Tool QSP QSP Player With Video Support Written In Qt

Aug 6, 2016
Rebuilded win32 version for myself on QT 5.15.2 with 5.15.8 QT WebEngine, and fixed issue with title bar disappearance, removed menu-bar on full screen (It was inactive anyway), and new version of WebEngine fixed some issues with CSS.

Why not x64? Because x64 player crashing on regular expressions, it has some problems with regexec.c, probably because original QSP code was not optimized for x64.

Anyway, if anyone need updated x32 Windows version - here
This is also not working for me. The application does not run, instead on boot goes into not responding. I might add this is just running the qsp player application without any qsp files loaded.

Okay, looked through the thread. I have multiple displays and the application does not respond if the application window opens up on the non primary display.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wex and toolkitxx

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
In many ways this player is far better than others but I'm struggling with what it does to displaying tables in a game I'm creating. It adds 4 lines on top and the "center" tag/command does not seem to doing anything, and I don't think it's my coding given that this behaviour does not happen using Quest Soft Player 5 (but most likely it is so...).

Is there any way of fixing this?
Make sure to use proper html-5 format and not the old qsp way. QSP in the classic player used a special implementation of html4 - meaning a non-standard html command actually. This player uses proper html-5 format for commands.
In any case - this forum has a 'code' tag you can use to show the relevant code in proper formatting here. It is always a good idea to show your code that creates a problem to make it easier to help you with a specific problem :) Post your code and it will be a lot easier to see what is going wrong

Reactions: johnsilverjohn80
Mar 12, 2020
Make sure to use proper html-5 format and not the old qsp way. QSP in the classic player used a special implementation of html4 - meaning a non-standard html command actually. This player uses proper html-5 format for commands.
In any case - this forum has a 'code' tag you can use to show the relevant code in proper formatting here. It is always a good idea to show your code that creates a problem to make it easier to help you with a specific problem :) Post your code and it will be a lot easier to see what is going wrong
Thank you, you hit the nail! I use the <center> tag, still functional in html4 but no longer in use in html5. In this QSP player it seems to work sometimes with text but with images, tables and so on it misses. Oh well, too many changes now...

Reactions: toolkitxx

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Thank you, you hit the nail! I use the <center> tag, still functional in html4 but no longer in use in html5. In this QSP player it seems to work sometimes with text but with images, tables and so on it misses. Oh well, too many changes now...
Sonnix tried to ensure that old code would still run but some of the old tags where wonky to begin with - so trying to clean up ones code to follow proper html-5 in this player is best approach - glad that fixed it :)

Reactions: johnsilverjohn80

Lost_Eternity

Jun 23, 2020
This is also not working for me. The application does not run, instead on boot goes into not responding. I might add this is just running the qsp player application without any qsp files loaded.

Okay, looked through the thread. I have multiple displays and the application does not respond if the application window opens up on the non primary display.
Does this issue appear in original 1.9 too?

In many ways this player is far better than others but I'm struggling with what it does to displaying tables in a game I'm creating. It adds 4 lines on top and the "center" tag/command does not seem to doing anything, and I don't think it's my coding given that this behaviour does not happen using Quest Soft Player 5 (but most likely it is so...).

Is there any way of fixing this?
First unlike original QSP5, in this player you can change any default style and formatting via CSS, if you don’t like how anything displayed – you can change it.
You can attach CSS to "Header" by adding
Code:
$SETMAINDESCHEAD
variable and setting path to CSS file to it, for example -
Code:
'<link rel="stylesheet" href="style/main.css"/>'
(In this example main.css located in "style" folder, relatively to .qsp file)

In result, you should get something like that:
Code:
$SETMAINDESCHEAD = '<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/main.css"/>'
Preferably – it needs to be done on start location.

If you don’t know what CSS is and how it’s working – there are a lot of detailed tutorials, and overall, it’s not really complicated.

Second – default "center" tag(as well as all other tags) should work in Qqsp, if you're doing everything right.

But you can do the same thing and even more via CSS.

haloharry

Dec 16, 2018
1650716144095.png I keep getting this error when i open up the software, anyway to fix this or stop it from popping up?

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
View attachment 1772031 I keep getting this error when i open up the software, anyway to fix this or stop it from popping up?
This is an error when the game's code is not able to find a particular file. This is not an error created by the player itself but a error created by the game you played. Ask about it in their thread.

Teridil

May 28, 2017
Just an FYI, I don't think this program runs on a secondary monitor. Make sure you launch it on your primary monitor. This is a weird bug I've seen in a small handful of other programs and oddly enough, one website (I quadruple checked the behavior, fucking weird)
You just saved my day xD

llatlantall

Dec 26, 2019
I don't know if this has been answered before - but on the 1.9 version for Mac - I am having issues loading videos - the videos won't LOAD just the text. Gifs load just fine .. anyone else had this issue?

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I don't know if this has been answered before - but on the 1.9 version for Mac - I am having issues loading videos - the videos won't LOAD just the text. Gifs load just fine .. anyone else had this issue?
Did you check several videos or is this one particular video? I recall some videos created with specific applications caused problems on the PC side for someone but worked fine when created with a different application. It might be something like this - but I am by no means a Mac person which means it could be anything else in your case. Generally speaking: I am not aware of any general problems with videos on the Mac in that version

Reactions: llatlantall

Dutchkiller

Aug 10, 2019
So I may be overlooking something but I have downloaded several versions of 1.9 but every single one of them upon launch doesn't respond. Like I can see everything, like quests, game etca but I can't click or select them. It doesn't look te be frozen but rather it just doesn't respond.

Am I doing something wrong? To add some extra context I tried launching it in its own folder and in a game folder but neither works. I have tried the 32 and the 64 versions, as well as the one in the thread. It just takes up my whole screen and doesn't respond to anything.

I need it to play Clean Slate cause it doesn't work on anything else. If I need to give some specifics let me know

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
So I may be overlooking something but I have downloaded several versions of 1.9 but every single one of them upon launch doesn't respond. Like I can see everything, like quests, game etca but I can't click or select them. It doesn't look te be frozen but rather it just doesn't respond.

Am I doing something wrong? To add some extra context I tried launching it in its own folder and in a game folder but neither works. I have tried the 32 and the 64 versions, as well as the one in the thread. It just takes up my whole screen and doesn't respond to anything.

I need it to play Clean Slate cause it doesn't work on anything else. If I need to give some specifics let me know
This seems to be a very specific case for your machine then. Is it unresponsive in terms of everything or just the qsp-player application? If anything - a look into your event viewer (I assume you are on a Windows system) should at least give you something if its system related. I am very sure this is not a general problem of the player but something in your specific system configuration as I have been using this player now for so long and no update of WIN has been able to break it.

Sep 8, 2019
I am getting a reject i am playing SaraGame and when i click on a link in the main body of the game it gives me a reject. Code 109 Description-Unknown action! Can somebody tell me what to do I can only do starter stuff and have been for 3 hours.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I am getting a reject i am playing SaraGame and when i click on a link in the main body of the game it gives me a reject. Code 109 Description-Unknown action! Can somebody tell me what to do I can only do starter stuff and have been for 3 hours.
Please dont post any game specific questions in this thread. This is for the QQsp-player only - your problem is purely game related and needs to be solved in the appropriate thread for the game itself

MisterSomething

Mar 14, 2018
For the next version I will try to update docker build as well so that I can provide a container that works on any distribution.
Out of curiosity, has there been any progress on that front?
Would be a bit more convenient if I could play QSP games natively instead of booting up a Windows VM.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Out of curiosity, has there been any progress on that front?
Would be a bit more convenient if I could play QSP games natively instead of booting up a Windows VM.
As sexy as that might have sounded - it requires a server as a platform and not a desktop. So the use for a regular user with a personal desktop system is kind of limited unless you run a VM again ;)

Reactions: MisterSomething