Unreal Engine Abandoned Project Unknown: Section 7 [Test Version Update] [MATEYDEV]

4.70 star(s) 16 Votes
May 25, 2017
You want to be done, give me a link that says Section 7 and PER are a different game.

All you've done is demonstrate that PER/Section 7 and PE are two different games. Which I already acknowledged.
I'm not proving a negative to you, dude. Let me flip it then. YOU have done nothing to prove that PER and Section 7 are the same game except for ONE Patreon post that does nothing to help your case.

They have different genres/play styles, animations, and a few different assets including the main character you play as. If you look at the two different genres and call them the same game there's something actually wrong with you. The dev has never once stated that he's replacing Section 7 with PER and I straight challenge you to find ONE post where that is specifically stated.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
You want to be done, give me a link that says Section 7 and PER are a different game.

All you've done is demonstrate that PER/Section 7 and PE are two different games. Which I already acknowledged.
1651771191330.jpeg

Will this satisfy you?

So, to clarify all your points, PE was not a 2D port of PU, but here it is confirmed by the Dev itself right now, that PU and PER are 2 separate games in the same fictional universe.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
View attachment 1794677

Will this satisfy you?

So, to clarify all your points, PE was not a 2D port of PU, but here it is confirmed by the Dev itself right now, that PU and PER are 2 separate games in the same fictional universe.
LOL, I was gonna ask Matey myself on the Discord for that exact same reason, but thanks for doing that. IIRC, he's also no longer on F95Zone too due to bashing on his game so I don't think he'd see that.

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

Innocent Chloe

Jul 23, 2017
I'm not proving a negative to you, dude. Let me flip it then. YOU have done nothing to prove that PER and Section 7 are the same game except for ONE Patreon post that does nothing to help your case.

They have different genres/play styles, animations, and a few different assets including the main character you play as. If you look at the two different genres and call them the same game there's something actually wrong with you. The dev has never once stated that he's replacing Section 7 with PER and I straight challenge you to find ONE post where that is specifically stated.
I did give a link from his Patreon that said PER he didn't decide what genre it was yet. Thereby implying it is the same game as Section 7 and also I was going off on the fact the content, assets and everything else was the same.

So obviously I can only base my views on it based on the information available to me in terms of comparing PER and Section 7 to each other and his Patreon posts that I've seen. Which is why I literally asked you to provide some form of official confirmation beyond your own personal opinion to actually add something to the discussion rather than hearsay.

View attachment 1794677

Will this satisfy you?

Yes, thank you! See ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat that wasn't so hard was it, jesus christ.....

Thanks Alket clearly I was wrong on this and a new thread is needed. My bad!

May 25, 2017
I did give a link from his Patreon that said PER he didn't decide what genre it was yet. Thereby implying it is the same game as Section 7 and also I was going off on the fact the content, assets and everything else was the same.

So obviously I can only base my views on it based on the information available to me in terms of comparing PER and Section 7 to each other and his Patreon posts that I've seen. Which is why I literally asked you to provide some form of official confirmation beyond your own personal opinion to actually add something to the discussion rather than hearsay.
He literally said he wanted PER to be like Monster Hunter in one of the Patreon posts I linked. Your argument is invalid because Section 7 is nothing like that. I linked posts where he says they're not the same game and you didn't accept them because of a bullshit reason. You made up the fact that "oh because PE and PER is from 2D to 3D, that MUST mean PER is Section 7" and then tried to incite people to prove your bullshit wrong, despite you providing no proof on your end other than a unrelated statement that you interpreted the weirdest way possible and ran a mile with.

You connected dots that weren't there, treated it as gospel, provided no hard evidence of the fact, deny actual provided evidence and conclusions based on the actual evidence, yet I'm the one posting hearsay?

Yes, thank you! See ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat that wasn't so hard was it, jesus christ.....

Thanks Alket clearly I was wrong on this and a new thread is needed. My bad!
I can't help that you're actually retarded.

Last edited:
Reactions: anon241

Innocent Chloe

Jul 23, 2017
He literally said he wanted PER to be like Monster Hunter in one of the Patreon posts I linked. Your argument is invalid because Section 7 is nothing like that. I linked posts where he says they're not the same game and you didn't accept them because of a bullshit reason. You made up the fact that "oh because PE and PER is from 2D to 3D, that MUST mean PER is Section 7" and then tried to incite people to prove your bullshit wrong, despite you providing no proof on your end other than a unrelated statement that you interpreted the weirdest way possible and ran a mile with.

You connected dots that weren't there, treated it as gospel, provided no hard evidence of the fact, deny actual provided evidence and conclusions based on the actual evidence, yet I'm the one posting hearsay?

I can't help that you're actually retarded.
Look I was wrong and admitted it. I'm not going to discuss this further.

All I will say is that maybe if you chilled out a bit you'd see where in the discussion you have gone wrong and are still going wrong. The amount of aggression and toxicity you are showing when discussing a simple topic is utterly unnecessary.

I even posted a reply saying I was wrong and STILL you continue to be toxic. Amazing.

Reactions: Mr.Shark

swaghaver9000

Jun 19, 2021
Patreon post

Hi how are you guys doing!
This is the first build I've released on patreon.
What you can expect in this ver? nothing much but bugs and issues are one of them btw.
This is just a test build for proof of concept demo that's coming in a few months, you can expect a lot of contents in that build for sure.

-The in game music is just a test and will never be used in the complete game. (Dying Light Music)
-There are 2 scenes only.
-Hold Key 3 to increase game speed

I think this Section 7 game is dead? Not sure, dev seems to be all over the place. Last patreon post about that was more than a year ago. Anyways, this is a different game.

It's nice how the game feels but it'll take at least 3 years for it to be somewhere.

May 25, 2017
I think this Section 7 game is dead?
MateyDev declared it on-hold to start PE which got remade into PER when his hdd failed.

Take that as you will.

EDIT: Since it got leaked anyway, went ahead and tried out the prototype and holy shit is it smooth. Like the camera movement may not be 100% natural, as you have to aim to properly look up and down, but terrain movement and combat is really high quality. No wonder it took so long. Plus all of the models shown in here are really high quality AND new. If they're still handcrafted by MateyDev, this whole game will be a work of art.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2020
So that 2d game is dead? good riddance...this seems much better and enjoyable.
If he is a single dev then section 7 is dead anyway, no way he can finish 2 games.
He wants to pick it up after this, I believe he said Section 7 is the ultimate end-goal, this game is just to get his name out there and to get supporters for the main one. It won't take 3 years to get this done (he's scarily fast at a lot of things), and I know he said he's not planning for this to take a super amount of time, it's not intended to be a huge game

So it entirely depends on how much he gets done (as I said he works very fast), how much people support the project (by becoming a patreon and not leaking WIP dev builds) and if some random life event like a war or serious injury doesn't stop him from starting it up again.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: swaghaver9000

swaghaver9000

Jun 19, 2021
He wants to pick it up after this, I believe he said Section 7 is the ultimate end-goal, this game is just to get his name out there and to get supporters for the main one. It won't take 3 years to get this done (he's scarily fast at a lot of things), and I know he said he's not planning for this to take a super amount of time, it's not intended to be a huge game

So it entirely depends on how much he gets done (as I said he works very fast), how much people support the project (by becoming a patreon and not leaking WIP dev builds) and if some random life event like a war or serious injury doesn't stop him from starting it up again.
You're talking out of your ass. If section 7 is his main goal then he should continue that. Now he is doing a mgs5 game.
He hops from idea to idea, that's what im getting of him.

Also he could just combine the ideas anyway. it's not like the section 7 test version is much different from this new test version.

It also will take more than 3 years to complete, that was just a nicely meant speculation.

+ I will leak any version i will get my hands on

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
You're talking out of your ass. If section 7 is his main goal then he should continue that. Now he is doing a mgs5 game.
He hops from idea to idea, that's what im getting of him.

Also he could just combine the ideas anyway. it's not like the section 7 test version is much different from this new test version.

It also will take more than 3 years to complete, that was just a nicely meant speculation.

+ I will leak any version i will get my hands on
That is not very polite...
Also you complain about dev time and changes of project, but then you leak out builds not intended for public use and brag about leaking in the future...hurting his development, I would ask you to please refrain to do that and, also, since it seems that you are eager about this project, why don't you join the Discord, to gain a more in dept view of what the development of the project is like.

swaghaver9000

Jun 19, 2021
That is not very polite...
Also you complain about dev time and changes of project, but then you leak out builds not intended for public use and brag about leaking in the future...hurting his development, I would ask you to please refrain to do that and, also, since it seems that you are eager about this project, why don't you join the Discord, to gain a more in dept view of what the development of the project is like.
He has plenty of patrons already and i dont see how posting test builds would hurt his patreon count. I'd argue it'll shine more light on his project. Also... pirate site.
And i did try to ask him about some stuff but he did not bother to reply.
The way he created section 7 was very impressive so i def look forward to its release, if it'll ever come out.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
He has plenty of patrons already and i dont see how posting test builds would hurt his patreon count. I'd argue it'll shine more light on his project. Also... pirate site.
And i did try to ask him about some stuff but he did not bother to reply.
The way he created section 7 was very impressive so i def look forward to its release, if it'll ever come out.
I don't think that how many patrons are enough is for you to decide (and the answer is never enough, since more budget is better), and about the pirate site I'm well aware, reason why I just asked it as a kindness on your part.
The reason why he didn't want the prototype leaked is because it's lacking on many aspects and people here are known to criticize and review bomb a release because of the obvious and known bugs that a build of this scope has; many expect a finished and playable product even in early alpha...for the increased visibility that's arguable and a valid point, but again totally subjective since there are no way to track it...

Also, did you ask via Patreon or on Discord, he's super active on Discord, less so on Patreon, that's why he's pushing people to join his server (also he's not very good with English).

I can assure you that he will resume S7's development once he can actually back the project with a decent budget, that's why he's working on PER right now, since the scope is much smaller (obviously I don't have the crystal ball and cannot predict the future, but that's the plan).

swaghaver9000

Jun 19, 2021
I don't think that how many patrons are enough is for you to decide (and the answer is never enough, since more budget is better), and about the pirate site I'm well aware, reason why I just asked it as a kindness on your part.
The reason why he didn't want the prototype leaked is because it's lacking on many aspects and people here are known to criticize and review bomb a release because of the obvious and known bugs that a build of this scope has; many expect a finished and playable product even in early alpha...for the increased visibility that's arguable and a valid point, but again totally subjective since there are no way to track it...

Also, did you ask via Patreon or on Discord, he's super active on Discord, less so on Patreon, that's why he's pushing people to join his server (also he's not very good with English).

I can assure you that he will resume S7's development once he can actually back the project with a decent budget, that's why he's working on PER right now, since the scope is much smaller (obviously I don't have the crystal ball and cannot predict the future, but that's the plan).
Well it is labeled as Prototype and it shows when you open it, there is nothing to criticise, it's well done.

I messaged him both on Patreon and Discord, he replied to neither of my messages, it was just a small question about Section 7 and if it was being developed or not.

PER is the mgs one, right? I mean right now he is developing jumping and whatnot for it.
Section 7 should in theory be easier to develop, since he wanted to make a dead space clone with FAT ASS. So it will be a grounded game with no jumping, no open world etc. Just shooting, walking through corridors (space ship), killing monsters, sex scenes, ITEM managment.

Yeah more budget is better but his minimum patron tier is 2$ and he has more than 600 patron which would result in already having a minimum budget of 1200$ but obviously not everyone subscribes to the lowest tier so he has definitely more than that.
He could just show what he earns but he disabled that feature, hm.

Reactions: anon241

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Well it is labeled as Prototype and it shows when you open it, there is nothing to criticise, it's well done.

I messaged him both on Patreon and Discord, he replied to neither of my messages, it was just a small question about Section 7 and if it was being developed or not.

PER is the mgs one, right? I mean right now he is developing jumping and whatnot for it.
Section 7 should in theory be easier to develop, since he wanted to make a dead space clone with FAT ASS. So it will be a grounded game with no jumping, no open world etc. Just shooting, walking through corridors (space ship), killing monsters, sex scenes, ITEM managment.

Yeah more budget is better but his minimum patron tier is 2$ and he has more than 600 patron which would result in already having a minimum budget of 1200$ but obviously not everyone subscribes to the lowest tier so he has definitely more than that.
He could just show what he earns but he disabled that feature, hm.
The fact that he has not answered you on Discord is pretty strange, maybe your post got drowned by others? also if he's working he may not answer, but you can always ask the other admins...(also I don't know if he has DMs active from his server, to avoid spam you know, but you can ping him on the channels nonetheless)

Disabling the amount of money it's actually a thing that I would do right away...I would even hide the number of supporters if it was possible honestly...I understand that many expect open development in all aspects, but sharing how much you earn is a risk on it's own right and generally not a good idea (expecially if you are working solo).

4.70 star(s) 16 Votes