Unity Abandoned Project:'Cat/Suit' [Dec Build] [BZ Art]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Umbra_Corvus

Jun 13, 2018
Honestly I feel bad for the creator with this game. They clearly want to make something really good. But just keep running into issue after issue. Both from the actual development side and the scope/planning side.

Then you take those issues and add in that he is losing money bit by bit on patreon. It means he has less time to develop and work on the game. Which means it takes longer which then means more people cancel their patreon subscription.

The game is very very buggy as it is now. And it seems the creator has realised that and also that with the current state of the game it is likely more work to fix it than to start over. Which seems to be the idea with "V3- Cat/Suit". Hopefully this time it works better cause the game has a ton of potential.

As a side note I figured out many of the issues through trial and error. It seems the glitch of getting stuck running and not being able to move is the result of something that use to be there. In the original RPG Maker version we can see that in the opening level there was a cutscene that showed the main character looking at themself in the mirror finding out what they look like.

It seems that at some point that cutscene was in the Unity version as well. But then cut. And while mostly removed it seems that the trigger still can play under certain circumstances. Which results in your character running endlessly in 1 direction since whatever it was meant to pathfind towards is now gone. But it is still being told to do that.

I hope the creator is able to make this and it is good. I really do. And I hope that the negativity doesn't cause him to quit. Either way I still think as said this game has a ton of potential it is just if it can reach said potential.

Arkus86

Jun 3, 2018
Heres an update
So more than three years into the development, he decides to scrap his entire progress for the second time that I'm aware of (first being a move to Unity in 2020) in favour of an even more complex project, with full 3d models and animations.

If I was doubting before, now I am certain this game will never see completion. But hey, as long as his patreons are happy.

Umbra_Corvus

Jun 13, 2018
I think the reason why he scrapped the Unity version is that it was just SO buggy and broken in so many different ways. That it would have been both way harder and more work to try and fix it than it would be to start over. Not to mention the unity version wasn't even that far in the story IIRC.

As for going for full 3d models and animations while they are harder to make initally, the upside is that once made you can do whatever with it. You don't need to make another for new animations etc. So if he has the skills to make a 3d model then it might be faster. Especially if multiple characters share a similar base look.

One other upside is we won't have the weird massive heads anymore on the models. And if it stays first person well we will actually know where we can go instead of getting stuck on invisible walls... Hopefully.

Last edited:
Reactions: notwavman

tiedandhozed

Dec 1, 2019
I know we haven't heard anything about catsuit in a while but the creator, BrokenZen, is in a rough spot right now so I figured I would share the word here just in case anyone would be able/willing to help out:

Reactions: tarvaz
3.00 star(s) 2 Votes