Tool QSP QSP Player With Video Support Written In Qt

Feb 5, 2018
so i have a bit of a wierd problem with the quest player. on my desktop, an amd system, the quest player plays fine straight after download. then i turn it off and on again after a while. then the player hangs shits itself by opening but not responding, just a big white screen. however on my laptop, an intel system, its working like a peach. no problems at all. cant fathom what the problem is either. only way i found that fixed it last time was a windows reinstall. and before you ask yes i've had both driver and windows updates on both systems.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
so i have a bit of a wierd problem with the quest player. on my desktop, an amd system, the quest player plays fine straight after download. then i turn it off and on again after a while. then the player hangs shits itself by opening but not responding, just a big white screen. however on my laptop, an intel system, its working like a peach. no problems at all. cant fathom what the problem is either. only way i found that fixed it last time was a windows reinstall. and before you ask yes i've had both driver and windows updates on both systems.
Well - i have been running AMD systems ever since 19.. and can assure you that this is nothing directly related to AMD in general.
You have an event log which you should check for entries when an application 'hangs' etc. Either the app or the system part in there usually gives you a much better hint what is wrong.
Out of experience and based on the little info you provide i dare to say that the process didnt shut down properly the first time and that's why you seem to have problems when you start it again. Reboot your system, start the player , shut it down and before doing anything else check for this. I am almost certain you either find a non-closed qqsp or qt process somewhere.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
okay thanks for the answer. its just frustrating is all. btw where do i find this event log? the QSP folder?
No - i am talking about the Windows event viewer. Right click on the start button should give you a menu where it will be listed. By default both system and application errors should and will be listed here with appropriate codes and reasons. Some are hard to decipher for a non-techi but usually you get at least a good hint what is going on (or not going on).

esoom

Sep 6, 2017
How do you build this for Ubuntu?

I've had a go but I get "Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: multimedia webengine webenginewidgets webchannel" .

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out, you need to install...

sudo apt install build-essential qtmultimedia5-dev qtwebengine5-dev

mkdir and cd to build dir
qmake .. PREFIX=/usr
make

then copy Qqsp to wherever you like and run it :).

./Qqsp [qsp file]

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2018
so i checked the event viewer and is just goes straight to windows error reporting and application hang. cant really say that i can make anyhting out of it. ill post the log aswell if anyone can tell me why QSP wont start up on my desktop

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
so i checked the event viewer and is just goes straight to windows error reporting and application hang. cant really say that i can make anyhting out of it. ill post the log aswell if anyone can tell me why QSP wont start up on my desktop

In the section 'EventData' it says 'not accessible' - you might be facing a simple access problem here. Depending on your settings files downloaded from the net might not have been allowed to be executed (it might say 'blocked' in file properties).

I would have expected an actual qqsp entry in the application section of the event viewer if it would be caused directly by qqsp itself. If this is the only entry in your logs then i am almost certain this is more related to something like security, access rights etc.

Feb 5, 2018
In the section 'EventData' it says 'not accessible' - you might be facing a simple access problem here. Depending on your settings files downloaded from the net might not have been allowed to be executed (it might say 'blocked' in file properties).

I would have expected an actual qqsp entry in the application section of the event viewer if it would be caused directly by qqsp itself. If this is the only entry in your logs then i am almost certain this is more related to something like security, access rights etc.
Yes that is the entry that pops every time i try to open QSP

Last edited:

Archy

Apr 30, 2017
hello all,
would it be possible for anyone to make the qsp player available to download on another possibility than mega?
i cant download it from there cause i used it too much.
thank you in advance
Archy

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
hello all,
would it be possible for anyone to make the qsp player available to download on another possibility than mega?
i cant download it from there cause i used it too much.
thank you in advance
Archy
Either wait until the limit is gone or read up on how to circumvent the daily limit of mega in another thread here on F95.

Reactions: Archy

Sarge6669

May 12, 2020
so, complete noob question (as i have never used a qsp player before). how do i get it to play games and show the pictures?
the game i have downloaded has the game file (which i was able to figure out how to run it myself), and a folder for images, but even after doing the usual "make sure they are both in the same folder" shtick it still did not work. tried looking for a tutorial, cant find one. so i ask here

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
so, complete noob question (as i have never used a qsp player before). how do i get it to play games and show the pictures?
the game i have downloaded has the game file (which i was able to figure out how to run it myself), and a folder for images, but even after doing the usual "make sure they are both in the same folder" shtick it still did not work. tried looking for a tutorial, cant find one. so i ask here
This is outside of the scope of this player but i try to answer anyways:

Usual structure in qsp games is like this:
DRIVE:\GAMEDIRECTORY
The game file is usually some file ending in .qsp which has to be in the GAMEDIRECTORY
All other folders are usually sub-folders of the GAMEDIRECTORY.
You either associate the qsp-player directly to open qsp files or start the player and then run the game file.
Nothing special has to be set or switched on to show images. If nothing is shown it is usually because the path for the image files in the game file isnt matching the directory structure you have created (easy to spot if no image at all is shown on any of the pages in the game).

eorclus

Dec 21, 2017
Sonnix I think you may want to change your Dockerfile for a little bit in package name, since arch now use zst compression instead of xz

shark_inna_hat

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2018
Any chance for a different mirror? Downloaded 5x in the last hour, with failed - network error each time after hiting 100%, MEGA just won't work for me.

Reactions: rahulyo