3.30 star(s) 7 Votes

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017

Hey y'all!

I sorry for posting nothing this last year and I am so very grateful for those who still support me, even if they have no reason to do so!

I don't really want to write why I'm so silent, to give you the gist. I had some burn out, bit of depression, heart ache, trouble at work.

I started about half a dozen games/ideas, but they didn't feel right and abandoned them & Rad Science has trouble to find it's way out of my mind.
But about a month ago something wormed it's way out and I think it will be a nice little game.
Okay, so now to you. Please be safe with this virus threatening all of us. Let us be all mindful to each other. I wish for all of you the very best and to stay healthy and get through this.
With love,
S.​

So, it is abandoned for certain now. :(

Last edited:

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018

Hey y'all!

I sorry for posting nothing this last year and I am so very grateful for those who still support me, even if they have no reason to do so!

I don't really want to write why I'm so silent, to give you the gist. I had some burn out, bit of depression, heart ache, trouble at work.

I started about half a dozen games/ideas, but they didn't feel right and abandoned them & Rad Science has trouble to find it's way out of my mind.
But about a month ago something wormed it's way out and I think it will be a nice little game.
Okay, so now to you. Please be safe with this virus threatening all of us. Let us be all mindful to each other. I wish for all of you the very best and to stay healthy and get through this.
With love,
S.​

So, it is abandoned for certain now. :(
Not even gonna give it a second thought. In this message the dev admits to abandoning several games, because they didn't feel right, then says they are starting a new project. I'd put money on it that the future project gets abandoned, like all the rest. lol..not even gonna get my hopes up, and not even gonna start the game. If it gets finished, I may come back in the future and check it out haha

Reactions: Goku_Blackish

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
"I don't really want to write why I'm so silent "

Sigh... cool.
I'm giving up on this after 2 years.
"Burn out" is all it took, to be honest. That's the #1 reason for games to get abandoned. And, as an artist in both music, and painting, I get it. Burn out truly sucks. But, I still wouldn't expect people to stick around and continue to follow my work if I just stopped producing. That said...on with the future

I got me a case of the coronas (the kind that goes great with lyme..uh...lime lol), and plan on staying home a while. 0_O

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
These things happen, but the one thing that really bothers me is that Developers can pause or even cancel further subscription payments from being made on their Patreon site when they've given up on developing or are taking extended breaks... When they don't and the money just keeps coming in when they are not doing anything... That is technically a form of fraud... I'm surprised that fans didn't catch on and stop donating more so then they did, and/or reported the developer to Patreon when communications halted and production stopped/paused...

This is one of those examples I had mentioned in other threads, where a developer is banking on people forgetting they subbed or their willingness to try and hold on for as long as possible when nothing seems to be happening from the developers end...

Of course the developer is going to thank people a year later for continuing to pay ("support them"), because it's free money... They didn't have to do anything for it...

In any case, this is an example of "donator be aware" (donator beware for old school folks)...

Zip

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
In any case, this is an example of "donator be aware" (donator beware for old school folks)...

Zip
"Beware" indicates danger, and "be aware" merely calls attention to something...so the "new school version" (lol'd at that) is more accurate, honestly. haha

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I did donate a bit when I first heard of this game and I can't complain.

It has the ending I wanted and I did enjoy the content. I did stop supporting when dev went silent, I assumed it would be the end of this then.

Saw it coming but it's still a shame. While I got what I wanted from it including an adorable ending it had so much potential. Could have done so much more.

Nothing can be done about burn out though.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Is there any way that a new group can take up this project and potentially finish it?
They would need permission from the original creator. Also, would need all the old renders and files.
If not, they'd have to start the game over from scratch, and create all new renders.
It would take a LOT of passion for a game for someone to wanna spend that kinda time on something that wasn't even their creation. And even then, we wouldn't have the same game. It'd be just as well to create a whole new game, at that point.

3.30 star(s) 7 Votes