ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Did Zorlun ask you to make a patch for him? If so, I take back everything I've said. Otherwise I stand by my words on this subject.
Zorlun did not ask me to do it - but the incest was in from the start, and Zorlun did not "move on", he just accepted that he could not fight against Patreon.

There were lots of people complaining about the changes forced by Patreon, saying someone should bring back bestiality and incest, telling Zorlun he should do it, even some suggesting how he should do it, but nobody doing it, and some people explicitly dropping the game, not even for the incest itself, but as a kind of "principle" because they disliked the fact the game was changed to follow Patreon's impositions.
Since I had already done something on my computer to keep the incest in, I just starting repackaging my thing, and distributed it, and I have been doing it for a few months.

Zorlun was informed I was going to do it, but he did not ask me to do it, nor pushed anybody to use the incest patch. I am not making money with his work; I do something he is not allowed to do anymore but had originally foreseen; and in this way, a bit more people get interested in the game and eventually sponsor him, which in turns means he gets the funding to continue developing the game.

Nonetheless, I am not trying to stop you from providing your patch, or anyone else from using it. I doubt that I have any chance of changing your mind. Just stating my own personal opinion.
I normally try to avoid being wilfully rude to people, both in real life and in fora like F95, but in this case, I have to said very brutally, that I would not give a damn even if you tried to stop me from providing the patch :) .

That phrase is said like if you were arrogating yourself a right you do not have.
The only person on F95 who could eventually ask me to stop making the incest patch, or better, ask me to stop distributing it, would be Zorlun himself, just because I respect the fact he is the author of the game.
I am not doing it for, or with, him.
I am a subscriber, but I use the public version as base, the incest patch comes always after the public version - I do not have access to the game before any other subscriber.

Though is quite funny in a way :). There was first the polemic about the incest disappearing, and at times even against Zorlun for that, something that had a resurgence at a moment.
Now, the polemic seems to be about people deciding incest should not be there, without knowing how the game was, and was foreseen, before Patreon's intervention.

Zorlun

Creating Naughtiness!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020
By the way since the developer doesn't support incest on his game shouldn't the tag the taken out? After all he is not the one providing the incest mod.
There is incest in the game (light but still) with the scene between Myriam and Eve at the spa, so the tag will stay.
And yet, here it is on F95 with YOUR incest patch. As with any game, the developer's defense is that they cannot prevent other people from modifying their game. The code is out there for anyone to tinker with. You got it and changed it. Hell, I've been known to change certain facets of the scripts as I play along - mainly to try to combine routes into one. So, in that aspect I am guilty of going against the developer's desires too. I'll accept the 'hypocrite' tag on that.

Did Zorlun ask you to make a patch for him? If so, I take back everything I've said. Otherwise I stand by my words on this subject.

I should add that the Patreon administrators do NOT read code. Never have and (at least I hope) never will. There are scores of incest games out there with simple switches and parallel lines of code for incest and non-incest routes. These games seem to get by the Patreon laws just fine.

Nonetheless, I am not trying to stop you from providing your patch, or anyone else from using it. I doubt that I have any chance of changing your mind. Just stating my own personal opinion.
Didn't ask, but didn't stop him to make his patch and sharing it with those who wished to use it.
I see it as any other mod made on the game.
If I am correct though, Zorlun figured out a way to get bestiality back into the game, but didn't bother with incest for Marc.
The bestiality content wasn't hard to cut and put away, it was just some scenes with no influence on the rest of the story, but correcting all the problem there was with Marc was a lot more difficult, his relation was important with Myriam and he couldn't just be cut and transferred into a patch.
I proposed a few things as a solution to the Patreon T&S team, but they were pretty anal with it, as long as there was a family link between them (blood or not), it was a no go. So as much as I hate censorship, I had to rewrite my game setting if I didn't want to see my page brought down and the game dead.
Since when? Since when is Myriam Marc's mother? Come on, man. That is NOT what is in any code that is provided by the developer on ANY platform. It may be the way the developer wanted it at the beginning and it IS the way the incest patch portrays it, but it's NOT in the game if you play any version of it without patching it. In fact Anthony is always referred to as Myriam's boyfriend or ex-boyfriend, as opposed to Katherine's deceased father who is always referred to as Myriam's ex-husband. And Marc is Anthony's son in any version patched (I believe, haven't played it) or un-patched.
You must have come late on the game, at the beginning, Myriam was Marc's mother and Anthony was her husband, but as explained in the post, I had to rewrite my setting.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
It does seem to me odd though, that the developer decided to create a patch for the bestiality scenes, but not for the incest. Perhaps you can shed some light on that one for me.
On this, I can only comment that the bestiality patch is released by the user/nickname Prometheus, not by the user/nickname Zorlun.

Reactions: DirtyMario

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
You must have come late on the game, at the beginning, Myriam was Marc's mother and Anthony was her husband, but as explained in the post, I had to rewrite my setting.
As I said in a response to an earlier post, my question was about the current state of the game. Obviously, you know a helluva lot more than I about this game.

Thank you for your detailed and considerate response, especially since you did not have to respond at all.

So, that having been said... when is the next release? Just kidding.

Reactions: Zorlun

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I normally try to avoid being wilfully rude to people, both in real life and in fora like F95, but in this case, I have to said very brutally, that I would not give a damn even if you tried to stop me from providing the patch :) .

That phrase is said like if you were arrogating yourself a right you do not have.
The only person on F95 who could eventually ask me to stop making the incest patch, or better, ask me to stop distributing it, would be Zorlun himself, just because I respect the fact he is the author of the game.
I am not doing it for, or with, him.
I am a subscriber, but I use the public version as base, the incest patch comes always after the public version - I do not have access to the game before any other subscriber.
I'm sorry you took it that way. That's certainly not the way I meant it. I genuinely try to refrain from telling people what they should do or not do, and that is what I was attempting to convey. Obviously, I failed to do so. Sorry.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
The really fucked up thing is they don't just ban you for stuff that would be illegal (in some places) if it were a film of real people, like beastie, incest, or CP, I can sortof understand that because the argument that drawn CP is equivalent to real CP and thus criminally prosecutable has held up in court before.
That depends from the jurisdiction, even in USA it is not uniform, but yes, someone already tried to use the argument of where Patreon is registered, or where Mastercard, Visa and AMEX are registered (all American companies, at the base).
But the "credit card company" argument may be only an excuse, many sites that sell erotic contents and/or services, or even just newsstands where they may sell also erotic reviews or even just reviews where there may be naked women, take credit card, and it is only AMEX that practically centralises all the card issuing in USA (at least, till some years ago).

But also shit like hypnosis or transformation. That's just "fuck you, we're adding kinks to the ban list one by one until all NSFW content is disallowed."
Yep, that sound more like it, IMHO it's more a "moral crusade" attitude, than a real legal consideration.
But it is also some hypocrisy, credit card companies are not going to kill a market with billions USD in transaction every year, and even Patreon, is doubtful that will really end up banning all the content that is NSFW (I don't mean kinky, really NSFW, e.g. even a picture of a woman without bra), since that could eliminate many from their web site.
Moralists tend to be moralist for others :)

tom1978tom

Oct 6, 2020
people help when starting the game writes this.What should I do?I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 205, in script call
call _gl_test
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 387, in script
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 387, in <module>
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 317, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 342, in _gl_performance_test
ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
AttributeError: 'SWDraw' object has no attribute 'scale_fast'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 617, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
$ __gl_test()
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3006, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3516, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2380, in draw_screen
renpy.display.draw.draw_screen(surftree)
File "renpy/display/swdraw.py", line 869, in draw_screen
if self.scale_fast:

Windows-10-10.0.18362
Ren'Py 7.4.1.1270
Project Myriam Life and Explorations ch3.07a
Tue Aug 9 00:31:05 2022

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
I'm sorry you took it that way. That's certainly not the way I meant it. I genuinely try to refrain from telling people what they should do or not do, and that is what I was attempting to convey. Obviously, I failed to do so. Sorry.
No problems :)

Honestly, even if the game had not had incest, I may have played it anyway at the start, I did not play it specifically for the incest element.

But since it had it, and like other things, was well interwoven in the story and the background Zorlun had tried to create for the characters and story development, when Patreon forced to take it out, it seemed to me like they were trying to do rip apart the story, so I decided to keep it in for myself.
Then, as I mentioned, it seemed there was request, that Zorlun could not fulfil, so, I just throw my two cents in and made it available.

There were actually other elements that Zorlun had mentioned about possible development for the story and characters before Patreon's intervention, but for those, I cannot do anything to bypass Patreon, nor can Zorlun.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
people help when starting the game writes this.What should I do?I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Windows-10-10.0.18362
Ren'Py 7.4.1.1270
Uh, you should say also at least what mods/patches you have installed, if any, or if you have none.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
That depends from the jurisdiction, even in USA it is not uniform, but yes, someone already tried to use the argument of where Patreon is registered, or where Mastercard, Visa and AMEX are registered (all American companies, at the base).
But the "credit card company" argument may be only an excuse, many sites that sell erotic contents and/or services, or even just newsstands where they may sell also erotic reviews or even just reviews where there may be naked women, take credit card, and it is only AMEX that practically centralises all the card issuing in USA (at least, till some years ago).
I used to pay my Patreon charges through Paypal, then pay off Paypal with Discover Card. Until one day Patreon said they hadn't received my payment and stopped my access. It was through lengthy discussions between myself, Paypal, Patreon and Discover that I finally found out (through a kindly person at Discover Card) that Paypal had stopped payment because of the content of my subscriptions. I cancelled my Paypal account immediately and have since paid Patreon directly through Discover Card without a hitch. That's probably been 4 years now - at least 3.

Viressa

May 24, 2018

While running game code:
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
$ __gl_test()
_gl_performance_test()

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 617, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
$ __gl_test()
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3006, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3516, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2380, in draw_screen
renpy.display.draw.draw_screen(surftree)
File "renpy/display/swdraw.py", line 869, in draw_screen
if self.scale_fast:

Windows-10-10.0.18362
Ren'Py 7.4.1.1270
This kind of error occurs when you try to run the game on a computer without a modern renderer, which shouldn't be able to use Windows 10 at all. Some steps:

1. The files may have gotten corrupted somehow. Try redownloading and re-extracting the game. Make sure you delete the old game files first, as merging files into a broken install can lead to problems.

2. Does this happen with every Renpy game, or just this one? (There are plenty of others on this site to check.)

3. If it's just this one, try taking the /game folder out of this game and replacing the /game folder of a working game. Does it still give the same error?

Reactions: Zorlun

2k4you

Sep 9, 2020
So far really great game. Played for like 2h but what really annoys me are those textboxes with "double" text. Where you get the first sentence and then have to press something to get the second one. This is so annoying to read. Why not fill a new textbox with the new sentence. I find myself reading the first sentence again and again and again.

tom1978tom

Oct 6, 2020
This kind of error occurs when you try to run the game on a computer without a modern renderer, which shouldn't be able to use Windows 10 at all. Some steps:

1. The files may have gotten corrupted somehow. Try redownloading and re-extracting the game. Make sure you delete the old game files first, as merging files into a broken install can lead to problems.

2. Does this happen with every Renpy game, or just this one? (There are plenty of others on this site to check.)

3. If it's just this one, try taking the /game folder out of this game and replacing the /game folder of a working game. Does it still give the same error?
I just downloaded it and I'm trying to run it, but here it is.everything used to work fine on previous versions.the rest of the games work

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
I just downloaded it and I'm trying to run it, but here it is.everything used to work fine on previous versions.the rest of the games work
See if you can change the Render settings. Press Shift and start the game. Select the 'Angle...' driver at the upper left, then 'Quit'. Then restart normally and see if it works. That works most of the time. :>)

Reactions: Night Hacker

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
We need cheat menu mode for MC states and relationship. Deman it too boring to increase state and can't be able do some action we must like. Someone make a cheat mode menu

• Angry
Reactions: arkypoub

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: CH3 07a+p(patch) + WT by JokerLeader
Size 853 MB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

(if it gives you a .zip, just rename it as .apk)

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Updated my android port.

Reactions: Volts666

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
So far really great game. Played for like 2h but what really annoys me are those textboxes with "double" text. Where you get the first sentence and then have to press something to get the second one. This is so annoying to read. Why not fill a new textbox with the new sentence. I find myself reading the first sentence again and again and again.
Do you have text speed slider full, so all the text should just automatically show up that’s what I do

Reactions: mulerider
4.40 star(s) 191 Votes