3.30 star(s) 7 Votes
J

JoanaStevens

i can say i have my 1$ pledge and i will keep it because i like this game

Denizen

Jun 5, 2017
That doesn't mean I like having my stuff stolen ;)

Better yet, those who pledge their $1, download the game, then delete their pledge oO. In bird culture, this is considered a dick move.
I know. Yeah, I know those guys who pledge, download stuff and cancel membership afterwards or input nonfunctional CC so they aren't charged

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
Pretty great so far, i didn't expected such good and interesting story. Especially love content with Sasha.

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
It's not the only news I found about this. If you develop good games, and if people like them, they will may(1) support you. So instead of worrying about piracy, focus on the contents, then you can make a name and enough money out of it.
(1) FTFY. I agree with what you stated but one doesn't necessary lead to the other, although it can if your lucky.

Maericke

Aug 5, 2016
It's not the only news I found about this. If you develop good games, and if people like them, they will support you. So instead of worrying about piracy, focus on the contents, then you can make a name and enough money out of it.
This is legit how i became a patron of about a dozen of these games. If i hadn't been able to play them first I would never have donated in the first place.

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017
It's not the only news I found about this. If you develop good games, and if people like them, they will support you. So instead of worrying about piracy, focus on the contents, then you can make a name and enough money out of it.
I'll have to agree with silver on this one. I think it puts the word out. Im developing my first game, and ive decieded to not even put it on Pateron.. Ill just update here. If people enjoy it, my name will get out there. Good devs will suffer because of pateron, that im sure of.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
That's the lie everyone tells themselves ;)

niva!
Can't be that much of a lie.

Without this site some of us wouldn't have heard about your work and you wouldn't have made any monies out of us.

I'm sure having something you've put a lot of effort being used by people for nothing isn't a great feeling and it may be little consolation but you are being exposed (hurr, sex reference ... I felt my IQ drop with that attempt at a joke) to people that may not have otherwise seen this.

Reactions: Dilettante

nuxofut

Jan 27, 2017
Take Akabur for example. Barely ever releases anything but makes 5.5k a month. The difference? Releases are free to everyone and of great quality.
5.5k a month when no one has to give him a penny.

Reactions: Uncle Grabby

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
Can't be that much of a lie.

Without this site some of us wouldn't have heard about your work and you wouldn't have made any monies out of us.

I'm sure having something you've put a lot of effort being used by people for nothing isn't a great feeling and it may be little consolation but you are being exposed (hurr, sex reference ... I felt my IQ drop with that attempt at a joke) to people that may not have otherwise seen this.
Exactly, this forum is basically the only source to found out about this patreon games. There is no other chances (at least for me) to found out this kinda games. And then play it, and after that support it or not. Other one i guess being "blindly search patreon" for new games. It's not like no one will support your great work. If it's really that good and people like it, many of them will support you anyway, in one way or another. Even your enemies "pirates" is not so bad, and even they support devs they like. It's better that at least all this people will know about your work, that it's even exist. The more the merrier in this case.

3.30 star(s) 7 Votes