DaGoomba10

Apr 28, 2017
The worst thing for me about all of this is that I remember raising concerns on ulmf, that this project was too big and too complex for a tiny indie developer. That this would turn into another 'Breeding Season', cluster-fuck and all. The developer was quick to defend themselves, the dev team and the speed of their updates.

For those who are interested:
September 30, 2016:
I wasn't really aware that people are so concerned about the game's progress, so it's probably worth addressing. The TL;DR version is that I think the H game community has had so few success stories that everyone is overly skeptical about seeing a game succeed. Probably so much so that the line between a project succeeding and imploding is horrendously blurred. So, if you're wondering, from my perspective this project is doing extremely well, and it's why we so vocally defend our efforts when they're questioned.

I didn't really follow Breeding Season's development, but since it keeps coming up I'll mention that from what I gathered their team chemistry wasn't very good. We on the other hand have the beginnings of a really strong team. All of us know we're onto something solid with this game, and while it demands literally constant work we're having a lot of fun with it.

However, it should be obvious at this point that this project is going to take a lot longer than the average H game. I never suggested otherwise, and while we're dug in and ready for the long haul, those that want the game need to be as well. Telling someone to devote more time to something that they already spend 24/7 on doesn't help really. There are things that will, however! I really want to expand the team even more to help push things along. I'm hoping the conversion to the monthly campaign format will give us enough flexibility to make that possible, but if it doesn't I'll make it happen some other way (without sacrificing the vision).

The point is that we're doing great, so don't stress. Instead, consider financially supporting us. Over time it will definitely improve the pace of the project.
I, like everyone else, hopped aboard the hype train and paid $20 a month for over two years because the demo they had out pushed all the right buttons for me. And when the updated demo came out with boss battle included, I was sure they had a winning formula over there.

Suddenly, they had to do a whole lot of changes to the engine and had to scrap the project and start over. They announced a lack of progress and a side-project. I think that's about the time I realized MaTM just entered Dev Hell and would likely die there.

Reactions: dafvid112

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Has Eromancer actually delivered any finished product at all? Anything? As far as I know, they have not. And with a track record like that, I'm still baffled by the fact that they get so much support on Patreon.

The way I see it they could be either very incompetent when it comes to management and PR, or they're straight up scamming everyone. And I'm not sure which one of the two is worse.

If you want to create a new game, that's fine. Maybe it's for the better, even. MatM was too big for a first project. This could be a smaller thing to give them some experience with completing a project. But instead of creating a feature-full proof of concept of sorts, some simple game where you can do most things you expect in a side-scrolling beat-them-up, they seem to be focusing on other aspects. If they just got out something actually playable, something you can actually enjoy, that would only do good things for them as far as I can see. It would spread awareness in a good way. It'd give a good idea of what the completed game will be like. It'd give the players an opportunity to supply them with feedback.

Even if you cannot deliver what you want as soon as you would have hoped, communication is still key. Getting your paying supporters as well as potential supporters informed about the state of things is how you keep them and get new ones. A project that actually does handle this quite well in my opinion in HentaiWriter's Future Fragments. They are even quite active in their respective thread on this forum, helping people when they're stuck, answering questions, and processing feedback. That's how you show you care about your audience.

Reactions: ChaoticShock

Big boos

Aug 4, 2018
played the dev test and its a shite game, the only quality here is the H scenes so i understand why people are upset that a sprite game is takeing YEARS to update, dont give this nutter a dime.

oyemiperro

Apr 29, 2017
Art looking good, I guess... since it is in such an early state, cannot say much, but it the imagery is going the way I think it is going, this may be even a game changer in terms of art and setting, with an amazing story and good hscenes, obviously.

smick

Dec 29, 2017
Since apparently the art is the main thing going on here, can we have some screenshots?
The art of the backgrounds you mean ? Because as long as I've seen the background is way more detailed than the actual characters, that are 2D drawn with only 1 color. And by 1 color i mean there are no blending colors, shadows and other details.

MhiaSummers

Jan 20, 2018
I know eromancer has done a lot of mistakes, but i can see right now that they are working hard with pure onyx. New version already up May 18th build, 4 H animations added with finishers and alot of new content. Can someone share a link on where we can download it?

Gnodab

Feb 4, 2018
4 H animations with finishers? Right now we have one animation with one finisher. 4 animations with finishers seems like a wet fever dream at this point...

MhiaSummers

Jan 20, 2018
4 H animations with finishers? Right now we have one animation with one finisher. 4 animations with finishers seems like a wet fever dream at this point...
Patreon may 18 test build, splicer added animation and the rest I can't read since it requires 10$ pledge. i was able to get a few details in yiff party about added animations. but the links there are unupdated

Gnodab

Feb 4, 2018
Huh, interesting. Any chance you can link the yiffy stuff? I won't get my hopes up, but maybe we get something at least somewhat playable from this game, before the end of the year haHAA

MhiaSummers

Jan 20, 2018
Huh, interesting. Any chance you can link the yiffy stuff? I won't get my hopes up, but maybe we get something at least somewhat playable from this game, before the end of the year haHAA
yiff.party then search eromancer. Also check eromancers patreon a few texts is readable like new animations, but you wont be able to read the whole added content without pledging 10$

btftw

Dec 20, 2017
yiff.party then search eromancer. Also check eromancers patreon a few texts is readable like new animations, but you wont be able to read the whole added content without pledging 10$
I

For those wondering (like I did) what kind of an updates are hidden behind the 10$ paywall, here are some old Inner Circle updates from Jan 2018 for MatM:

317859_4.png 317858_3.png 317857_2.png 317856_1.png

I doubt the 10$ updates for Onyx are any different...

MhiaSummers

Jan 20, 2018

smick

Dec 29, 2017
New version released with added animation May 25th
How do you know there's a new version and animation ? Could be just feedback, not every Inner Circle means theres a new version.
They will probably release all these new versions in next month's 3$ pledge and we can hope someone somewhere shares it.

Reactions: ChaoticShock

MhiaSummers

Jan 20, 2018
How do you know there's a new version and animation ? Could be just feedback, not every Inner Circle means theres a new version.
They will probably release all these new versions in next month's 3$ pledge and we can hope someone somewhere shares it.
Inner circle - release May 25th, shows animations and added h scene, then to expand the added info it needs you to be pledged 10$, you can check the details in yiff.party

Reactions: btftw

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Inner circle - release May 25th, shows animations and added h scene, then to expand the added info it needs you to be pledged 10$, you can check the details in yiff.party
A single H-scene lmao, this is one dead game.

2.90 star(s) 77 Votes