Mod Ren'Py Radiant [v0.6.3] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
FYI

Some info regarding the next (pending) maintenance update can be found in the VN's thread here (I thought I was in this thread when I posted it and don't feel like moving it). Besides (hopefully) adding Havik79's request I've further provided detail in the Ch6 Hotel main choice menu block to let the Player know EXACTLY what scene will be presented depending on the choice (it works fully dynamically). Each choice within the block calculates independent of the others so each one may be different depending on the Player's previous choices.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Edit: The attached SanchoMod will retain the dialogue text just like it used to last year (on a per save basis). The Core was changed last year to accommodate a few VN's I was having issue with (like Return to Sussex) where there is a massive text size difference between default VN and default SanchoMod, and upon load the RenPy versions they are built on do not respect the setting within the save file (a RenPy bug in some versions). That's not the case with this RenPy version so me reverting it back to the original mod Core code works as expected. Give this a shot (DL and and drop it in your "/game" folder) and see if this suits you. Remember that once any SanchoOption is changed that the Player MUST advance at least one screen forward in the VN then save for the settings to actually hold (it's a RenPy thing, always has been regarding static variables).
Sweet thanks mate, that works like a charm.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Maintenance Update (Non-Critical)

Links in the mod's OP are updated accordingly.

Change log:
  • By request made dialogue text size adjustment recalled on a per save basis (it remains non-persistent).
  • Expanded ChoiceGuide for the Ep6 Hotel main choice menu to provide additional info for the Player as to which scene variant will be populated. Examples of this dynamic information (changes in real-time) can be seen here in the VN's thread.
Simply download and reinstall over existing mod installation, overwriting as requested.

Reactions: Havik79

runesaint

Mar 28, 2024
Downloaded mod, extracted mod, followed installation instructions... game starts, but hits title screen, freezes a moment, then crashes. What did I do wrong?

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Downloaded mod, extracted mod, followed installation instructions... game starts, but hits title screen, freezes a moment, then crashes. What did I do wrong?
Do this for me...and ONLY these steps (2 of them):

The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN and report back.

The "/game" folder contents BEFORE installing SanchoMod:
1711659881213.png
The "/game" folder contents AFTER installing SanchoMod:
1711659909664.png

runesaint

Mar 28, 2024
I did that (extracted blank Radiant, installed as directed). Again, started ...flashed to title screen without showing titles, then crashes. Only difference is my archive.rpa is 2,889,781 kb instead of the 589,076 that is in your screenshot)

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Only difference is my archive.rpa is 2,889,781 kb instead of the 589,076 that is in your screenshot
That's fine, I used the compressed version for the pic examples. Otherwise does the VN run unmodded for you (I'm assuming yes but you haven't said to confirm)?

runesaint

Mar 28, 2024
Yes. I have checked and it is fine. I even just deleted the files and folder (instead of new install) and worked fine.

That's fine, I used the compressed version for the pic examples. Otherwise does the VN run unmodded for you (I'm assuming yes but you haven't said to confirm)?

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yes. I have checked and it is fine. I even just deleted the files and folder (instead of new install) and worked fine.

English? PC? Mac? Linux? need more info. There's literally thousands of DL's with no issues so we need to isolate what's different in your case.

runesaint

Mar 28, 2024
English? PC? Mac? Linux? need more info. There's literally thousands of DL's with no issues so we need to isolate what's different in your case.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19045) English. Direct X 12. Let me know what to look up and I will let you know.

runesaint

Mar 28, 2024
Not sure if this will help - here is a copy of the log file w/o mod that started fine, and a copy of the log file w mod that crashed.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Goof morning (0630hrs here on first cup of coffee). Nothing in the logs shows anything wonky (even the RenPy version is correct) and I can see that you are indeed running an appropriate OS (Win10 is fine). Since you don't have or didn't post a traceback.txt file I'm under the assumption that this is not a crash but that the MainMenu of the VN, SanchoMod is telling you that the mod is not installed correctly and shutting down accordingly.

So, to verify, you stated your "/game" folder looks like the pic I posted here by stating: "Only difference is my archive.rpa is 2,889,781 kb instead of the 589,076 that is in your screenshot".

By stating this I'm assuming they are EXACTLY identical regarding the file AND folder contents of the "/game" directory and that you haven't "unren'd" (unarchived and decompiled) the game.

I cannot stress enough that it must be EXACTLY this way (the exception being that you might not have the "saves" subdirectory yet if you've never started the VN after a fresh install of the VN and mod). Also note that it is imperative that the "SanchoMod" subdirectory be inside the "/game" folder as well (it's included in the mod's zip installation file):
1711710715099.png

This is the mod's zip contents which also includes the "SanchoMod" subdirectory for reference. All files including this subdirectory must be placed inside the VN's "/game" folder for the mod to function correctly.
1711711158789.png

------

Given the above that I am assuming are all correct on your end from what your posts have stated, are you only seeing the title screen animation of the VN before it closes or do you get to the MainMenu at all?

For reference this is the ending of the title screen animation:
1711711491563.png
And this is the MainMenu if your installation if fucked up (it will notify you in two different places if it's f'd up):
1711711642507.png

Which of the above is the last thing you see before "crash"?

runesaint

Mar 28, 2024
And this is the MainMenu if your installation if fucked up (it will notify you in two different places if it's f'd up):
View attachment 3488642

Which of the above is the last thing you see before "crash"?
No, I followed the directions, and the intro showed, then the PICTURE for the main menu showed (without any text at all) for about a second then closing automatically.
But just in case...
Deleting the various folders I had made with the game.
Making new folder with just the zipped versions of game and mod. (screenshot1)
Extract both zip files (screenshot 2)
go to the game subfolder (screenshot 3)
copy the items from the SanchoMod over (screenshot 4)
run Radiant.exe

Tell Microsoft Defender Smart Screen to run anyway (screenshot 5)
see intro
get to menu screen for about a second (screenshot 6)
and it is gone.
I have to assume I am doing -something- wrong. All these screenshots are probably overkill but I don't know which one will or will not help. Thank you again, I am curious what I am doing or not doing.

• Hey there
Reactions: Sancho1969

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Hot Dog we have a wiener, your problem is your using a piece of shit software, get KIS and stop using fucking defender.
That is it, so simple defender is fucking shit, if you can make an exception, but seriously get a real security suite.

• Haha
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hot Dog we have a wiener, your problem is your using a piece of shit software, get KIS and stop using fucking defender.
That is it, so simple defender is fucking shit, if you can make an exception, but seriously get a real security suite.
Nope, that's not it... one sec for next post...

runesaint

Mar 28, 2024
I actually have another software and have it set to off. but then...why -did- the warning come up.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
No, I followed the directions
Well, now I see it... you did NOT follow directions per se.

Allow me to enlighten you to a very basic fact when modifying ANY software (whether it be a game or application):

ALWAYS apply a mod of the same version as the game/application installed.

In this case you have installed SanchoMod for Radiant v0.6.1 inside the VN Radiant v0.6.2

That's exactly where you fucked up. Versions of application and modification must ALWAYS correlate unless the author has explicitly stated otherwise... and I have not in this case ever. Make sense now?

BUT... if you are patient enough I'm actually porting the mod over to v0.6.2 as we speak... until then the mod's current version (v0.6.1) is ONLY to be installed VN version 0.6.1

Now you know... so you'll be fine now and in the future bud. Now, get it sorted and have fun... you and I have both earned it at this point :ROFLMAO:

runesaint

Mar 28, 2024
I apologize for my temporary idiocy, and thank you. Um. Should I delete my previous posts to clean this up, or leave it as a warning to future generations?

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I apologize for my temporary idiocy, and thank you. Um. Should I delete my previous posts to clean this up, or leave it as a warning to future generations?
Leave it all be bud... you are not the first and won't be the last. Shit happens but now you've gained some knowledge that will assist you in all of your PC usage going forward. Call it a win and move on, it's all good.

I have dozens of mods and I cannot tell you how many times this and other oversights from folks have happened. That's why the mod's Core is designed to shutdown... to help protect folks from really screwing shit up. And in this case it did exactly what it was supposed to... I just never asked you to verify the VN's version and that's on me.

I'll be back in here soon enough with the v0.6.2 update (once it inevitably leaks public).

Reactions: Havik79
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes