Aurigauh

Dec 14, 2018
Animation is great, art style is great. Looking forward to seeing more content in the game. A bit monotonous right now.

Braddy

Sep 14, 2018
I am eyeballing this with caution. The Malise and the Machine deal was weird, started off looking like it was going to be great with good updates then they started talking about doing their own engine because RPG maker couldn't do what they wanted and shit stopped for years. Now this "Quick and Easy" game that seems to be taking forever to get anywhere as well?

I don't think this is so much a scam as much as I think it's a talent/management issue. But you pay money and don't get much for it in return. So same result.

Damn same.

Reactions: ChaoticShock

voidzone247

Mar 12, 2017
Are you guys seriously telling me they haven't updated their project in 2 years yet still make almost 6k a month??
They release a lot of "this is what we're doing" posts on patreon, detailing all the backend work they're doing, rebuilding engines and writing storylines and what not, with the occasional render thrown in just to keep their patreon's attention. It's a living.

Creiz

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2018
Well at least they're doing something. I can respect that. I mean, I'm in the process of writing the back end, too, I know how hard it is to prove you're working when all you're doing is code and shenanigans. Except in my case nobody cares about my game yet.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Well at least they're doing something. I can respect that. I mean, I'm in the process of writing the back end, too, I know how hard it is to prove you're working when all you're doing is code and shenanigans. Except in my case nobody cares about my game yet.
imho, the problem is to hide every-damn-thing behind paywall.

i mean, peoples love to have news and all. but how is futurs patreons are suppsoed to know ? the dev can always create regular post with nothing in it. (i mean, look at Akabur, he post all the time and most of time, its for nothing else than his own private life playing this or that video game and the game progress result to an "i m working on it".)
at least, its not private for him. but not all devs do that.
i not very like when a dev hide everything behind patrons post. communication is very important. including with non patrons peoples.

i not talk about you, i talk about the devs of this game. :)

StonedFish

Jun 3, 2017
Okay I'm just gonna say it. Who the fuck would still believe this guy? He literally played with thousands of his patreons with fake promises for ages now. He still haven't finished his previous project "Alice and machine" either and now he's jumping to side scrolling platform game...ffs

Reactions: hanks0913

Hexagon_

Sep 16, 2017
Yeah I subbed for like 12 months I reckon, got one commit during that time. Better off subbing to artists who release work monthly, I'll never sub to a game that isn't on a pay-by-major update scheme.

Creiz

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2018
imho, the problem is to hide every-damn-thing behind paywall.

i mean, peoples love to have news and all. but how is futurs patreons are suppsoed to know ? the dev can always create regular post with nothing in it. (i mean, look at Akabur, he post all the time and most of time, its for nothing else than his own private life playing this or that video game and the game progress result to an "i m working on it".)
at least, its not private for him. but not all devs do that.
i not very like when a dev hide everything behind patrons post. communication is very important. including with non patrons peoples.

i not talk about you, i talk about the devs of this game. :)
In that case, I understand your grievances. Yeah, that's pretty scummy. But on the other hand, maybe he thought nobody would pledge if news were free. Still, nah, I agree with you.

I'll take solace in the fact that he's using artwork very similar to mine (we're using the same rendering techniques) and that people are responding extremely well to it. That's incredibly encouraging.

amgwtfover

Aug 11, 2017
Wow, a whole 2nd scene, and not some 30 second rough scribble on paper like the gallery!

I can't wait for the inevitable one new enemy every 6 months for a few years, then the announcement that the entire game is being redone in a new and better engine, then finally his announcement that he will be switching his attention to v0.001 of his new game.

Arrngrim

Oct 22, 2017
Came here after learning about this game on the MatM page...apparently I'm late to the party.

I backed these clowns for nearly two years starting in 2015 (at something like $50/month).

DO NOT GIVE THEM A DIME.

All of the hate they are getting here is completely justified. I have quite a few "builds" of MatM on my hard drives, they changed their game-plan numerous times while developing the game, would update literal excuses about why they had nothing to show after a year or more before finally giving up on it over a year ago back in 2018, and even tried to change the engine they were running their game on for no better reason than they felt like it (which may very well have been a lie just to make yet another excuse).

They have become actual scam artists.

At one point they peaked around $17k/month. Think about that. Even if they had 3 people working on the project, that's $5k/month. A very respectable living wage, especially in their home country. Naturally they dropped over the years yet I'm absolutely amazed they are still around $5k/month with next to nothing to show for it. As you all have posted, this newest "game" they are making has fuck all for content after nearly a year since they debuted it?

Yeah, move along folks, nothing to see here. MatM is sadly dead, it was a wonderful idea back in 2015, but the dev's couldn't give a fuck to actually produce a game for the fucking fistfuls of money they were getting for it at the time.

Frankly, I'm not even gonna try out this thing because I'm 99.9% it will never be finished and I will have wasted my time. Hell, I'll go play Urban Demons instead :Kappa:

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
... I think what makes this worse is not their lies etc.. Its their incompetence if thats truly all they could do... I literally developed a more fleshed out game as part of my computer science exam, and I had 7 days to do this.. Yeah, it looked like a kid shoved crayons up its nose and then sneezed on some paper, but you could attack, defend, jump, crouch, die, pick up new lives, complete 3 levels and the game ended with a boss that had some very basic "Learn the pattern and jump on the platforms" tactics.. In 7 fucking days.. Granted, I didnt sleep much during that period, but thats because I couldnt sleep, I wanted to work on the fucking thing, I had a blast creating it and learning how to code it, I didnt have 4000 dollars as an added incentive.

malodorous

Dec 28, 2016
There's two scenes now apparently and a finish animation after the first scene. Yiff.party link for eromancer isn't updated anymore. Hopefully someone will upload may 11 build.
anyone kno where i can find this? not giving them any money but still looks ok

Jul 10, 2017
I have been a patreon of Eromancer for 6 months last year, damn they've been slow up to now, I hate it on how they are not really organized as to what to do, I have been playing MaM and I loved the gameplay style, its like I think they get bored easily, they keep on changing, apologizing and etc... and now this game of theirs, ugh... wait for a year or more, they'll surely get bored and want something more complex, like Im sure they'll say we will switch to this engine, that engine, we had some features added and that burned alot of our time, up to the point they're not motivated anymore because they get 5k+ per month, so they send art style/pinups etc... JUST WAIT and SEE.... :) I'm a developer myself, and I try not to be too ambitious when it comes to games or softwares, I just start small and add features from time to time and thats what I do with my softwares, I have made a game and haven't finished it yet, because Im more focused on Software at this point :D

MhiaSummers

Jan 20, 2018
Completely understand a was pledged as well unti the battle test, but i really liked the animation in onyx that's why there are a few people looking for the latest build or at least video of the new animations.

Dhal9

Jul 13, 2017
They got overambitious played the demo from 2016 and if they had just finished that and given us a complete game then developed the supposed new engine they teased I guess we might be supportive but they just hit a wall did nothing for 2 tears just cashing checks to doodle fanart and promises of future development. This was my first essay turned into a master thesis/novel series. Feature creep is whats killed all these indie games they fail to realize how hard their promises are to deliver. We had a great game going here with MATM and they just let it die.

poplan

Jan 24, 2019
I did not back MaM although I did try the demo, at the time I was already concerned about the poor communications/delivery.
I know this stuff isn't easy to create but to have them abandon that and start this thing -- it kinda establishes a track record of "can they finish what they start"?

LOGhetto

Nov 8, 2017
Came here after learning about this game on the MatM page...apparently I'm late to the party.

I backed these clowns for nearly two years starting in 2015 (at something like $50/month).

DO NOT GIVE THEM A DIME.

All of the hate they are getting here is completely justified. I have quite a few "builds" of MatM on my hard drives, they changed their game-plan numerous times while developing the game, would update literal excuses about why they had nothing to show after a year or more before finally giving up on it over a year ago back in 2018, and even tried to change the engine they were running their game on for no better reason than they felt like it (which may very well have been a lie just to make yet another excuse).

They have become actual scam artists.

At one point they peaked around $17k/month. Think about that. Even if they had 3 people working on the project, that's $5k/month. A very respectable living wage, especially in their home country. Naturally they dropped over the years yet I'm absolutely amazed they are still around $5k/month with next to nothing to show for it. As you all have posted, this newest "game" they are making has fuck all for content after nearly a year since they debuted it?

Yeah, move along folks, nothing to see here. MatM is sadly dead, it was a wonderful idea back in 2015, but the dev's couldn't give a fuck to actually produce a game for the fucking fistfuls of money they were getting for it at the time.

Frankly, I'm not even gonna try out this thing because I'm 99.9% it will never be finished and I will have wasted my time. Hell, I'll go play Urban Demons instead :Kappa:
I wish I could be refunded all the money wasted on MaTM and Urban Demons

2.80 star(s) 76 Votes