Tool QSP QSP Player With Video Support Written In Qt

Ynot00

May 31, 2021
The user Sonnix on TFG has provided this excellent new version of a QSP Player which not only supports a wider range of picture and video formats (webm, webp, mp4) but is also multi-platform (Versions for Windows, MacOS and Linux) and .

Since we have a large number of QSP games here on F95 i contacted him to ensure that this is not a one-shot and he would allow usage elsewhere than on TFG.

I quote him here: 'The player can be used for any projects without any limitations. And since the original qsp library is under LGPLv2.1 license I can not limit anything if I am to follow it since my player is a derivative work.
I've just posted the links in pleases where this player might be useful.

Usage in another projects is a good test for the player. So if you find any bugs you can report them to me and I will try and fix them.
'

My own tests so far have not shown any issues so i wanted to share this with everyone.

Version 1.9:
Win64:
Win32:

Here is version 1.9 for macOS:

Minimal supported OS version should be macOS 10.12.

For Linux versions please check Sonnix's posts in this thread for details if and where available.

git:
are there any a chromebook can run?

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
Does anyone know if any of the older versions work on older Macs? I have one with a 10.7.5 and it's quite annoying how limiting it is in app availability.

Lost_Eternity

Jun 23, 2020
Rebuilded win32 version for myself on QT 5.15.2 with 5.15.8 QT WebEngine, and fixed issue with title bar disappearance, removed menu-bar on full screen (It was inactive anyway), and new version of WebEngine fixed some issues with CSS.

Why not x64? Because x64 player crashing on regular expressions, it has some problems with regexec.c, probably because original QSP code was not optimized for x64.

Anyway, if anyone need updated x32 Windows version - here

Last edited:

Mori369

Nov 26, 2017
Anyone else having trouble with the Player? Mine crashes instantly on startup. Tried both the 64x and the 32x version and also downloaded them again. Other Player Versions like the standard 5.7 version work, but they dont show videos. If someone can help me fix this I would be glad.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Anyone else having trouble with the Player? Mine crashes instantly on startup. Tried both the 64x and the 32x version and also downloaded them again. Other Player Versions like the standard 5.7 version work, but they dont show videos. If someone can help me fix this I would be glad.
You might want to provide a bit more info since the player works just fine for me and as far as i am aware anyone else. What game are you running? What does your logs tell you?

Mori369

Nov 26, 2017
You might want to provide a bit more info since the player works just fine for me and as far as i am aware anyone else. What game are you running? What does your logs tell you?
Well i want to run Girl Life but when I open the player it opens the window but instantly tells me that the program isnt responding. As for the logs you would have to tell me where to find them, then I will post them too.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Well i want to run Girl Life but when I open the player it opens the window but instantly tells me that the program isnt responding. As for the logs you would have to tell me where to find them, then I will post them too.
In Windows that would be your EventViewer. Not responding often means you are missing a file or your file structure is incorrect. I am pretty certain this is not a player problem but something with your GirlLife installation

Mori369

Nov 26, 2017
In Windows that would be your EventViewer. Not responding often means you are missing a file or your file structure is incorrect. I am pretty certain this is not a player problem but something with your GirlLife installation
The thing is last time I played it, about a week ago, everything ran perfect. Both folders weren't used or changed, and when I start the QSP.exe it freezes the moment the window opens.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
The thing is last time I played it, about a week ago, everything ran perfect. Both folders weren't used or changed, and when I start the QSP.exe it freezes the moment the window opens.
Well - if you didnt change anything it also means you didnt change the player software - thus it cant be the player's fault either. Trace back what you changed on your system during that period and check logs etc. But i am willing to say this is not a player problem and thus not a part to be discussed here.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I might have another idea you can try: check for the QQsp.ini in your %appdata/roaming folder. Delete that and make sure there isnt one in the actual game folder either. Now fire up the player again and hopefully this resolves your issue.

Reactions: mercytea

Mori369

Nov 26, 2017
I might have another idea you can try: check for the QQsp.ini in your %appdata/roaming folder. Delete that and make sure there isnt one in the actual game folder either. Now fire up the player again and hopefully this resolves your issue.
Sadly your idea didn't work but thanks anyway for the help, I will try to find out what caused this, and post it here if you want to know what might have caused it not to work.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
To clarify - you used the version from the top post right? Not the recompiled version of lost_eternity further up?

Lost_Eternity

Jun 23, 2020
Well, crash can happen on infinite loop in QSP or recursive location (location that has GOTO into itself), but if .qsp file wasn’t changed, I suspect problem in PC or software.

If player crashing on start, without any .qsp file, I’d suggest trying to re-install vc_redist that sits in Qqsp folder, maybe it will help, otherwise – it can be anything, really.

Mar 12, 2020
In many ways this player is far better than others but I'm struggling with what it does to displaying tables in a game I'm creating. It adds 4 lines on top and the "center" tag/command does not seem to doing anything, and I don't think it's my coding given that this behaviour does not happen using Quest Soft Player 5 (but most likely it is so...).

Is there any way of fixing this?