pewpew168

Dec 22, 2018
Excerpts from Eromancer's "Important Update Regarding PURE ONYX Content!" post, back in Jan 10:
We've recently been contacted by Patreon about making some adjustments to some of our animations. Most specifically the grapple animations that precede H scenes, as well as those where Onyx shows resistance.

We've examined all of the existing animations, and many of these adjustments can be made simply by revising Onyx's body language and facial expressions. Some others will require more dramatic edits. Keep in mind however that "rough" or "hardcore" is not the issue here, so many animations are fine.
This is in Patreon's community guidelines:
However, we have zero tolerance when it comes to the glorification of sexual violence which includes bestiality, rape, and child exploitation (i.e., sexualized depiction of minors). This is true for illustrated, animated, or any other type of creations. Patreon reserves the right to review and remove accounts that may violate this guideline.

We also do not allow other fringe sexual fetish creations, such as incest, necrophilia, or fetish creations that are hard to distinguish from non-consensual sex.
Patreon has been strict on non-consensual sex for a few years now, the writing was on the wall. When the entire game revolves around being raped by thugs and monsters, I would suggest that Eromancer is incredibly nearsighted. Based on his recent posts, it's obvious he doesn't want to stop milking his supporters. He's willing to sacrifice the essence of this game (if you can even call it that) in order to retain his income. Wasting time reworking Onyx's body language and facial expressions to suggest consensual sex is just another nail in the coffin. What a horrible developer.

1643660496995.png
Gaslights his critical supporters too.

Some of his supporters are expressing gratitude for his move to SubscribeStar, as if that will change anything:
Our SubscribeStar campaign will effectively be a mirror of our Patreon, in that we will still comply with Patreon's content guidelines (this is a term required by Patreon while we are funded by them). As such, the releases and available content will match that on Patreon.

Last edited:

xast

Jul 2, 2018
They also changed the Chain Splicer and Thug animation, in the end he didnt hold Onyx's mouth like before but instead place his finger and she looks like she's enjoying it

Basically, they are removing every "rape" animation and made it look weirdly consensual instead.

Looks like this is the end of this game then. the only reason i (and im pretty sure many others) like it is because of the game-over-rape animations

Gnodab

Feb 4, 2018
The fact they open a Subscribestar just for shits and giggles, since it won't change them pandering to Patreon guidelines, is so funny to me.

But hey, whatever helps potentially milking even more people for bugger all progress in the grand scheme of things.

Jhony234

Dec 25, 2018
Excerpts from Eromancer's "Important Update Regarding PURE ONYX Content!" post, back in Jan 10:

This is in Patreon's community guidelines:

Patreon has been strict on non-consensual sex for a few years now, the writing was on the wall. When the entire game revolves around being raped by thugs and monsters, I would suggest that Eromancer is incredibly nearsighted. Based on his recent posts, it's obvious he doesn't want to stop milking his supporters. He's willing to sacrifice the essence of this game (if you can even call it that) in order to retain his income. Wasting time reworking Onyx's body language and facial expressions to suggest consensual sex is just another nail in the coffin. What a horrible developer.

View attachment 1626916
Gaslights his critical supporters too.

Some of his supporters are expressing gratitude for his move to SubscribeStar, as if that will change anything:
Eromancer being Eromancer...i still dont know why there's ppl who pay him. This dev need to lose the fucking money to start caring about the players....(and he will never do that coz for him players are only money)

Steeliest

Oct 8, 2017
Anyone have a save with all the scenes? I just want to jack off not play a game in development hell for 4 years

Retts

Dec 17, 2018
I'm not trying to defend them at all, I'm as disappointed as you are, but as I said before, if they see that their SubscribeStar campaign is going good, they will likely completely transfer there, leaving Patreon. But until then, it's pretty obvious they have to obey Patreon's guidelines... you can't expect them to work for free. What choice do they have?
Maybe the only thing they could do is to encourage even more people to support them on SubscribeStar instead of Patreon.

GameAndy

Dec 16, 2017
I think that with all these innovations, I will be able to join the community of this game only in a year. Now all the desire to subscribe has finally disappeared. But what's more disappointing is that even those projects that I was previously subscribe for will probably soon cut out some of their content. I wonder what will become of the WildLife game after that.

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
I think that with all these innovations, I will be able to join the community of this game only in a year. Now all the desire to subscribe has finally disappeared. But what's more disappointing is that even those projects that I was previously subscribe for will probably soon cut out some of their content. I wonder what will become of the WildLife game after that.
You're pretty optimistic. I think that in a year 2-3 scenes will be added to the game, no more. It 's better to come back here in 5 years :p

Reactions: MrJ

KiteGr

Aug 1, 2019
Well... To be fair, the scenes are fantastic, and no mare still images. We also have some half decent beat-em-up gameplay to boot. If it's just one guy working on it, then it's fair.
I also follow Something Unlimited, and in that, we get much content for 2-3 characters every 2-3 months, but that game is mostly still images and text (not even sound).

Reactions: mogetsu

GoldenLemon

Sep 15, 2018
I've been keeping an eyes on this for a while now and can say this... Going by the rate of content delivered in the amount of time the game has existed. It should take around 10,000 years to get a full game. Which is around half of the theoretical development time of Half Life 3.

Jun 19, 2018
Hahaha, so now the game is getting updates that take away content instead of providing it.

I've learned this lesson the hard way a year or so ago, but don't invest in a project that is hosted on Patreon or aims for a Steam release. They'll bend over backwards to satisfy these platforms' content policies (which can change at any point) and the final product will be nowhere akin to the expectations that were originally established.

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
Hahaha, so now the game is getting updates that take away content instead of providing it.

I've learned this lesson the hard way a year or so ago, but don't invest in a project that is hosted on Patreon or aims for a Steam release. They'll bend over backwards to satisfy these platforms' content policies (which can change at any point) and the final product will be nowhere akin to the expectations that were originally established.
sad, but true

Leonave

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020

I'm having the same trouble with Patreon at the moment, but instead of submitting I went around it...

I will of course promote my subscribestar but having experienced it from the inside, the interpretation they make of their rules can be mind-boggling!

Strength to the designer for his subscribestar campaign!

P.S. Fortunately I have kept the previous version...

2.80 star(s) 76 Votes