VN - Ren'Py - Projekt: Passion [v0.11] [Classy Lemon]

1. 5.00 star(s)

FunFuntomes

this is the game we all've been waiting for...
    a goofy yet cool MC, love interests that are easy to get atached to, stuational comedy that doesn't suck... good animations, impressive sex scenes, stunning visuals and brave choices, a lovely sexdroid and a big boobed pilot.. what can a player wish for that isn't already in ?
  2. 5.00 star(s)

LizaS

Review as of [v0.4.1] for Projekt: Passion by ClassyLemon

SPOILER-FREE REVIEW

My Synopsis:

What is left of humanity has long since left Earth and is now dispersed throughout the galaxy. What transpired on Earth, then? That chapter of history was long since forgotten.

But why does it matter? You need to address your own issues.

You recently escaped an attempted murder at the expense of your residence. It seems to be just another weekday, no? Correct, but this time your partner has also inexplicably disappeared, and it's your responsibility because of an enigmatic relic to determine where she went! A word of caution: the solution could result in... greater adventures than you anticipated.

Together with his childhood friend Kaylee, the MC sets out on a quest to find his ex-partner and retrieve the enigmatic relic.

- - - - - - - - - -

Renders – Character models are really well done; they don't resemble one another in a way that they frequently do in other VNs. For various characters, different models are used and is implemented well. That is a positive!

In addition, unlike the more normal very hefty appearance, our MC has a good flair for appearance and is really distinctive looking.

The environments and ambience almost always use vibrant colors, a lot of gradients, and always suit the futuristic concept, even in locations where it might appear challenging to do so. Well done, developer.

Story – It is one of those AVNs that focuses a lot on the narrative. It currently concentrates on character development and world building.

I’d say that I enjoyed the direction the plot was taking, with the mystery and intrigue, as well as where it may go, potential future conflicts, and perhaps some additional set-action sequences.

Everyone has a unique personality, making it possible to tell them apart from one another beyond just how they seem. Not all developers are able to do this.

The comedic timing is *chef’s kiss*. With the trailers and other promotional materials, I honestly didn't anticipate this degree of humor, and I'm glad this game has it.

Writing is flawless. The author/developer knows when to hit you with the lowest of lows and when to hit you with highest of highs. The tempo is excellent and not erratic like in other media.

Animations – The transitions were seamless. It showed off the developer's creativity in juggling scenarios, whether with a lighthearted joke, a tearjerker, or a fantastic cutscene.

Speaking of cutscenes, this is undoubtedly the pinnacle of the game's animations.

I have no idea how to adequately express how fantastic the cutscenes are, so I can't say much more about it. It's incredibly well-made, and you can tell that the developer put a lot of time into producing them.

Sounds – Not a much to say. Absolutely flawless, a perfect 10 in every way.

I catch myself occasionally bobbing my head to the beat of the background music and find myself enjoying the tunes that are playing.

I would include VA here as we are currently in the sounds category. The voice acting in this game may be the finest ever. The voice acting is of a very high caliber, thus I suppose the Dev employed professional and experienced Voice Actors/Actresses. Due to its excellent craftsmanship, this makes you want to hear and listen to it. I recently watched my friend stream another AVN with voice acting, and I have to say that it was agonizing to sit through it with the voice acting.

For people who plays AVNs with sounds off, I’d really recommend you playing this one with sounds on and don’t mute. Because the sounds is one of the game’s personality.

UI – It excelled. For those who are interested in learning more about the universe of Projekt: Passion, there is a CODEX or BIOs that you can find under the settings.

The user interface is not ordinary. The creator really worked hard to make it stand out and speak to the game.

Grammar – It's quite good. I just saw one or two errors. I could say that the developer took time to proofread.

Dev - The developer has been open to suggestions, and as a result, changes are routinely made.

The game's creator is a cool, nice guy who always interacts with his fans and speaks out frequently about how the game is doing and developing.

Conclusion:
    I give it 5 stars and can't wait to see how the developer expands on the strong framework they have established for the plot as it goes forward.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Znoose

An enjoyable experience with humour, cute girls and an intriguing story. I also like the the look of the MC and his character.
    The game also has game over choices that are funny and don't feel out of place, and maybe it's just me but im a sucker for space/sc-fi settings and here it's done well enough.
    It also helps the game that the Dev is very active and communicates with the fans.Great game, looking forward to more updates(y).
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Jcena

Have you ever read a book so mesmerizing, that you feel empty once you complete it? This game left me with the same desire, as of version [v0.4.1]. There is a delicate balance between comedy and depth of emotion that is quite difficult to describe, but is woven so well into the plot that it feels seamless.

All of the characters are interesting if not lovable, even the NPC(s) that have a screen time of a few seconds, and that is a testament to the quality of the experience here. The voiced cutscenes, while not necessary- add life to the characters that already exist in spades. There is already a healthy amount of interaction between the cast excluding the player character, but more is always welcome.

The illusion of choice is rather well presented and there is almost always a different way of reacting to a situation, even if there are no long lasting consequences (yet?). I haven't experimented enough with the "bad" alignment choices, so I cannot elaborate on the same. The witty responses are funny enough to go for, at times.

I cannot expand much upon the world-building, lore and writing, but some people may not like the proportion of comedy shown here. However, I think it's just right- keeping things interesting by pushing the plot forward while providing well timed comedic relief in the gaps between. The flow of dialogue is more than well enough to keep you hooked.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The soundtrack is pretty good, but I didn't find myself pay attention to it as much as the characters and the writing, as they are very much the strength of the game. The renders are great and the animations are decent, but the way they are displayed is superior to the 'smoothness' of the same.

The direction in which this game is going is fantastic. The pace may be a bit quick, so I hope there is enough of play time once it is completed. I didn't have low expectations coming in (pun not intended) considering the developer's previous work, but I'll be damned if they weren't blown away (once again, pun not intended). This is the sort of game I'd look out for even if there were no lewd scenes.

This has the potential to be one of the greatest games here, provided there is enough length (yet again, pun not intended) by version 1.0.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Bejeebuss

This is the first game I've ever rated on this website. That's proof of the quality shown here.
    Now onto the stuff I like:
    ~ Good writing and diverse cast of characters.
    ~ Actually funny humor and great models.
    ~ Robopussy

A huge step up from the dev's previous game in regards to models.
    Can't recommend it enough!
    Looking forward to the next update and the full release!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

ToxicMelody1

Probably one of the best games on here! It's up there with "Being a DiK". The comedy is right on time, the pacing is at the perfect pitch, the music sets the mood, the cinematic video packages are on point along with voice acting, the story gets you in your feels for each character.......I cant say anything bad about this game. Keep up the amazing work
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Jamesstevenson

Hey, i don't normally leave reviews but this game is amazing. The storyline, animation, artstyle and humor is engaging and unique. You know when to set the overall tone as serious and the use of humor is defintely welcome and not clichè. Not to mention, the animated scenes feel like a movie with the voice acting. Looking forward to more updates, thank you classy lemon, for the work you've put out.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Gwb2006

v0.4.1

This game is fantastic. The writing is great, the characters are well developed and though somewhat wacky on the surface have some serious depth. The renders and cutscenes are well done. This game has a charm and wit to it that makes it standout on this site.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

maver!ck

This is for v0.4.1

It's a great game with a nice story, superb renders, audio and animations. I am not into sex scenes with aliens and androids but the story kept me hooked so far. It's definitely worth the time.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Judgemint

A great game with excellent production value nice to see a story which actually strikes the right balance between between romance and h scenes. Though the story and setting is definitely the main game here even though the world it is sets in is kinda light hearted but wacky the characters do have various layers of deep emotions and personality which is being now slowly but surely explore upon as the story progress ( not really a fan of voice acting in cutscenes though that's just a personal preference) , over all its an enjoyable experience and breath of fresh air kudos to the dev for his efforts which clearly shows in the vn.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Teezee

The only reason I decided to give this game a go was his first game, After the inferno .. I really liked that game, and he 'delivers' here too :)

The graphics are really good. Personally I enjoyed the voiced cutscenes and loved the humor, it actually made me laugh ...

The models are attractive and well proportioned, never was a fan of overblown oversized mammaries and/or behinds, always preferred them to be more realistic.

The story progression is actually different depending on what you do first, which makes sense.

While the genre might not be new, I do like his 'take'. There is no doubt the Dev has a lot of talent, I wish him the best and keep up the great work
  12. 5.00 star(s)

JLP603

I'm surprised with how good this game is. Beautiful renders/scenes/graphics and appealing models. The MC can be witty, aggressive and cut throat, or nice depending on your dialogue choices. No engrish with naturally flowing dialogue and the attempts to be funny with comedic scenarios and jokes land for me. The voice acting in cut scenes doesnt really work for me but this is purely subjective and can be disabled by muting the character voice sound option. All of the love interests are all pretty likeable with some scenes to make them sympathetic.

One of the top games that has been seen on this site for me, and one of the games that I will excitedly play the moment it gets updated
  13. 5.00 star(s)

ECCwnere

Wow that was great. Sometimes you forget people can makes games that are this good when you get used to the standard of things. Worth 6 Stars in all honestly. Keep it up I'm sure you're getting positive comments but this was a enjoyable experience. Scenes are great, story is interesting, the pacing is nice, lots of funny moments, and the events makes some semblance of sense, as much as they can for games like this.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

Jaango

Good game worth playing. Renders are great this one is definitely better than is other game. Story is interesting and funny. It's truly worthy to see how Mc dies. It's quite funny. Voiced animated scenes are great. You don't often see this in AVNs. Really enjoyed the game. Keep up the good work dev, looking forward to next updates

+ Renders
    + Models
    + Animations
    +Humor
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Goretaint

Absolutely amazing. This game stands out and even should get 6 stars instead of 5. The well-placed fully voiced movie sequences are perfectly placed and gives this game so much live and immersion. Every character is well-designed, nothing seems repetitive and beside of a lot of funny scenes (played the game-over scenes) there are a lot of emotions very good rendered and animated. Really looking forward to the next update!
  16. 5.00 star(s)

RPDL

version 0.3 &0.4.1

Brilliant game for many reasons.
    • Always very polished - haven't spotted any spelling errors or typos.
    • Visually, it looks great.
    • Doesn't take itself seriously, has a fun sense of humour dotted throughout.
    One of the highlights of the month for me, looking forward to seeing where it goes!
  17. 5.00 star(s)

KingBea

As of 0.4
    Wow. What a great game. In my opinion one of the top ones on the site, and definitely extremely underrated/looked over. It has a great story, models, animations, the list goes on and on. Something I believe really sets this game apart is that on top of animated sex scenes the game has fully voiced cutscenes. Look at baDIK as an example of a top game that does not even have that as a feature.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Éama

I love stories about artificial intelligence, robots, androids etc., something about the idea that artificial intelligence is so close to humans that you can hardly tell them apart attracts me magically. And even if that's not the main story, it also plays a role in Project Passion.

Moreover, it is an action-Sifi-VN with good humour that I would place somewhere between "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and "Marvel".
    The characters are unique, have their own motivations and secrets. Heartrending moments alternate with shameless irony. The MC is a mixture of hero and naïve, carefree good-for-nothing, definitely likeable but with many flaws. And that, for me, is also what makes him so charming. I much prefer that to the perfect hero who takes the ladies by storm.

Project: Passion convinces me both as a comedy and as a serious story about personal growth and true friendship. But it's also a good AVN with erotic scenes and a Marvelesque sifi-comedy.
    On the technical side, I don't know any developer who does such a great job of incorporating non-sexual animations into the flow of their stories as Classy Lemon does. I already noticed this in After the Inferno, but in Project: Passion it's even more striking.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Bartholomnus

Had a blast playing this. After the inferno was great but this is simply brilliant. I literally laughed my ass off there. The humor is so good. A quality product in actually every aspect: Story, characters, animations, lore. You can tell Lemon put a lot of thought and work into this.
    Oh and i love those stupidly funny death scenes. Can't wait for more!
  20. 5.00 star(s)

tulsa7

Renders: 5/5 very beautiful to look at

Music & sound: 5/5 very fitting music and frequent sound effects really enhance the experience. There's good voice acting as well

Animations: 10/5 extremely realistic, both sex scenes and non sex scenes are animated

Characters: 5/5 they all look very good and very unique when compared to other adult VNs. Personalities seem good too so far but we haven't had a lot of time to get to know them yet