Tool QSP QSP Player With Video Support Written In Qt

animusgaming

Dec 11, 2018
Hi, a small query to anyone using this under linux with dark mode, do you all have the same error where the dark mode all the text in the options and dialogue box is invisible? How to overcome this? For ref, attached ss of dark mode and light mode in the OS. 1689225885616.png 1689225951896.png

sp3cial

Oct 21, 2017
Hi, a small query to anyone using this under linux with dark mode, do you all have the same error where the dark mode all the text in the options and dialogue box is invisible? How to overcome this? For ref, attached ss of dark mode and light mode in the OS.
Here (Fedora 38 + Gnome Shell) there are no problems with the dark mode. But I see that you use slightly different fonts and Gnome shell design. Of course, since Qqsp is a QT application, it's a bit different. Maybe try it with the default design (Adwaita Dark). Does it work with it? If so, the problem is probably in your custom theme.

However, Qqsp has not been actively maintained for years. Sooner or later it won't work anymore anyway (sadly). If no one takes on the project, you should not waste too much time with it.

Reactions: animusgaming

animusgaming

Dec 11, 2018
Here (Fedora 38 + Gnome Shell) there are no problems with the dark mode. But I see that you use slightly different fonts and Gnome shell design. Of course, since Qqsp is a QT application, it's a bit different. Maybe try it with the default design (Adwaita Dark). Does it work with it? If so, the problem is probably in your custom theme.

However, Qqsp has not been actively maintained for years. Sooner or later it won't work anymore anyway (sadly). If no one takes on the project, you should not waste too much time with it.
I am using Fedora 38 + Cinnamon spin, with whitesur nord dark theme. I think that cinnamon GUI or the theme is the issue. Thanks again.

Update: Can confirm, all the dark themes in the cinnamon spin giving the issue for me. Thanks again.

Last edited:

animusgaming

Dec 11, 2018
Sometime ago I saw someone trying to recreate the qqsp, instead of using Qt, using C++ or other package. Sadly, no update on the project as well.

sp3cial

Oct 21, 2017
If you're feeling a little experimental, you might also want to take a look at this project here: This is some kind of browser based player for QSP (based on NodeJS). There is very little documentation, so it is only for interested testers. But this should make it more platform-independent and therefore especially interesting for us Linux users.

restrictive

Jun 4, 2020
Windows 10 experience:

1.Download Qqsp-1.9.0-win64.zip
2. Extract with 7-zip.
3. Run Qqsp.exe
4. Stare at a grey screen with an unresponsive menubar at the top

Onboard troubleshoot compatibility tries to run in Windows 8 compatibility mode, which does not help.
Running as admin doesn't help either.

What am I doing wrong?

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Windows 10 experience:

1.Download Qqsp-1.9.0-win64.zip
2. Extract with 7-zip.
3. Run Qqsp.exe
4. Stare at a grey screen with an unresponsive menubar at the top

Onboard troubleshoot compatibility tries to run in Windows 8 compatibility mode, which does not help.
Running as admin doesn't help either.

What am I doing wrong?
'Unresponsive' is unfortunately far too vague to be of any help for any proper suggestions. Check your Event-Log in Windows - it should have some kind of entry if it is really the QQsp application causing the issue. It is most definitly not a general WIN10 issue as it has been running flawlessly on my own systems for years.

Doc Mitchell

Jul 3, 2020
'Unresponsive' is unfortunately far too vague to be of any help for any proper suggestions. Check your Event-Log in Windows - it should have some kind of entry if it is really the QQsp application causing the issue. It is most definitly not a general WIN10 issue as it has been running flawlessly on my own systems for years.
hey different person but i've but getting the same issue as the previous guy

this is what it says for me in the event log

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Hang
Date: 17-Aug-23 01:28:55
Event ID: 1002
Task Category: (101)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: DESKTOP-I5C5JV9
Description:
The program Qqsp.exe version 1.9.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 7ab0
Start Time: 01d9d05656a7fc99
Termination Time: 7
Application Path: C:\Users\darkl\OneDrive\Documents\testing\Qqsp-1.9.0-win64\Qqsp.exe
Report Id: 7b4f4b90-0d47-4c86-a080-e9cf467afff8
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Unknown

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
hey different person but i've but getting the same issue as the previous guy

this is what it says for me in the event log

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Hang
Date: 17-Aug-23 01:28:55
Event ID: 1002
Task Category: (101)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: DESKTOP-I5C5JV9
Description:
The program Qqsp.exe version 1.9.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 7ab0
Start Time: 01d9d05656a7fc99
Termination Time: 7
Application Path: C:\Users\darkl\OneDrive\Documents\testing\Qqsp-1.9.0-win64\Qqsp.exe
Report Id: 7b4f4b90-0d47-4c86-a080-e9cf467afff8
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Unknown
The eventid is unfortunately also a very common one that doesnt tell us a lot on its own. 1002 is the most generic one when an application just 'hangs' - usually it is something beside this that causes the issue - like another windows system process hanging first or access/security changes to some other windows process. The one thing that catches my eye though in your posting is the subdirectory 'OneDrive'. Is that a synchronized directory for Microsoft's OneDrive?

Doc Mitchell

Jul 3, 2020
The eventid is unfortunately also a very common one that doesnt tell us a lot on its own. 1002 is the most generic one when an application just 'hangs' - usually it is something beside this that causes the issue - like another windows system process hanging first or access/security changes to some other windows process. The one thing that catches my eye though in your posting is the subdirectory 'OneDrive'. Is that a synchronized directory for Microsoft's OneDrive?
yeah though thats not the issue, even on a fresh install that hasnt been added to onedrive i cant QSP to launch, which is weird, it was working fine up until last wednesday, now it doesn't launch at all

Stinger554

Oct 31, 2018
yeah though thats not the issue, even on a fresh install that hasnt been added to onedrive i cant QSP to launch, which is weird, it was working fine up until last wednesday, now it doesn't launch at all
I was having this issue and launching it under my primary monitor(if you have two) might help as it allowed me to launch QSP. Weird workaround though.

Reactions: toolkitxx

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I was having this issue and launching it under my primary monitor(if you have two) might help as it allowed me to launch QSP. Weird workaround though.
I wish that important piece of info would have been mentioned. The multi-monitor thingy is a known issue and mentioned earlier in this thread as well.

restrictive

Jun 4, 2020
Thank you for the response and sorry to bother you (for reasons below).

I only have one monitor, so that was not it.
What I did was to start the application through cleanslate*.qsp.
I may have linked this to the wrong Qqsp.exe (and I do feel stupid now - but the heatwave which turned my brain to mush seems a good excuse)
Long story short:
It is working now.

• Haha
Reactions: toolkitxx

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Thank you for the response and sorry to bother you (for reasons below).

I only have one monitor, so that was not it.
What I did was to start the application through cleanslate*.qsp.
I may have linked this to the wrong Qqsp.exe (and I do feel stupid now - but the heatwave which turned my brain to mush seems a good excuse)
Long story short:
It is working now.
Brainfarts and mushy brains are my favourites too. Good to hear everything is working.

Reactions: restrictive

temporaryuser

Feb 28, 2018
Hi there, no one is able to help me:

1696680985291.png
JS mean javascript but I already update-that. This error I do have for SOAB and BK, for girls life I dont have any problem.

some-one please help.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Hi there, no one is able to help me:

View attachment 2987284
JS mean javascript but I already update-that. This error I do have for SOAB and BK, for girls life I dont have any problem.

some-one please help.
Son of a bitch uses a different system than standard QSP which involves a couple of extra libraries etc. This player is not meant to be used for those special cases as I pretty clearly recall Sonnix saying that he will ensure that 'standard qsp games will run'. That does not include the ones you seem to have trouble with.

temporaryuser

Feb 28, 2018
Son of a bitch uses a different system than standard QSP which involves a couple of extra libraries etc. This player is not meant to be used for those special cases as I pretty clearly recall Sonnix saying that he will ensure that 'standard qsp games will run'. That does not include the ones you seem to have trouble with.
thx so whats is the solution?

Xymma

Feb 14, 2018
sorry for necro but I'm getting a 0xc000007b error on launch. At first it yelled at me for 2 missing dll filles, so I downloaded them and added them and now this.