no bugs renders looked good
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Krocx

The renders are nicely done...most of the time.

The story......is bad, it is beyond inconsistent going all over the place with people personalities changing on a whim to fit the new scene as if the writer never looks over the previous storylines to see how to continue them. Plots are constantly dropped (like dating the cinema girl) only to be completely ignored when the writer reintroduces the character later on. There are times where events that never happened based on your choices are shown up as having happened (chose not to go bdsm femdom route and some girl I never met sold me some underwear for the landlady I was not even pursuing mentioning a club I had never been to).

The MC.....I think might be one of the worst written MC's I have seen in a game like this. He starts off a nice caring guy and within a few days is a womanizing perv superman. No slight shift just a complete 180 going from fairly skinny nerdy nice guy to musclebound perv that comes off as a sexual predator.

Sandbox.....only in the case that you can chose the order of event per day, it is a linear novel that just breaks up the order things happen.

I started off liking the game but when the story got inconsistent and honestly boring I had to force myself to continue playing in the hopes it got better....it did not.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

MixQQ

+ renders & animations
    + music
    + Susan and her femdom content

- story and characters are really really boring
    - relationship development almost no exist here
    - turning some girls into bi looks unnatural and idiotic, where is bi-curious step? screw it! one "choice" and you have full lesbian ready for everything!
    - unlikeable moron dull mc
    - sex scenes, some of them are ridiculously short, in longer ones characters talking definitely too much. Overall they are not so good
    - cockblocking
    - forced camgirl content

Very boring avn. Susan is the only interesting girl who shows some personality. Phoebe was great at the beginning, but now she take a steps to be another camgirl. 2 stars from me
  4. 4.00 star(s)

mafarus

When and if the game is brought to the final stage, to the state of the goods, and the high bar is not lowered, I will buy this game and give it the highest score.
    Right now the rating is "good" in advance.
    One of the best products in this segment. Promising and tasteful.
    Excellent graphics, there is some idea, there is coverage for various preferences, not all, unfortunately, but many. I'm looking forward to updates.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

SympoTaz

Im a big fan of the renders. Very well done

The models are very attractive but IMO the choice to creep on the women while they are sleeping completely takes me out of the game. Like its forced lewd scenes no matter how minor but it takes takes away from the character aswell as the story being pretty tedious and lacking.

Hope the MC being a creep (although choices) becomes a thing of the past in future updates.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

xsikal

Dropped it about 10 minutes in.

As others have said, the renders are pretty (albeit stiff), but the writing is nonsensical (AND poorly translated). And the way the dev handles text is awful. Even with text speed turned up to max, there are forced delays... that make sure... the dialogue... dribbles out in small delayed chunks. Worse, hitting enter/space skips those remaining chunks of text entirely and instead goes to the start of the next piece of dialogue instead. It is beyond obnoxious.

Delayed text and forced non-skippable transitions (in other games) are both huge pet peeves of mine as they impact the experience at the most fundamental level. The game has to be really compelling to make up for either flaw, and this one doesn't reach that bar.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Merlin-Magic

This game has the best renders of any game I have ever seen. The story is fantastic and the music is great. There are so many paths through the game that to see everything it is really necessary to play more than once. I now have around 35 saved games and I am sure I have missed something. You really do not want to do that. It is just too good.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

ObsessivelyAroused

Short summary:

Good renders make it worth to check out. Though they have some issues anyway. Writing, characters, story are all trash and not worthy of attention. Some hot and well posed scenes. Animations are mostly basic

Good Things

• Renders are generally pretty good
    • Many models are hot
    • Good work with lighting
    • A lot of content

Bad points

• Writing is terrible, it’s not just translation
    • Story fails at every step, doesn’t add anything
    • Character actions are completely unbelievable
    • MC is a moron creep
    • Expressions are often crazy
    • Some models have such weird proportions, they are terrible
    • Choices are not good
    • Open world is pointless here
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Lordie

A really good game. The story is exciting and I like it (maybe because I liked playing Cyberpunk 2077). The characters look excellent for my taste, especially the dominant Susan is interesting and desirable in her own way. I played version 0.4 P2, but half a year ago. This brings me to my only point of criticism: the updates have been a long time coming. Nevertheless, this game is a gem and one of my favorites, which is why I give it 5 stars. I'm eagerly awaiting the next updates. ;)
  10. 2.00 star(s)

yeetermcgee123

As others have pointed out, it is a bad translation - which makes it difficult to get into the story. The story plot is rushed, and the characters are generic & lack distinct personalities. Will leave a 2/5, even though the graphics are good its impossible for me to rate higher when the first thing that came to mind upon completing the game is "what a waste of time"

The biggest problem for me is it has some of the worst text speed I have seen in a VN, to the point where I considered deleting the game within the first few minutes of playing. Even at max speed it trickles out in parts which is disorienting when it happens every time you hit enter. I cannot tell if the developer intended for it to be so slow for dramatic effect (slow text delivery never adds dramatic effect) , or to just (unnecessarily) extend the play through time.
  11. 1.00 star(s)

p1n3@5573

Pros:
    - Renders are amazing
    - Girls are really cute

Cons:
    - English translation is horrible. People used to say for bad English that it is like "Google Translate", but Google Translate is actually good now days, this is so much worse than what google translate could produce. If you don't know Russian then this is not worth playing
    - Sex scenes feel rushed, some don't even have any animations, most will have couple of renders, few lines of dialog and that is it
    - Story feels rushed
  12. 4.00 star(s)

Schattenlust

This Adult Visual Novel packs a punch with fantastic characters stealing the spotlight. However, the lewd scenes felt lackluster, not living up to the hype. The story was okay, but it needed more flow, felt a bit too rigid. If you're in it for the characters, you're in for a treat, but don't expect mind-blowing lewds or a super-fluid narrative
  13. 5.00 star(s)

turlutine

review 0.4
    Very nice game, large and pretty panel of female characters, the story is good, the interface simple but effective, I still have to test the difference good/bad boy.
    On the other hand, the quests are a little too direct, lack the sandbox side, just go and see such NPC and end of the day.
    But I recommend and personally I look forward to the sequel.
    Good work !
  14. 2.00 star(s)

kaczka44

This is not a bad game per se, it's just so dull, forgettable and frankly a waste of your time. It's being dragged down by an awful english translation. Dialogues are from a straight to DVD movie. World, characters and plot feel generic. Character development is non-existent. Sex scenes by todays 3dcg standards range from underwhelming to decent. On a brighter note, renders are fine, and some of the models are hot, so I guess there's a quick fap potential there, but frankly why bother, when there are plenty of other games that do everything better.
  15. 2.00 star(s)

alex13_zen

Shortly after the prologue, you have an unavoidable femdom scene. This is very niche content so the decision to make it unskippable is insane. Also, the girl who dominates you is the least pretty in the entire game (in some renders she's actually ugly).

The game itself is a fake kind of sandbox where you must do everything the journal tells you to do. You can only decide the order which is useless.

The sex scenes are on the poor side by today's standards. What's worse, because there are so many girls, not enough time is given to developing them so you don't care that much about the sexy times. No character is memorable (not in the good sense at least).

And ofc, the Engrish takes you out of the story and character interactions - bc it's unanatural, it's hard to get immersed and invested in anything. It's not about spelling errors here, it's that the phrasing is bad. This would take longer to fix but I doubt the dev is interested since everyone has been complaining about this for a long time.

The MC is also strange in that he will sometimes spout cringe and over-the-top lines that makes you wonder if he's serious or not (he is).

I'm giving the game 2 stars iso 1 bc the renders are nice and sharp. But I personally regret wasting my time with it.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

BartPS

Review Version: 0.4

As usual, I'll preface this by saying that I try to judge any artwork on its merits, rather than through my personal biases.

Overall, ATMOSPHERE is one of the most ambitious VNs I've played, and mostly achieves its potential.

The story is compelling, the settings are varied and believable, and the main characters interesting and attractive. Also, from a technical standpoint, the renders are as good as I've seen.

However, four shortcomings combine to reduce the rating to 4 stars for me:

Firstly, although the females are generally very attractive, there is a tendency for the lips to be so full that they look like the result of poorly applied botox treatment. Also, when the characters exhibit strong emotions, their facial skin distorts unrealistically.

Secondly, while the English translation is relatively free of the common grammatical errors that so many F95ers complain about , the errors in ATMOSPHERE are more subtle. For example (and sorry for the jargon here), the text often uses Present Perfect, rather than Past Simple, to narrate events that are completely in the past. I actually find this a lot more confusing than obvious syntax or vocab errors.

Thirdly, the MC keeps contemplating his profound adoration and eternal love for each of the LIs, while fucking anything with a vagina! Of course, this is not unusual in erotic VNs, but the passion of his language is so extreme, I find it distracting and undermines the believability of his character. It would be better if either his language was more in keeping with a man-whore, or if we could choose a single LI earlier.

Finally, and related to #3, there is a bug if you choose to end the relationship with Susan early. During the conversation with Phoebe on Day 21, when Susan calls, you ignore the call, resulting in no tasks for the day, and a dead-end.

Despite these issues, ATMOSPHERE is a very good VN, and I highly recommend it to anyone that enjoys science fiction.
  17. 3.00 star(s)

Kif4r

I went through the game until chapter 3, the game is not bad but not good either, and that's why there are too many choices, especially those that have a great influence in the further plot, there is also no time change at all, it feels like nothing is happening, there are at least some interactions with the environment, the world seems to be flat Often only these moments discourage the desire to play further from the pluses, a good picture and a more or less interesting plot, and for sure the gallery is still strongly connected with the plot and the lack of hints for opening scenes is not very personal for me. I could write a lot more, but I'll leave it at that for now.
  18. 2.00 star(s)

erisedxes

Rendering(3.5/5): Nice but just nice using today's standard, lack of unique asset and models comparing to others excellent games.

Gameplay(2/5): mediocre so called "sandbox" games, nothing good but not that grindy, but the interface is smooth.

Story (1.5/5): I am not a native English speaker either, so cannot judge the translation issue that mentioned by others. The sci-fi concept just fail to deliver and storyline is not good. Also, none of the female characters is memorable (lack of personally).

Conclusion: can rate 3/5 for a normal sandbox game, but as it claimed as sci-fi / cyberpunk game but most of the content is at modern daily style and fail to deliver the concept in story, 2/5 would be fair.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

cumsumnida

The concept for the game is interesting. It's a cyberpunk story but most of the game takes place in a sandbox vanilla in modern times.

However, the english is quite poor and so the concept is delivered poorly.

The game renders look fantastic and are really clean. The cyberpunk designs and models looked interesting, but once the story transitions to the modern vanilla sandbox setting, the character models become quite basic and uninspired.

It's like there was little to no customization after the assets were purchased from the Daz3D store. They seem like the stock standard with very little variation, so the characters all look very similar and basic. The sex animations are ok.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

scorpi10n

Story is good. It feels that it has some depths which is kind of important for me in games. Animations are good that exist through the gameplay or when u select the dialouge etc. The choicing system is not good though, if you wanna get intamate with most girls, the options that you HAVE TO select gives you a BAD GUY point. Other than that, the game might be in my top 10 list in this category of games.