Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
On a different note, how do you guys feel about William? He's an asshole and its strange but i kinda .. like him? I enjoy the sharp witted banter between the mc and him.

And even tho he seems to lack empathy but his actions are still fair, he doesnt likes the mc but in the end still is up for advertising the project. He dislikes the mc but it doesnt cloud his judgement and in the end he does whats best for the university.

And to be fair we cant really judge the MC's work ethic before the lily accident but we got various hints that he seemed to lack some motivation or drive to really reach his potential.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
On a different note, how do you guys feel about William? He's an asshole and its strange but i kinda .. like him? I enjoy the sharp witted banter between the mc and him.

And even tho he seems to lack empathy but his actions are still fair, he doesnt likes the mc but in the end still is up for advertising the project. He dislikes the mc but it doesnt cloud his judgement and in the end he does whats best for the university.

And to be fair we cant really judge the MC's work ethic before the lily accident but we got various hints that he seemed to lack some motivation or drive to really reach his potential.
I want to say I'm natural I see him as an necessary character. I get he is suppose to be a super serious character but I wish I found him a bit funny from time to time. But if something comes along that might endanger the project like potentially the computer someone tried to hack after he left the lab, I think he would be a bro and help as much as he can.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
You and I probably selected pretty closely with Allison - I've tried to be understanding and empathetic the entire time since MC is the one that cheated, but I felt like by the end of this episode it's pretty obvious on that path that the MC is doing literally everything he can to help Lily and Allison so any reasonable adult would lay off from the constant attacks given the circumstances but Allison mostly just continues to berate him throughout, so I have begun to pull away from Allison by the end of Episode 2, even choosing not to do the dinner date with her.

I do hope those of you on her route enjoy though, she's a cutie. :)
Her behavior towards the mc starts to change at the charity gala and is very different at the home dinner where they talk a lot about their past and memorys.

Another thing which i didnt saw mentioned so far:

They were obviously childhood sweethearts who married early and he was probably the only love of her life. The MC didnt only cheated on Allison. He disgraced her.

It wasnt just a hookup with a random girl while being drunk or something like that. Both the MC and Allision were supposedly a power couple at their company and higly renowned.

And he cheated on her with a cooworker who spilled the affair to whole office and used the affair to climb the corporate ladder. Everyone at their company knew about the MC's cheating on her afterwards. At this level its not only having sex with somebody else, this is a way deeper betrayal of trust.

Advocate315

Oct 17, 2018
You and I probably selected pretty closely with Allison - I've tried to be understanding and empathetic the entire time since MC is the one that cheated, but I felt like by the end of this episode it's pretty obvious on that path that the MC is doing literally everything he can to help Lily and Allison so any reasonable adult would lay off from the constant attacks given the circumstances but Allison mostly just continues to berate him throughout, so I have begun to pull away from Allison by the end of Episode 2, even choosing not to do the dinner date with her.

I do hope those of you on her route enjoy though, she's a cutie. :)
She was under heavy stress before her daughter got injured, coping with a divorce and working in an environment where she is a topic of gossip (her husband cheated on her with somebody in the same office and everybody knows about it), and now she adds the stress of trauma with a child. It is not easy. She wanted to move on with her life and put the MC behind her, but now she is being forced to depend on somebody she wanted to get past and, if you are playing it nice guy MC, she is being made to accept the fact that while he did something awful, he is not the awful person she wanted him to be. If he was awful this would be easy. So she lashes out because she is very stressed and her feelings towards him are confusing and of all the things she has to deal with right now, controlling her reactions to a man she has very difficult to parse emotions toward is the one she is willing to let slide because it is less important than seeing her daughter safe and healthy.

This isn't meant to defend her behavior necessarily as her ex-husband does not deserve the treatment he is receiving about this, but it is understandable. I actually like the way Allison is portrayed in this just because it is a good display of people being complicated. I don't know how much the creator intended with all of this stuff, but if you do the dinner date she gets even more complex just because realizing she might still actually love the MC is too volatile an ingredient to add to her entire life going insane right now.

Is she the nicest? No... Maggie probably is. Is she the sexiest? No, the spy next door or the college study group probably is. Is she the most exciting for the MC in game? No, that is probably the redhead Jasmine. But is Allison the most interesting? I personally believe so, yes. The spy or Maggie might be considered more interesting with all of the weirdness at play in their stories, but that feels a bit over the top in the drama and surreality to me. Allison is both completely believable AND interesting. That is impressive.

Side note: I really want this all weirdness from Natalya that seems so shady and industrial-espionage-y to be a complete red herring and she really is just a smart, sexy, foreign sapiosexual. It would be hilarious, but she'll probably try to steal the battery tech at some point and we have to either outsmart her or convert her to goodness and truth and the American way with our dick.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
She was under heavy stress before her daughter got injured, coping with a divorce and working in an environment where she is a topic of gossip (her husband cheated on her with somebody in the same office and everybody knows about it), and now she adds the stress of trauma with a child. It is not easy. She wanted to move on with her life and put the MC behind her, but now she is being forced to depend on somebody she wanted to get past and, if you are playing it nice guy MC, she is being made to accept the fact that while he did something awful, he is not the awful person she wanted him to be. If he was awful this would be easy. So she lashes out because she is very stressed and her feelings towards him are confusing and of all the things she has to deal with right now, controlling her reactions to a man she has very difficult to parse emotions toward is the one she is willing to let slide because it is less important than seeing her daughter safe and healthy.

This isn't meant to defend her behavior necessarily as her ex-husband does not deserve the treatment he is receiving about this, but it is understandable. I actually like the way Allison is portrayed in this just because it is a good display of people being complicated. I don't know how much the creator intended with all of this stuff, but if you do the dinner date she gets even more complex just because realizing she might still actually love the MC is too volatile an ingredient to add to her entire life going insane right now.

Is she the nicest? No... Maggie probably is. Is she the sexiest? No, the spy next door or the college study group probably is. Is she the most exciting for the MC in game? No, that is probably the redhead Jasmine. But is Allison the most interesting? I personally believe so, yes. The spy or Maggie might be considered more interesting with all of the weirdness at play in their stories, but that feels a bit over the top in the drama and surreality to me. Allison is both completely believable AND interesting. That is impressive.

Side note: I really want this all weirdness from Natalya that seems so shady and industrial-espionage-y to be a complete red herring and she really is just a smart, sexy, foreign sapiosexual. It would be hilarious, but she'll probably try to steal the battery tech at some point and we have to either outsmart her or convert her to goodness and truth and the American way with our dick.
This is pretty much how I thought of it for the most part when I replied to him earlier but man you are way better than explaining it than me for sure. I love reading detailed explanations that put mine to shame haha.

lonelyGillymen

Dec 10, 2021
I keep getting this when the texting scenes come up. Not to mention they don't show in the phone. I guess im just wondering is it just me or not?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script/episode2/ep2_scene9.rpy", line 886, in <module>
KeyError: 'v2s9veronica1'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script/episode2/ep2_scene9.rpyc", line 886, in script
File "C:\Users\MrMon\Desktop\RaceOfLife-Episode-2-Extra-pc\RaceOfLife-Episode-2-Extra-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\MrMon\Desktop\RaceOfLife-Episode-2-Extra-pc\RaceOfLife-Episode-2-Extra-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1049, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/script/episode2/ep2_scene9.rpy", line 886, in <module>
KeyError: 'v2s9veronica1'

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801
Race of Life Episode-2-Extra
Mon Sep 11 23:52:25 2023

Shaun@121

Aug 11, 2021
Race of Life [Ep.2 Extra] Unofficial Android Port + scrappy's WT&Cheat Mod

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 651mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

This link continuously sending me to other sites
So how to download from this link ?

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
I'd say the fact that Jasmine goes full slutty assistant mode during those two scenes very much accelerates her desperation for an answer. We as players know that while Jasmine flirts quite a lot with the MC, she cranked it way up while V was there. From V's perspective it looked quite bad and I'd say she had to make her move.

I haven't played a strictly non-Jasmine route yet, so maybe the flirting is not there, but on her route V's need for an quick answer is justified.
Thank god she didn't see the texts from Alexa. She'd make us change the phone number and get mad if we don't

2382dudubes

Mar 20, 2019
the game was really good till the coma part, i have never read so much condensed bullshit in my life LOL
Agreed, that was also my immediate reaction. I've seen (or rather was forced to) watch extremely shitty soap operas, and that plotline reminded me of those soap operas.

HunterSeeker

Engaged Member
May 13, 2017
I really like the interesting dynamic between the MC and ex-wife. When meeting the bitchy ex-wife, we find out that the real asshole is the MC and she's completely justified in the way she's acting. Quite frankly, she acts just like some of some users on this forum when they find out one of the girls in a game isn't a virgin. It's pretty funny.

Pi Quantum

Jan 19, 2021
I want Natalya to be everything she's hinted at, as we need an assassin to conveniently dispose of Freely and Wyatt without incriminating ourselves, can do a deal with her for industrial espionage to pay for Lily's treatment and get some secret agent pussy as a bonus. :devilish:

Allison's my favourite, but the competition is fierce. Its hard not to sympathise with Veronica (who surely holds the 'hot for teacher' award on campus), want to rescue the gorgeous Maggie or fool around with the students - although Alexa does worry me as a possible yandere stalker... My first impression of Jasmine was negative, just like Allison - but she really grows on you over time. Tattooed girls with piercings normally don't appeal to me in games, but her personality is so overwhelming that you barely notice them.

It was a very long wait for this episode, but I think many will agree that the quality of the game hasn't suffered at all, despite the huge expectations set after episode 1.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Might be an unpopular opinion seeing how alot of people seem to like her/think she is hot but the only girl in this game I don't want to have sex with is Kirs much rather keep her as a friend. Am I the only one

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022
Everyone talking about Natalya being spy etc. but ignore Alexa? Her father basically a capitalist tyrant, she knows all the wealthy people and she is good with investment, company stuff etc. she is very much into MC but shows that as she is just a slutty girl has hots for teacher maybe she is into MC for a different reason and hides it, whenever something happens with battery she is there and also stole MC's thumb drive with the research data and she is too knowledgeable about the topic. She is clearly up to something and all the slutty student stuff is a façade if you ask me.

P.S. PC hacking happened right after this scene, IIRC.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 171 Votes