Yojimbo543

Feb 25, 2021
Gifdoozer dev update log:

2023-07-25 19:18:12

"In case you didn't knew it i'm working on a game called Pure Onyx and i'm one of the NSFW animators there and after quite some months they need me to make a couple animations. won't take me more than just a couple days, but i just don't want to disappear for a couple days without telly you guys what i'm doing :3"

Looks like that Penapsquat guy got his work cut out for him by Gifdoozer. Can't even find a shred of work from him. Unless he is using a different artist handle?
Penapsquat and Gifdoozer started working for Eromancer around the same time (Nov-2020).
Most Onyx H-animations have been done by Gifdoozer. Eromancer has mentioned Penapsquat several times in different monthly updates, here's a quote from the Jan-2021:

"When Penapsquat hasn't been working on the transitions for the upcoming H scene, he and I have been working on animations for the upcoming police enemy. "

This is from the Mar-2021 monthly update regarding "animation retargeting" for the H-animations (this was the FemCop+Wraxe scene):

"Earlier this month I trained Penapsquat on this as well as the animation export process, so he and I will be tackling this task together. While it does take extra work, the payoff to effort ratio is definitely worth it, especially once we can break these scenes out of Gallery Mode and start integrating the conversions into gameplay. "

And this is a quote from the May-2021 update:

" We added the first Chain Splicer H scene to the Inner Circle release this month! Penapsquat and I are hard at work at knocking out a big list of improvements and the secondary animation (jiggles, hair and dangly bits animation, etc.) for it. "

In other words, Gifdoozer has done most new animations while Penapsquat has mainly worked on intros/transitions/outros and character swaps. Their work doesn't overlap.

won't take me more than just a couple days
This is something I've said many times. The reason why new H-animations take several months is not the animator, but Eromancer's lazyness, mismanagement and ineptitude.

Last edited:
May 4, 2022
Penapsquat and Gifdoozer started working for Eromancer around the same time (Nov-2020).
Most Onyx H-animations have been done by Gifdoozer. Eromancer has mentioned Penapsquat several times in different monthly updates, here's a quote from the Jan-2021:

"When Penapsquat hasn't been working on the transitions for the upcoming H scene, he and I have been working on animations for the upcoming police enemy. "

This is from the Mar-2021 monthly update regarding "animation retargeting" for the H-animations (this was the FemCop+Wraxe scene):

"Earlier this month I trained Penapsquat on this as well as the animation export process, so he and I will be tackling this task together. While it does take extra work, the payoff to effort ratio is definitely worth it, especially once we can break these scenes out of Gallery Mode and start integrating the conversions into gameplay. "

And this is a quote from the May-2021 update:

" We added the first Chain Splicer H scene to the Inner Circle release this month! Penapsquat and I are hard at work at knocking out a big list of improvements and the secondary animation (jiggles, hair and dangly bits animation, etc.) for it. "

In other words, Gifdoozer has done most new animations while Penapsquat has mainly worked on intros/transitions/outros and character swaps. Their work doesn't overlap.

This is something I've said many times. The reason why new H-animations take several months is not the animator, but Eromancer's lazyness, mismanagement and ineptitude.
Eromancer must be on something, he just released a botched Test

May 4, 2022
August 18, 2023 Patched IC Release! (Patreon)

Hey guys!

After some reports, we found that players who get < 60 FPS will have some gnarly dynamic physics glitching on boobs/hair/clothing with the latest I release. We tested at 30 FPS, but it was a constant 30 FPS and thus wasn't totally representative of a real world scenario where FPS fluctuates -- apologies for that!

that reverts that change -- so it's only really necessary if you are having the issue. We hope to have it fixed by the end of the month.

The release also adds a few things we finished since the 18th.

Changelog
  • Reverted breast/hair/clothing physics FPS dependency change
  • Added reflections to Spider Cavern
  • Fixed Onyx hair / clothes material overrides on world map (Hair / jackets appeared too reflective)
  • Fixed water FX regression (all water FX except landing splashes failed to play after physics overhaul in IC release)

Ironclad

Jun 10, 2018
This is why I really respect developers like Vosmug. Sure, Vos takes 3 years to release a game, but you know what he doesn't do in the meantime? Take tens of thousands of dollars from people for no results because he realizes that it is poison to the concept of shipping a title. Instead he makes his game and then sells it on every platform he can to make the cost back, and it works. And his games are actually mostly feature complete when they launch. No episode 1 or half a game.

It sucks, because Patreon and other services are important for developers and artists to be able to pay their bills while doing their work. But then you'll run into developers who really, really take advantage of it. Another really good dev is Majalis, who, rain or fucking shine, has a content release every month and is meaningfully moving towards the game being complete. Some developers understand that you CAN milk your fans, but it hurts the entire genre, not just your rinky dink scam project. Unethical developers are remembered far more than the ones who didn't fuck people over.
Eromancer already has a full dev team, artstyle, setting, game design, and thousands of dollars funding every month. There's no excuse for a game of this scope to not be finished 3+ years later. I respect that Vosmug isn't a grifter, but a decade after making Xenotake he's released one other very similar title. Don't want to be mean but nothing really stands out. The gameplay, art, writing are all dated. Even with financial support I don't know what he should focus on.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
y’all this eromancer guy fr scamming out here. My dumbass didn’t check here and wasted 12$. Star Citizens gonna be finished before this can of scams :(
It is what it is, at least you got nagging rights because you used to support Eromancer :KEK:

2.90 star(s) 78 Votes