RPGM WIP Quarta Knights Alumina and Tangel [0.0.2][Kudarizaka Guardrail]

xellos49698

Nov 4, 2017
Right I saw that as well, about the aphrodisiac gas (permanent) status effect.

However, from the demo, it was very easy to cure all the status effects.

I realize this is still early on in development, but I am hoping for more from this game, then the same as the two prior Quarta Knights games.

I express my same concerns in the comment posts.

If they are willing to go above and beyond to add real corruption and consequences to Quarta Knights Alumina and Tangel; I think they will have a truly special H game and sales will increase from word of mouth.

If they simply do what has already been done before twice, with 2 heroines, my feeling are that most people are going to look past the novelty and see the exact same game like myself and be very disappointed.

This is only my opinion, I could be wrong, and this game will still be a big hit with out the extra effort.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020
Right I saw that as well, about the aphrodisiac gas (permanent) status effect.

However, from the demo, it was very easy to cure all the status effects.

I realize this is still early on in development, but I am hoping for more from this game, then the same as the two prior Quarta Knights games.

I express my same concerns in the comment posts.

If they are willing to go above and beyond to add real corruption and consequences to Quarta Knights Alumina and Tangel; I think they will have a truly special H game and sales will increase from word of mouth.

If they simply do what has already been done before twice, with 2 heroines, my feeling are that most people are going to look past the novelty and see the exact same game like myself and be very disappointed.

This is only my opinion, I could be wrong, and this game will still be a big hit with out the extra effort.
Well, its true the experience may be better for a lot of people if the creator adds permanent bad effects in certain situations. I respect your opinion.

However I disagree on the part where the rest of the game is the same as the last two, cause he added a lot of new mechanics that ive actually explained myself in the quarta emerald thread. here is the link if you want to read it: https://f95zone.to/threads/quarta-knight-emerald-1-15-kudarizaka-guardrail.86280/post-13234593

And another good thing is that since this is only the demo of the stage 1, and the full games in the past have 4 stages or more, he may even add more unique mechanics for each stage, and this plus controlling 2 heroines, makes the game already more entertaining than the previous 2 combined. So i kinda doubt too many people would be dissapointed.

But dont get me wrong. Theres nothing bad about your suggestion, and it can work, but after all, its the creator decision and only time will tell what happens to this game when its fully completed.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Speaking of the consequences of being captured, I noticed that the amount of time you let them captured and completely corrupted seems to get you more bad status as time goes on (this has a limit ofc), even some of these effects are actually permanent.

For example, in one of the times I tried this I got the "aphrodisiac gas (permanent)" status, which cannot be removed by anything in the game for now, and this bad status does not even appear in the bad status guide menu where you can normally see how to cure all the bad effects.

I mean, im aware this is mostly because this is still a early version of the game but, theres still a great chance that the creator decides to add some permanent bad effects in some especific situations, as well as more bad endings since theres also a lot different defeat scenes for each girl. both when theyre alone and when theyre together.
This one, I think, is definitely just a bug. The Aphrodisiac Gas (Permanent) is a stage effect, not a baste, and just doesn't get cleared properly when rescuing a captive.

And I'll add in a little bit of my thoughts on the game. I think the formula works. Maybe also because of the work of translating Emerald, it's pretty clear there is a corruption system and it affects a lot of dialogue options. I think corruption as a narrative arc is a little bit harder to pull off in a game that is so heavily focus on the battle-fuck side of things. I wouldn't want long story sections, the short story is actually one of the things I really like about the Quarta series. The corruption is more subtle, but it's there and it works. The difficulty of unlocking that is probably one of the hardest parts of designing a game where sex is a loss condition. It's something I've been mulling with the difficulty mod for QK Emerald. There needs to be an escape route from a death spiral or else it just becomes a tedious and frustrating game, but this is quite difficult to incorporate in a way that doesn't also make the corruption solvable.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020
This one, I think, is definitely just a bug. The Aphrodisiac Gas (Permanent) is a stage effect, not a baste, and just doesn't get cleared properly when rescuing a captive.

And I'll add in a little bit of my thoughts on the game. I think the formula works. Maybe also because of the work of translating Emerald, it's pretty clear there is a corruption system and it affects a lot of dialogue options. I think corruption as a narrative arc is a little bit harder to pull off in a game that is so heavily focus on the battle-fuck side of things. I wouldn't want long story sections, the short story is actually one of the things I really like about the Quarta series. The corruption is more subtle, but it's there and it works. The difficulty of unlocking that is probably one of the hardest parts of designing a game where sex is a loss condition. It's something I've been mulling with the difficulty mod for QK Emerald. There needs to be an escape route from a death spiral or else it just becomes a tedious and frustrating game, but this is quite difficult to incorporate in a way that doesn't also make the corruption solvable.
Oh yeah, youre right about the permanent gas, I guess the word (permanent) made me run into conclusions to early.

Speaking again of the game, I agree with most of what you said, a lot of games that are battle fuck related struggle to work on this because sometimes even if the story is interesting, they take too long to let the player actually start playing or the mid story cutscenes while playing are either too long or too boring to see, so I love how the quarta games always tried to keep the complexity of the story as short and clear to understand as much as possible so the player can enjoy both the story and the gameplays.

This also happens to the difficulty or the corruptions parts where things get even harder to work, a lot of games with battle fuck I really like falled to the swarm of "too easy" comments and some fans also created their own difficulty mods.

the thing is. theres kinda like a "civil war" but not literally, more like mixed opinions on many fanbases about the difficulty on this kind of games; some people want a challenging gameplay as a plus of the sexy parts, some people want to see all the possible sexy scenes as fast as possible so they want the walktrough to be easy, and some people kinda have a mix of both of them, like us. So the big problem with this happens not only to the game itself but also how people react to it in a good or bad way.

And add this the japanese, english, spanish and other language divisions of the fanbases, which makes the opinions get mixed even more.

It all depends on how the fanbases reacts to the game and if the creator agrees with their opinions or not, because sometimes, a lot of games make this mechanics work perfectly but still get badly criticized by fans who seems to care more about their own perception of the game than the creators intention on his creation and how he communicates with it. this situation its kinda weird.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Oh yeah, youre right about the permanent gas, I guess the word (permanent) made me run into conclusions to early.

Speaking again of the game, I agree with most of what you said, a lot of games that are battle fuck related struggle to work on this because sometimes even if the story is interesting, they take too long to let the player actually start playing or the mid story cutscenes while playing are either too long or too boring to see, so I love how the quarta games always tried to keep the complexity of the story as short and clear to understand as much as possible so the player can enjoy both the story and the gameplays.

This also happens to the difficulty or the corruptions parts where things get even harder to work, a lot of games with battle fuck I really like falled to the swarm of "too easy" comments and some fans also created their own difficulty mods.

the thing is. theres kinda like a "civil war" but not literally, more like mixed opinions on many fanbases about the difficulty on this kind of games; some people want a challenging gameplay as a plus of the sexy parts, some people want to see all the possible sexy scenes as fast as possible so they want the walktrough to be easy, and some people kinda have a mix of both of them, like us. So the big problem with this happens not only to the game itself but also how people react to it in a good or bad way.

And add this the japanese, english, spanish and other language divisions of the fanbases, which makes the opinions get mixed even more.

It all depends on how the fanbases reacts to the game and if the creator agrees with their opinions or not, because sometimes, a lot of games make this mechanics work perfectly but still get badly criticized by fans who seems to care more about their own perception of the game than the creators intention on his creation and how he communicates with it. this situation its kinda weird.
Yeah, I always go back to this maybe apocryphal story about a dev team that made an FPS with an AI that actively employed flanking and suppression. They thought, "people will love this realistic sim" and instead all their alpha players got wildly frustrated because the AI was outsmarting them. Getting difficulty right becomes a tight balancing act that has as much to do with player preference as good design. Really hard to get it right even for your own feelings, let along predicting how a player will react.

xellos49698

Nov 4, 2017
Thankfully the difficulty for Quarta Knights is very adjustable, it one of the reason why combat is so good. The Stun Lock problem though has always been an issue.

I think the best way to address this would be H abilities or special items for corrupted players, like you can gain a skill or item that will allow the player the ability to choose to shake off an orgasm from pure will power.

angr8

Mar 20, 2022
Thankfully the difficulty for Quarta Knights is very adjustable, it one of the reason why combat is so good. The Stun Lock problem though has always been an issue.

I think the best way to address this would be H abilities or special items for corrupted players, like you can gain a skill or item that will allow the player the ability to choose to shake off an orgasm from pure will power.
I find using magic when restrained (looking at you, nova strike) makes grappling a lot less punishing. It doesn't require to free yourself to be cast (which is difficult against certain enemies). That + managing estrus, clothing and aphrodisiac after each battle, usually is enough to win.

Only in the second game you might softlock yourself at the third stage if you happen to receive a certain bad status which requires lvl 3 to be beaten to cure.

Reactions: xellos49698

xellos49698

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, falling back on magic to defeat enemies certainly works as well. I usually hack the game too, just thought it would be kind of cool if you could naturally ignore the stun lock with enough corruption.