Unreal Engine Projekt Melody: A Nut Between Worlds! [v0.5.5.1 Alpha] [Big Bang Studio]

2.50 star(s) 17 Votes

.Sirene

Jul 24, 2022
That's unnecessary, you just need to configure the game to use your dedicated GPU via NVIDIA Control Panel.
My post was in reference specifically to users who have the issue that despite setting it in Nvidia Control Panel the issue persists. In some instances, Nvidia control ignored is ignored - in my case on the laptop, it was also ignored. Hence why I shared an alternative method.

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
My post was in reference specifically to users who have the issue that despite setting it in Nvidia Control Panel the issue persists. In some instances, Nvidia control ignored is ignored - in my case on the laptop, it was also ignored. Hence why I shared an alternative method.
Ah, I see, people usually make the mistake of adding the launcher and not the game executable with UE games.

You can go to the game directory, then into the sub-directory with the game's name, Binaries > Win64, and you'll see something like GameName-Win64-Shipping.exe. That is the actual game executable you need to add and configure.

Otherwise, Windows is probably handling the GPU preference.

You can go to Display Settings > Graphics Settings, then select Desktop app and browse to the game executable (not launcher), add it then click on that game in the preference list, go to options, set graphics performance to High performance which should be your dedicated GPU.

.Sirene

Jul 24, 2022
Ah, I see, people usually make the mistake of adding the launcher and not the game executable with UE games.

You can go to the game directory, then into the sub-directory with the game's name, Binaries > Win64, and you'll see something like GameName-Win64-Shipping.exe. That is the actual game executable you need to add and configure.

Otherwise, Windows is probably handling the GPU preference.

You can go to Display Settings > Graphics Settings, then select Desktop app and browse to the game executable (not launcher), add it then click on that game in the preference list, go to options, set graphics performance to High performance which should be your dedicated GPU.
For me personally I almost always use the executable from the subfolders, it has less issues when running and - if you're running mods on a game, they have a better chance of successfully launching. Good clarification though for those who don't know. I didn't think of it since for me it's second nature to go browsing for the .exe itself.

claymorwan

Apr 3, 2022
Can't launch the game at all, apparently I'm missing the c++ runtime even tho I have all of them installed

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
I'm sure this has been answered, but what settings should I set the game to so that my laptop isn't frying?
Everything on low including resolution quality.

3D WIP UE5 games I've tried so far seems to always lack optimization that even high end users face performance issues.

Reactions: Alternation62

Alternation62

Mar 7, 2019
Everything on low including resolution quality.

3D WIP UE5 games I've tried so far seems to always lack optimization that even high end users face performance issues.
Thank you. Hopefully they will stabilize it so it's not so dangerous in the future. Definitely keeping it on my radar.

Candyface

Jul 1, 2017
What in the broken mess has this shit turned in to, nothing works in sandbox? can't place or do anything except walk around

okay i figured out how to place animations, but can't save them, this ui is really a mess

Note to future newbies: watch the tutorial, you can record movements by pressing or holding the R key, and that binding does not display anywhere in the game, so you just have to know it i guess. I also noticed they have a lot more positions in the tutorial video, so i guess more is to come, as pr usual

Last edited:

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
ProjektMelodyANutBetweenWorlds-0.5.5.1Alpha
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
What in the broken mess has this shit turned in to, nothing works in sandbox? can't place or do anything except walk around

okay i figured out how to place animations, but can't save them, this ui is really a mess...
That's not really a sandbox either, Devs should rename that to "Gallery Viewer" instead.

The actual sandbox they had in older versions was so much better and had a lot of potential for UGC.
I personally will wait until they implement that back into the game.

...Note to future newbies: watch the tutorial, you can record movements by pressing or holding the R key, and that binding does not display anywhere in the game, so you just have to know it i guess. I also noticed they have a lot more positions in the tutorial video, so i guess more is to come, as pr usual
I thought it did tell you about what the binds do in the hud or something iirc.
Because I knew how to record it without watching any video.

Purple_Heart

Engaged Member
Oct 15, 2021
I've been following this thread for a long time but I've never actually played the game yet. Is it worth playing yet or should I wait more?

2.50 star(s) 17 Votes