4.10 star(s) 16 Votes

Bloodyryss

Apr 9, 2017
wonky Controls + Hard Gameplay = Crappy Game ... I mean the Art and Animations are nice but the Weapons + the Controls are wonky and shit as fuck ... I stopped playing at the 3. Boss because its just bullshit with a bow you cant switch ... bad game overall

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
I like it but can you switch weapons? That orange boulder is absolutely absurd.

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
Fully unlocked gallery?
Finally a Dev that gets it.
I won't have to decrypt the game files to dig through images in order to find out if it's worth the time.

Kapios223

May 9, 2017
wonky Controls + Hard Gameplay = Crappy Game ... I mean the Art and Animations are nice but the Weapons + the Controls are wonky and shit as fuck ... I stopped playing at the 3. Boss because its just bullshit with a bow you cant switch ... bad game overall
Dunno man the game's controls are ok, and it's easy as fuck. Heck it also has unlimited continues that place you on the exact same screen you lost with full lives just in case.
The game is quite good gameplaywise in my opinion,and the pixel graphics + H content place it on the above average ones..

Stupidkiller

Jan 12, 2018
Dunno man the game's controls are ok, and it's easy as fuck. Heck it also has unlimited continues that place you on the exact same screen you lost with full lives just in case.
The game is quite good gameplaywise in my opinion,and the pixel graphics + H content place it on the above average ones..
They're very much not "ok". I can play around it and manage somewhat which is more than I can say for a lot of games, but I have to actively fight the controls sometimes which is the last fucking thing you want your players to do. The most ergegious example is the literal inability to jump while I'm attacking, which makes absolutely no sense on a game design perspective, especially in one that demands players to stay mobile and be aggressive at the same time.

Kapios223

May 9, 2017
They're very much not "ok". I can play around it and manage somewhat which is more than I can say for a lot of games, but I have to actively fight the controls sometimes which is the last fucking thing you want your players to do. The most ergegious example is the literal inability to jump while I'm attacking, which makes absolutely no sense on a game design perspective, especially in one that demands players to stay mobile and be aggressive at the same time.
? Jump while attacking? That's your problem really?
I finished the game without any problems whatsoever with its current control scheme and save for two of the bosses I had zero trouble breezing through it(and even those two bosses became easy once I understood their paterns),nowhere in the game did I have any trouble with mobility whatsoever and in no place did I find it hard to avoid projectiles or enemies.It's litteraly a two button system.

Lindazana

Sep 16, 2018
I feel a lot of the negative review from it is from people that are too egotistic to play on easy, cause they are "real gamers", but would cry playing some of the older roguelikes. This is the old-school style of difficulty, where the choices are "have fun" or "declare yourself a master of the game that wants a challenge".
That said, the game is really good. The jumping did irritate me a little, but that's because it does something VERY few games do these days, and make it so that once airborne, you don't get to control your movement, momentum does, like real life (other than the double jump, that is)

I only ran into two real issues, both near the end.
At the final screen of the gargoyle chase scene, either the game glitched, and didn't spawn distraction monsters like it should have, or the game expects you to jump constantly foreward, turn around and shoot, then turn back around before landing, perfectly every jump to make it stagger till reaching the breakable block.
And secondly, at the very end of the final fight, I had to restart cause the npc you were supposed to stand next to near the boss to do a thing with derped out and was stuck walking right into the far wall.

I will agree the naga-wolf boss is extremly tedious to fight, unless you toss and hit with all the floor mats (which block the fireballs from above, and do a lot of damage), before they can break in the chaos of the battle.
The bow is actually the ultimate cheese weapon for most fights. if you draw back the string, and release it the instant you hear a tiny chime sound it launches an explosive arrow that does stupid amounts of damage, without any shot limit other than skill in timing.
For the levels, go with the whip-thing if you can in most instances, it does huge damage, attacks very fast, and can easily be used while jumping to wreck face. just be absolutely sure to swap to the card or bow before fighting bosses, as bosses seem to have some sort of invincibility frames, and often limited locations to deal damage (the naga-wolf only seems to be hurt if you attack her upper half, for example).
Edit: the axe is pretty meh for everything other than cheesing enemies through floors/roofs, and the boulder is almost more of a trap than help. It's super slow to use and can hurt you if you aren't careful. ...it can be fun in some places though. And the card/seal weapon seems to be what most the game is balanced around. Nothing fancy, but no real drawbacks either.

Reactions: ORGM

Stupidkiller

Jan 12, 2018
? Jump while attacking? That's your problem really?
I finished the game without any problems whatsoever with its current control scheme and save for two of the bosses I had zero trouble breezing through it(and even those two bosses became easy once I understood their paterns),nowhere in the game did I have any trouble with mobility whatsoever and in no place did I find it hard to avoid projectiles or enemies.It's litteraly a two button system.
The fact the game only has two buttons and doesn’t work flawlessly makes it fucking worse. I’m certain I can beat it eventually, but I have zero interest to do so bothering with shit controls like that since it turns it into a slog most of the time. I beat the Minotaur then just headed to the gallery for the excellent animations.

Your entire argument is “I beat it so it’s not that bad”, which completely fails to address the main issue I have.

dbomb

Jul 22, 2017
Eh for me this game is okay. Its suprisingly nostalgic what with the airship level being very similar to the thunderfox's airship level. The gameplay is great but weapons are imbalanced and its difficult to understand when each weapon is useful. The standard miko staff is so good that it trivializes most of the game (it can kill golems, it ends bosses except for the lamia and final boss's last form and it deflects projectiles with ease). The other weapons are situational (the boulder weapon, the bow and the hatchet) or very weak but versatile (the talisman would be much better weapon if it hit harder, didn't have a 3 projectile limit and could you know shoot diagonal like in contra?).

The hentai aspect of the game is well done and its better optimized than the R15 version. I have hit several soft-locks, getting blown up while completing a level (likely to happen in the gargoyle boss) will softlock, the final boss's last form softlocks whenever I try to get out of the vore attack and the gargoyle chase requires near perfect play to survive and can randomly softlock if you get caught at the same time a goblin girl gets caught. The game is also very buggy and crash heavy if you are low on ram and play on with a "legit" copy of the game. The cracked version works fine aside from the softlocks.

• Sad
Reactions: falafelswoop

Redstore997

Mar 25, 2018
Okay, asking the "important" questions now. Does someone have the BGM Files converted? I want to have Background Music from the Stage 2 Boss Fight, but the ogg Files in the Resources Folder are somewhat encrypted.

Foxe

Aug 6, 2017
Yup. This game is fantastic. Controls are on point. Gameplay is awesome. Sound is great. And hell, it even turned into a pretty decent story. Reminiscent of Ghouls n Ghosts, this game is 100% my thing.

Reactions: NJ

joeys88

Oct 10, 2017
there's one area where there's none :|
You gotta be pretty active on that one, do lots of jumps forward while firing backwards. Every now and then the hits stun the gargoyle briefly. Once you get to the bomb rock thing it should be mostly clear til the bomb jump.

Reactions: d_blade

d_blade

Mar 20, 2019
You gotta be pretty active on that one, do lots of jumps forward while firing backwards. Every now and then the hits stun the gargoyle briefly. Once you get to the bomb rock thing it should be mostly clear til the bomb jump.
thanks

4.10 star(s) 16 Votes