Tool QSP QSP Player With Video Support Written In Qt

den_saga

Dec 31, 2017
Sometimes I like to edit some dialogue in qsp games. Like put lines that sound right to me. Before i was able to do this, but now I can't seem to save changes anymore. Every time I press save after I'm done, nothing happens. Also I try to change the fonts on QGen to make them a bit bigger too see, but that the fonts changes size and QGen switches to the Russian language.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Sometimes I like to edit some dialogue in qsp games. Like put lines that sound right to me. Before i was able to do this, but now I can't seem to save changes anymore. Every time I press save after I'm done, nothing happens. Also I try to change the fonts on QGen to make them a bit bigger too see, but that the fonts changes size and QGen switches to the Russian language.
That would be an issue with QGEN and has no relation to this player actually - both are totally separate programmes. If QGEN has changed behaviour all the sudden you must have changed something to make that happen. Are you using the regular QGEN (version 4.0 i think it is) or do you use the QT version floating around somewhere?

Alcatsa

Nov 5, 2017
So I'm playing Girl life 7.5.1. as soon as I have watched one video works just fine the next time there should be a video it dosen't show. If I have save just before close down Qqsp and restart it the video that diden't play will play. Same thing happens if it plays a video and then you load a save file. It works fine with teh Qsp play that came with Girl Life in the download but I like Sonnix Qqsp so I would like to get it to work.
I wounder if anyone else has the same problem?

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
Anyone got a video test qsp lying around to see if it works right?
My PC may have issues, but am unsure what it's lacking..

shuiko

Oct 6, 2019
how come Connix QQSP has no sound options? also can't resize windows properly like original QSP Play version.

EDIT: nvm figure out the resizing issue. But there's no sound volume option.. very weird?

Edit 2: okay well i found it under settings-options- sound as a slide bar. TBH sort of weird its not an toolbar option i guess, but w/e got it to work thanks for the update!

Last edited:
Reactions: toolkitxx

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
is there a newer version?
No - 1.9 is still the latest. So far updates only occurred when there where newer versions of QT that either allowed for more fancy stuff or required an update due to changed base funtionality. As far as i am informed neither is the case currently - so we are up to date :)

Reactions: crmsn7

Sonnix

Dec 25, 2017
is there a newer version?
There were no bug reports or feature requests for a new version. So right now 1.9 is the latest. The base functionality supports everything classic player supported so there are no plans to make any major changes. The main purpose was to remain compatible with existing games.
If you want something specific in a new version then you can ask for features or report bugs.

Most problems with video are related to problems in WebEngine. I think there is a new Qt release with updated WebEngine planned for the end of this month. If I have time maybe I will make a new build and see if it solves any problems.

crmsn7

Aug 7, 2016
Oh nice. A nice additional feature would be to automatically create a save folder where the game was and auto save there.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Oh nice. A nice additional feature would be to automatically create a save folder where the game was and auto save there.
Well - this requires kind of an answer actually.
There is no real autosave in qsp. The player itself never triggers anything automatically - thus there is no player triggered autosave either. Autosaving would/should be a feature of the application itself as saving the state of the game often requires some extra work on the code side to ensure game integrity at load stage again.
As of the folder: that can and could be done by the application as well. But keep in mind: main feature of Sonnix's work was always to ensure backwards compatibility with older applications written in qsp and those most often never looked for any other path for their saves either. In terms of functionality and usability in an application i am personally completely with you btw ;)

Reactions: crmsn7

lerwing

Jun 12, 2020
when loading a save, the graphic part of inventory items disappears addobj $str_19, 'pictures/int/bag_. png'
in the classic works, if you save it in the classic and then open it with this player, it also works, but if you save it from this player and then open it with any other, the images disappear.
I conclude that the player when saving the player does not prescribe additional parameters of the block of objects obj they are simply not in the save file.

Reaver

May 31, 2017
Hi all, Im having an issue getting QSP to run on Win 10. It gives me this error, "QSP\Qqsp-1.9.0-win64\Qt5Widgets.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status."

any advice?
Thx

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
when loading a save, the graphic part of inventory items disappears addobj $str_19, 'pictures/int/bag_. png'
in the classic works, if you save it in the classic and then open it with this player, it also works, but if you save it from this player and then open it with any other, the images disappear.
I conclude that the player when saving the player does not prescribe additional parameters of the block of objects obj they are simply not in the save file.
Without going into detail regarding your specific example:
Backwards compatibility means that Sonnix's player will run older games just as they where supposed to run. I have tested that with quite a number of older games and every single one worked fine. Saving in a newer version of a player and then trying to load that in an older version and expecting it to work is simply not a smart move. I actually have a hard time to see the logic behind doing it to begin with.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Hi all, Im having an issue getting QSP to run on Win 10. It gives me this error, "QSP\Qqsp-1.9.0-win64\Qt5Widgets.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status."

any advice?
Thx
1.9 has been running fine on my system since the beginning. I suggest you do what the error message suggests: reinstall. Since its basically a raw copy files i highly suggest to clean the old version completely and unpack again into a new directory. If the error persists then you should download the package again - probably a corrupt file then when you downloaded before.

Reactions: Reaver

Reaver

May 31, 2017
1.9 has been running fine on my system since the beginning. I suggest you do what the error message suggests: reinstall. Since its basically a raw copy files i highly suggest to clean the old version completely and unpack again into a new directory. If the error persists then you should download the package again - probably a corrupt file then when you downloaded before.
That did it. thx for the heads up.

lerwing

Jun 12, 2020
Without going into detail regarding your specific example:
Backwards compatibility means that Sonnix's player will run older games just as they where supposed to run. I have tested that with quite a number of older games and every single one worked fine. Saving in a newer version of a player and then trying to load that in an older version and expecting it to work is simply not a smart move. I actually have a hard time to see the logic behind doing it to begin with.
I use Yandex translator
There are not many games that use images in the 'addobj' container. The player does not save the value after the decimal point in the addobj $str_20, 'pictures/int/dress_.png' string. To bypass the bug in the location LOAD wrote the code:

DELOBJ $str_17
addobj $str_17, 'pictures/int/pers_.png'

Neoptolemos

May 25, 2017
Besides the fact this new "Qt Quest Soft Player" handles the "center" command different while using tables compared with the "old" Quest Soft Player 5, which i don't see as a real issue because it's just a matter of getting used to. There is a more serious matter for me.

In the old player 5 whenever you placed a hyperlink to a website using "a href" command, this website opens in your default browser. In this new "Qt Quest Soft Player" however it opens in the players "main desc" window. With target="_new" added within the "a href" command which normally should open a new browser it doesn't do anything at all in Qqsp player.

For me this is a real pain in the ass as i'm working on a project with intro screens only using the players "main desc" window and during the intro i want to make it possible to direct people to a certain wiki. But because it now opens in the players main desc window instead of the browser and that's the only window open, it's impossible to go back to the project.

If somebody has a way or work around to get this working I would highly appreciate it if you can share the sollution. Just don't say use the players "action" window to add a back command because my whole idea is to have one single screen during the intro ;)

If this is just the way it is right now, I would like to ask sonnix to change the handling of website hyperlinks in the player to make it possible to open the hyperlink in the default webbrowser instead of the players main desc window.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Besides the fact this new "Qt Quest Soft Player" handles the "center" command different while using tables compared with the "old" Quest Soft Player 5, which i don't see as a real issue because it's just a matter of getting used to. There is a more serious matter for me.

In the old player 5 whenever you placed a hyperlink to a website using "a href" command, this website opens in your default browser. In this new "Qt Quest Soft Player" however it opens in the players "main desc" window. With target="_new" added within the "a href" command which normally should open a new browser it doesn't do anything at all in Qqsp player.

For me this is a real pain in the ass as i'm working on a project with intro screens only using the players "main desc" window and during the intro i want to make it possible to direct people to a certain wiki. But because it now opens in the players main desc window instead of the browser and that's the only window open, it's impossible to go back to the project.

If somebody has a way or work around to get this working I would highly appreciate it if you can share the sollution. Just don't say use the players "action" window to add a back command because my whole idea is to have one single screen during the intro ;)

If this is just the way it is right now, I would like to ask sonnix to change the handling of website hyperlinks in the player to make it possible to open the hyperlink in the default webbrowser instead of the players main desc window.
I struggled with the same issue and have to dig into my stack of notes for an answer to this. Cant promise anything though as those notes just developed a life of their own lately :)

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I use Yandex translator
There are not many games that use images in the 'addobj' container. The player does not save the value after the decimal point in the addobj $str_20, 'pictures/int/dress_.png' string. To bypass the bug in the location LOAD wrote the code:

DELOBJ $str_17
addobj $str_17, 'pictures/int/pers_.png'
Looking at that path i am almost certain that there is a missing slash there and that is why it doesnt work