Others Psycho Triumph: Lewd Springtime

What is the best resolution for scenes

• high res pixel art

• full hd

Results are only viewable after voting.

ru_bin

Feb 26, 2021
Yeah, I'm still not dead and I'm still making my game xd. Just working, learning how to draw, etc. It's all been time consuming, which is the reason why I'm not as active here... On ci-en I've been making posts rarely, I don't get to make the time. Just quietly developing my game. Anyway, I don't get any money from it, but I try to achieve really high quality and I do everything for that. I hope people appreciate it and will be understanding and patient. I am not a big company and during development I was a programmer but not an artist. So I have to learn how to draw from scratch. And after a while you can already notice my progress.

Reactions: Aurum4 and ehendu

ehendu

Feb 19, 2019
Impressive progress!

Regarding the poll, for full/major scenes I'd say more proper CG/HD art is definitely "better" than high res pixel art. However, seeing the above post, I doubt it's going to be hurting much from sticking to a unified pixel art theme. I'd say, stick with what you're most comfortable with right now at the end of the day. If you need to polish up drawing skills a bunch more to get to the higher def CGs, then probably not worth it unless that is a skill you're enjoying working on right now and want to keep focusing on developing. Otherwise, I'd wager you'd feel more 'rewarded' by seeing your game make progress and take shape.

ru_bin

Feb 26, 2021
I'm thinking. That I myself enjoy working with pixels. Especially when it comes to locations. In that drawing it was still a work in progress, I hadn't finished the legs and the shadow cast on the bench. But here's the full background of the scene. And I really like to do these backgrounds in pixels. Of course in animated scenes everything will be easier than in static ones. But anyway. For me, the most important thing is scene ideas, gameplay design, how the game feels, etc. So, the method of drawing is not so important, but I found the pixels to be aesthetically pleasing.

1718140826645.png

ru_bin

Feb 26, 2021
About the skill, I think I have enough, I am still hard to call a good artist and the result is not always predictable to me, but I think small mistakes can be forgiven and there will be content from me. In any case during the work, my experience will grow and the number of mistakes will decrease

ehendu

Feb 19, 2019
Sounds like a good case to focus wholly on the pixel art and not worry about changing it up for larger scenes. And I gotta say I'm impressed with the level of detail you're pulling out of pixel art.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ru_bin
Apr 23, 2022
I'm thinking. That I myself enjoy working with pixels. Especially when it comes to locations. In that drawing it was still a work in progress, I hadn't finished the legs and the shadow cast on the bench. But here's the full background of the scene. And I really like to do these backgrounds in pixels. Of course in animated scenes everything will be easier than in static ones. But anyway. For me, the most important thing is scene ideas, gameplay design, how the game feels, etc. So, the method of drawing is not so important, but I found the pixels to be aesthetically pleasing.

View attachment 3727667
Jesus I went from page one of this thread to present and the improvement of your art is massive. Impressive!