4.10 star(s) 47 Votes

whosthatguy

Feb 25, 2018
Can someone please upload 0.4
Good luck with that. There's only around three dozen people who have it, and I don't think any are on this forum (I asked if anyone tried it out and got no response.) I accept that backers should get the update ahead of everyone else, but more than two weeks is a tad excessive.

DPMaker

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Good luck with that. There's only around three dozen people who have it, and I don't think any are on this forum (I asked if anyone tried it out and got no response.) I accept that backers should get the update ahead of everyone else, but more than two weeks is a tad excessive.
0.4 isn't complete yet. I have an early version up right now just so my Patrons don't think I'm not working on the game. I'm busy with school, I'm about to graduate in 2 weeks and the goal is to finish 0.4 by the end of the month.

Reactions: Eoin

DPMaker

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
The patreon page for DPMaker is now blank. Is that a glitch or is it gone?
Glitch brother. Someone asked me earlier, but they said they fixed it and it was just a bug. I'm not too sure what's going on.

bearclaw01234

Mar 13, 2018
Thought ye all might want to know- there's a v0.4.0a on svscomics.com from the uploader alexx on there ( )

I also mention it so DPMaker might also want to check it out (I'd rather not step on anyone's toes, especially not the creator lol).

whosthatguy

Feb 25, 2018
The main site now has 0.4.0a released as well as patch notes for 0.5.0a.

The added content for 0.4.0a is good, extra quests for Scarlett and such, adding in sex scenes again, and the witch's stamina potions are a good money sink (or even QOL - Scarlett starts out with not much stamina) but some of the interface changes are annoying. The "level up" graphic is way too intrusive now, and all the text boxes "open up" instead of just show up immediately. Not sure why he thought that was a good idea.

0.5.0a appears to be adding minigames. I was hoping for actual character images. Apart from the girls, Leon and Geoff, everyone is just a placeholder image. Adding those character images would go a long way to making it look like a game.

BillyMcBillyson

Sep 16, 2017
I'll concur with the level up graphic being what you claimed it to be. Perhaps an adjustment on the opacity and a decrease of the picture size would be adequate improvements.

Minigames are a difficult chore to construct as DP will have to account for the difficulty, the reward, and the entertainment value. There would be no need to include minigames that tarnish the experience rather than enhance it. As long as ample focus is appropriated the minigames should distract sufficiently until more artwork is completed.

If I recall correctly DP is foremost an animator that uses Source Film Maker and is not as skilled with utensils. Pictures take time and DP only recently graduated from a university. It states on DP's Patreon that they will hire an artist to work on Queen's Brothel when they reach the $1000 dollar milestone, but that will require patience.

Reactions: DPMaker

whosthatguy

Feb 25, 2018
It states on DP's Patreon that they will hire an artist to work on Queen's Brothel when they reach the $1000 dollar milestone, but that will require patience.
Someone made a community post on Patreon congratulating him on hitting $100, and that was in Dec. 2014. In the more than three years since, he hasn't even hit $200. So right now, that $1000 goal seems unattainable. Why? Because it doesn't look like a game. The gameplay might be great, but graphics do matter, and when it looks like a skeleton or tech demo, people won't be willing to donate to that.

DPMaker

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Someone made a community post on Patreon congratulating him on hitting $100, and that was in Dec. 2014. In the more than three years since, he hasn't even hit $200. So right now, that $1000 goal seems unattainable. Why? Because it doesn't look like a game. The gameplay might be great, but graphics do matter, and when it looks like a skeleton or tech demo, people won't be willing to donate to that.
Hey guys everything is going well don't worry. I'm already talking to an artist that could help me remove these placeholders. I wouldn't be able to pay her for a lot of artwork with how much I'm making, but that's okay as long as I get pictures up eventually. I have been a SFM animator for 3-4 years now. My patreon has only been for Queen's Brothel for 4 months now. Anything before 4 months ago was for animations only.

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
graphics seldom matter if the bulk of the core gameplay is there, there are quite a few text based adult games on this site, the graphics are more of an afterthought. but graphics do make a game that is overall lacking in mechanical content. as a proof of concept I'm enjoying seeing what DP is making but as a game I really can't see it going past a proof of concept at this point. Sorry DP I know you are working hard and it's good work but right now it just reminds me of the old school flash games in the late 90's early 00's. I look forward to seeing it when you have it more fleshed out.

DPMaker

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
graphics seldom matter if the bulk of the core gameplay is there, there are quite a few text based adult games on this site, the graphics are more of an afterthought. but graphics do make a game that is overall lacking in mechanical content. as a proof of concept I'm enjoying seeing what DP is making but as a game I really can't see it going past a proof of concept at this point. Sorry DP I know you are working hard and it's good work but right now it just reminds me of the old school flash games in the late 90's early 00's. I look forward to seeing it when you have it more fleshed out.
That's okay. I think I've got a pretty solid game that I think people will have fun with, even if they decide to only play it once it has better graphics. I decided to not use Daz renders as graphics because I don't like games that use them, but if all else fails I could always go the 3D route because I'm already experienced with 3D posing/animating.

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
That's okay. I think I've got a pretty solid game that I think people will have fun with, even if they decide to only play it once it has better graphics. I decided to not use Daz renders as graphics because I don't like games that use them, but if all else fails I could always go the 3D route because I'm already experienced with 3D posing/animating.
regardless take pride in the fact it's consistently been good work and that you've built a good community around the idea.

spacetrip

Apr 1, 2018
Ok thank you for your fast reply. I asked this question because i remember a footjob scene with a client in a previous version.

4.10 star(s) 47 Votes