Others Project Dollscapes [v0.2.2] [dollscapes]

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes

dollscapes

Nov 21, 2023
Yes, I too can confirm that direct download works without problems. Sorry for the delay but wanted to also check if the VR mode works, and it does.

While a native build would be nice, as long as you use Unity or Unreal engines, they are fairly well supported in wine, so a native build isn't strictly necessary.

Speaking of things that I would recommend:
1. ability to disable rumble in the controllers (it doesn't feel realistic when sticking dildos in, and it gets stuck in the "on" sometimes, not having it would be better).
2. Not sure how you get the OP updated, but having it indicate actually newest available version would bump the thread in listings
thank you for the review. regarding the fact that the characters do nothing during interactions - you are right, this is a technical demo. and as you can see in the roadmap, this is the next most important task.
I’ll also correct the vibrations, yes

Reactions: LIFEFORCER

ttm2

Jun 14, 2020
thank you for the review. regarding the fact that the characters do nothing during interactions - you are right, this is a technical demo. and as you can see in the roadmap, this is the next most important task.
I understand, and the plans you have talked about here all look good, but I'm rating what's available, not promises, sorry.
What I can promise, is that if I get to play newer version with that content, I'll definitely revisit my rating.

Reactions: dollscapes

dollscapes

Nov 21, 2023
The new version is almost ready.
There are still minor final tweaks and tests left.
If everything goes well, the release will be in 24 hours.

dollscapes

Nov 21, 2023
014.jpg
v0.1.4 Changelog:
1. Dynamic animated poses.
2. Emotions and facial/eye animations.
3. Orgasms and squirting.
4. Dynamic character attributes.
5. Initial interactions with clothing.
6. Character animations at the reception.
7. Improved toys and inventory.
8. Fixed controller vibrations and smart toys.
9. More reactions to player actions.

Last edited:

dollscapes

Nov 21, 2023
I understand, and the plans you have talked about here all look good, but I'm rating what's available, not promises, sorry.
What I can promise, is that if I get to play newer version with that content, I'll definitely revisit my rating.
You can try now)

ppren

Aug 15, 2021
It is very difficult to make a good VR game with good controls. Apart from VAM, operation lovecraft (Fallen Doll) was good one, but turned to pile of junk after dev took it to steam. Still bit gutted that I supported the guy.

This game has some potential on visuals, but other ways falls to the same category with most average xrated VR games. Haven't even tested the latest version because won't expect any dramatic changes to the original concept. Will check again when it is finished and see how it turned out.

Good luck :)

forgotp

Nov 4, 2019
Downloading plain .exe then installing a launcher under %appdata% to then download the full game and install it under the launcher folder? wtf kinda process is this? sketchy as hell.

Can't you have normal extract and play?

Jan 19, 2019
Dev does have a launcherless version here, on page 4, it's the "Direct Link" hyperlink on their comment towards the end of the page. (That should probably go on the main post, no?)

Reactions: forgotp

dollscapes

Nov 21, 2023
Downloading plain .exe then installing a launcher under %appdata% to then download the full game and install it under the launcher folder? wtf kinda process is this? sketchy as hell.

Can't you have normal extract and play?
You described the classic process of any launcher.

when everything works automatically, auto-updates and game size ~180 MB - then no, this kind of sucks.

when crooked games force you to download gigabytes every micro-update and unzip and clean everything manually - oh yes, this is excellent and familiar.

logic 100/100 :) But if you want this way:

Last edited:
Reactions: zxal22

dollscapes

Nov 21, 2023
Doesn't start since last update.
Launcher or game won't start? I assume that the build might have downloaded incorrectly somehow. Yesterday the hosting was not working well, some work was being done there. You can try redownloading the update. I'll add a separate button to the launcher for this, but for now you can manually delete the folder: %appdata%\DS Launcher\Game\dollscapes
And then download again. Sorry about that, I'll add functions to check the integrity of the downloaded build.

And one more question for everyone about the quality of server distribution speed.
The game build is very highly optimized and weighs only 180MB, but sometimes it downloads slowly for me. How are download speeds in other countries? How long does it take for you to download a game in the launcher?
If it takes more than a minute to download 180 MB, then I will connect a good CDN to distribute updates.

Last edited:

drakefyre27

Sep 19, 2018
It took me at most 10 mins to install it. It took me longer to check the safety (of directly downloading a .exe file) than installing it. Very short.

I don't know how feasible it would be in your build, but maybe renaming the .exe file as "Dollscapes Launcher" would dispel the worries? Just a thought.

dollscapes

Nov 21, 2023
It is very difficult to make a good VR game with good controls. Apart from VAM, operation lovecraft (Fallen Doll) was good one, but turned to pile of junk after dev took it to steam. Still bit gutted that I supported the guy.

This game has some potential on visuals, but other ways falls to the same category with most average xrated VR games. Haven't even tested the latest version because won't expect any dramatic changes to the original concept. Will check again when it is finished and see how it turned out.

Good luck :)
It’s a pity that other games have ruined your relationship with mine.
Especially when we are talking about projects that earn more than $80,000 per month and are still mediocre.
To be honest, I didn't even play them. I have my own way with this project and I hope that you will like it sooner or later.
I can’t even talk about such income yet, but I’m trying very hard to make everything more interesting and of better quality with each update. Good luck to you too :)

dollscapes

Nov 21, 2023
It took me at most 10 mins to install it. It took me longer to check the safety (of directly downloading a .exe file) than installing it. Very short.

I don't know how feasible it would be in your build, but maybe renaming the .exe file as "Dollscapes Launcher" would dispel the worries? Just a thought.
Thanks for the info (y)
Of course, 10 minutes for 180MB is no good. I urgently need to connect a normal CDN to distribute the file :coffee:...

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes