BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
*Sigh*
This guy. Considering a quick search of his name shows that he spends 80% of his time on F95Zone complaining about update speeds and delays for various games, I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel here, but I suppose I'll respond.
Ah, I knew you would come out guns blazing with your pals and insults. With the time you spent stalking my posts you could have spent actually working on your project! :LOL:

1) How do you know it didn't increase the speed of updates?
It's called logical reasoning SirD...After two months or so, you mentioned in your OWN dev log that you hadn't even STARTED on renders yet, since the writing wasn't done yet. Only in more recent dev logs did you indicate having started the renders, and we're already at the deadline date you set. Having more equipment wouldn't have sped up updates because it's your writing process that's held that up. You have tons of people on your F95 Polarity page complaining about your slowness and lack of communication. Alorth has even said elsewhere that you are "picky." You yourself have admitted this in other words - you should just own it.

I've told you before that I respect your process as a writer, but you deceive people into believing your updates will be faster with more Patreon $$ when that simply isn't the case. As I've said before, it's not just you - the whole Patreon system is flawed, and devs take advantage of that. In your case, more money for equipment isn't going to make you any less of a perfectionist with your writing. You can afford to be that way though, and to delay deadlines because that money comes to you either way.

2) $115,000 a year? :KEK:
Such a clever meme when you apparently can't do simple arithmetic? Since another user mentioned your other projects should be factored into update speed, then it's only logical that your patreon funds for Polarity/Neko should also be included. Radiant has been raking in slightly less than $6,000 a month for a while now. You combine that to your $1,600 for Polarity and Alorth's $2,000 for Neko Paradise and you get the $115,000 per year. Was that difficult, or do you need me to use a meme?

3) I'm going to provide you with a small tip that will serve you well in life: arguments based purely (or even mostly) on assumption... usually aren't valid (unless your ultimate goal is shouting logical fallacies from the rooftops).
I'm not sure you actually know what a logical fallacy is, especially since most of your post is ad hominem.

4) I've provided ~7 hours of pure story gameplay (aka no filler, probably more if you take into account varying paths), >85 animations, >3,250 images, >15,000 code blocks, >a full-sized (on the larger end) novel's worth of story, and much much more in less than one year as a developer -- my very first year, no less.

This was all while improving & learning, and working a full-time job (58hr weeks, then 36hr weeks, then back to 45hr weeks) for more than 9 months of that year. For Radiant I write the story, the scripts, the code... I handle the marketing and testing, I manage Patreon, SubscribeStar, BuyMeACoffee, Ko-Fi, Itch, GameJolt, and the various other platforms we offer the game on as well as social media.

For Polarity, I work on that game and do all of the aforementioned things 100% solo, with virtually no help, even doing the vast majority of testing on my own.

With all of that in mind (and various other personal things that you don't know, and probably wouldn't care about if I told you)... am I really going to have to listen to your entitled whining every time I visit the game thread? Because if so... then please, for the love of God... keep your "future money." I don't want it. I doubt Alorth does either.

Or is what I said here enough to satisfy your lack of understanding for how games are developed/armchair game development for the time being? Do I need to start writing a report on my daily responsibilities from the last year as well? I'm not sure if you got the memo, my guy, but complaining doesn't make games develop faster.
Your responsibilities in the past and time you used to spend at your other job is irrelevant to what we're talking about now. Also, nobody asked you to write reports on daily responsibilities...but add strawman to your toolbox of logical fallacies. You told people the next update would be in 3 months, and 3 months later you're nowhere near being done, and won't even offer an estimate now. You and your buddies telling people that more patreon $ would have sped that up is just not accurate, as per what I said before.

Yes I know you don't care about MY "future money." Why would you when you have hundreds of other chumps salivating at the chance to pay you without knowing when the next update is going to come? That's my whole point.

You're a fan of our games and I appreciate/respect that. I'm always cordial/respectful/friendly to players and communicate with everyone regularly via Discord. I don't want to alienate you or single you out --
Oh come on now. The intention of your post is to do exactly that...and really? I've seen you being patronizing AF to plenty of posters on here. Heck, you have an entire section/hit list on your discord channel reserved JUST for you to ridicule others that say things you don't like. I fully expect my posts to be highlighted there, if they haven't been already, so your cronies can come at me. Btw, I'm only being a bit of dick here in my response to you because of how much of a condescending dick you were in your post.

Now you've made me write this long response that's going to annoy everyone else. You can keep coming at me with your insults, and I'll keep responding, or you can make everybody happy and focus on that update! :LOL:

paul1983

Apr 11, 2020
*Sigh*

This guy. Considering a quick search of his name shows that he spends 80% of his time on F95Zone complaining about update speeds and delays for various games, I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel here, but I suppose I'll respond.

1) How do you know it didn't increase the speed of updates? Do you know precisely how much time we spent on the first one? Considering we both literally quit full-time jobs and Alorth was able to add a new PC to his arsenal for rendering I'd say it certainly helped.

2) $115,000 a year? :KEK:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3) I'm going to provide you with a small tip that will serve you well in life: arguments based purely (or even mostly) on assumption... usually aren't valid (unless your ultimate goal is shouting logical fallacies from the rooftops).

4) I've provided ~7 hours of pure story gameplay (aka no filler, probably more if you take into account varying paths), >85 animations, >3,250 images, >15,000 code blocks, >a full-sized (on the larger end) novel's worth of story, and much much more in less than one year as a developer -- my very first year, no less.

This was all while improving & learning, and working a full-time job (58hr weeks, then 36hr weeks, then back to 45hr weeks) for more than 9 months of that year. For Radiant I write the story, the scripts, the code... I handle the marketing and testing, I manage Patreon, SubscribeStar, BuyMeACoffee, Ko-Fi, Itch, GameJolt, a website, and the various other platforms we offer the game on as well as social media.

For Polarity, I work on that game and do all of the aforementioned things 100% solo, with virtually no help, even doing the vast majority of testing on my own.

With all of that in mind (and various other personal things that you don't know, and probably wouldn't care about if I told you)... am I really going to have to listen to your entitled whining every time I visit the game thread? Because if so... then please, for the love of God... keep your "future money." I don't want it. I doubt Alorth does either.

Or is what I said here enough to satisfy your lack of understanding for how games are developed/armchair game development for the time being? Do I need to start writing a report on my daily responsibilities from the last year as well? I'm not sure if you got the memo, my guy, but complaining doesn't make games develop faster.

But hey... tell me more about how "you know I'm holding up the update."

5) I've never "asked for money." Any support rendered has been entirely voluntary, and is on a come-and-go-as-you-please, pay what you want, when you want basis. The closest I've ever done to "asking for money" is setting up goals -- which Patrons asked for/requested. If you don't feel our games and our rate of development is worth your time or support, please save your money. I mean that wholeheartedly/non-sarcastically. That's the beauty of this system.

You're a fan of our games and I appreciate/respect that. I'm always cordial/respectful/friendly to players and communicate with everyone regularly via Discord. I don't want to alienate you or single you out -- there are others who say the same shit/complain (I mean... like 3 or 4 others... but go off)... but the last several comments you've made here have been nothing but nonconstructive and toxic. I'm doing the best I can, to the best of my ability.

So you tell me: what is it I can do for you to appease you? Release the update? Because that's the plan -- when it's ready. The thing about game development is you can't just snap your fingers and make that happen. The other thing is... if that we're possible we might actually make that 115k you estimated since, if we could just snap our fingers and push out updates we'd make a hell of a lot more..
very well said and i will be returning to work this weekend if all goes to plan and i will be fully supporting you cant wait for the next update

Reactions: Repuci

Alorth

The Creator
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Ah, I knew you would come out guns blazing with your pals and insults. With the time you spent stalking my posts you could have spent actually working on your project! :LOL:

It's called logical reasoning SirD...After two months or so, you mentioned in your OWN dev log that you hadn't even STARTED on renders yet, since the writing wasn't done yet. Only in more recent dev logs did you indicate having started the renders, and we're already at the deadline date you set. Having more equipment wouldn't have sped up updates because it's your writing process that's held that up. You have tons of people on your F95 Polarity page complaining about your slowness and lack of communication. Alorth has even said elsewhere that you are "picky." You yourself have admitted this in other words - you should just own it.

I've told you before that I respect your process as a writer, but you deceive people into believing your updates will be faster with more Patreon $$ when that simply isn't the case. As I've said before, it's not just you - the whole Patreon system is flawed, and devs take advantage of that. In your case, more money for equipment isn't going to make you any less of a perfectionist with your writing. You can afford to be that way though, and to delay deadlines because that money comes to you either way.

Such a clever meme when you apparently can't do simple arithmetic? Since another user mentioned your other projects should be factored into update speed, then it's only logical that your patreon funds for Polarity/Neko should also be included. Radiant has been raking in slightly less than $6,000 a month for a while now. You combine that to your $1,600 for Polarity and Alorth's $2,000 for Neko Paradise and you get the $115,000 per year. Was that difficult, or do you need me to use a meme?

I'm not sure you actually know what a logical fallacy is, especially since most of your post is ad hominem.

Your responsibilities in the past and time you used to spend at your other job is irrelevant to what we're talking about now. Also, nobody asked you to write reports on daily responsibilities...but add strawman to your toolbox of logical fallacies. You told people the next update would be in 3 months, and 3 months later you're nowhere near being done, and won't even offer an estimate now. You and your buddies telling people that more patreon $ would have sped that up is just not accurate, as per what I said before.

Yes I know you don't care about MY "future money." Why would you when you have hundreds of other chumps salivating at the chance to pay you without knowing when the next update is going to come? That's my whole point.

Oh come on now. The intention of your post is to do exactly that...and really? I've seen you being patronizing AF to plenty of posters on here. Heck, you have an entire section/hit list on your discord channel reserved JUST for you to ridicule others that say things you don't like. I fully expect my posts to be highlighted there, if they haven't been already, so your cronies can come at me. Btw, I'm only being a bit of dick here in my response to you because of how much of a condescending dick you were in your post.

Now you've made me write this long response that's going to annoy everyone else. You can keep coming at me with your insults, and I'll keep responding, or you can make everybody happy and focus on that update! :LOL:
Well we do have a patreon toguether just for Radiant because it's the only thing we work toguether for.
I haven't spent a single minute in Polarity development, neither did SirD in Neko Paradise.
I write the story for NP myself and I have testers that also help me fix grammar.
So summing up the value of all patroen pages is pretty irrelevant.
If so you could even sum up 15.000 more per year on my behalf on working for other developers as animator.

Having better hardware helps me greatly, I end up being able to make bigger and more animations, since the render time is reduced.
Last Neko Paradise update my staff rendered for whole 2 weeks just for a few animations.
And for Radiant 25% at least was rendered by my staff too.
There is just that much I could do with a computer with a gtx 1080 and a computer with a rtx 2080 ti.

Now I upgraded both computers and I have 2 rtx 2080 ti with NV link wich does cut my render time in half.
And I still have my staff right now helping me render animations because it's not enough.
One animation ends up taking a whole day at least to render for 60 frames even on the upgraded computer and having over 15 animations per month to render of course I can't keep up without the help of my staff or getting more computers.
Wich at moment I can't afford to get a new one yet even with all the income.
The computer I will build next is very expensive since it will feature at least 4 gpu's so I do have to save up for it first.
At the same time I'm waiting for the new gpu generation.

harem - king

Feb 26, 2018
Wow, it's been ages since I last heard of someone using SLI (it's called NV link now? That's cute) What a flop that whole thing turned out to be.

Anyway, if you'd done any kind of research you'd know that the Nvidia Quadro RTX 8000 is more in line with what should be your goal than throwing in 4 gaming GPUs in a box and seeing the futility that is multi-GPU usage in GPUs designed for playing video games.

Alorth

The Creator
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Wow, it's been ages since I last heard of someone using SLI (it's called NV link now? That's cute) What a flop that whole thing turned out to be.

Anyway, if you'd done any kind of research you'd know that the Nvidia Quadro RTX 8000 is more in line with what should be your goal than throwing in 4 gaming GPUs in a box and seeing the futility that is multi-GPU usage in GPUs designed for playing video games.
The rendering speed depends on the quantity of cuda cores, using a quadro rtx or anything similiar is just more expensive and less productive for me than using 2 rtx 2080 ti, the NV link just allows me to fuse the vram usage enabling me to render a bigger scene without the need to remove any characters that are not visible.

Quadro rtx 8000 = 4,608 cores and 5.500$
RTX 2080 ti = 4352 cores and 1.100$

So using 4 rtx 2080 ti is almost 4 times faster rendering than using one quadro and it ends up the same amount of money.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017

It's a powerhouse of a unit, that's for sure. BUT it does cost AT LEAST $5,500. Ninja'd by Alorth.
I can't help but think the bitcoin miners got to it first just to drive up cost like they did with the GTX 1080Ti.
(As a side note, that's practically what and unnamed electronics company did with their 4th Generation of home consoles; made a lower quantity of models to drive up demand AND prices.)

Reactions: Alorth

harem - king

Feb 26, 2018
No, it's a card that is specifically designed to do exactly what Alorth wants to do.

That's why it has 48 GB memory vs the ~11 GB of the 2080. It is not a video game card. It's a 'workstation' card, meaning it's used for professional work.

It's what the thing is marketed for, not playing video games:

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Game Compressor
Donor
Apr 2, 2019
No, it's a card that is specifically designed to do exactly what Alorth wants to do.

That's why it has 48 GB memory vs the ~11 GB of the 2080. It is not a video game card. It's a 'workstation' card, meaning it's used for professional work.

It's what the thing is marketed for, not playing video games:
It's marketed for rendering models of very high complexity and it's real world application is training of complex models in deep learning (preferably in a tandem configuration allowing for 96 GiB of VRAM). Still doesn't explain why the wife in Neko Paradise is so damn good looking...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

harem - king

Feb 26, 2018
I mean, I totally agree with you. Nothing that Alorth is doing should require it. They're not doing crazy high complex models with realtime/dynamic lighting and pushing the GPU anywhere near beyond where a 2080 would struggle.

I was just commenting on what Alorth said here.

The computer I will build next is very expensive since it will feature at least 4 gpu's so I do have to save up for it first.
This would be just about the dumbest idea and waste of money I can think of. Throwing 4 gpus in a box does not mean you're going to get 4 times the performance of that GPU. Multi-GPU efficiency/usage is extremely poor and will not provide anywhere near the benefit that Alorth might think it will. There's a reason SLI is dead. Please don't do this.

Alorth

The Creator
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
I mean, I totally agree with you. Nothing that Alorth is doing should require it. They're not doing crazy high complex models with realtime/dynamic lighting and pushing the GPU anywhere near beyond where a 2080 would struggle.

I was just commenting on what Alorth said here.

This would be just about the dumbest idea and waste of money I can think of. Throwing 4 gpus in a box does not mean you're going to get 4 times the performance of that GPU. Multi-GPU efficiency/usage is extremely poor and will not provide anywhere near the benefit that Alorth might think it will. There's a reason SLI is dead. Please don't do this.
SLI and NV Link are two different things, and Daz studio's latest update made NV Link compatible with gpu usage.
I wouldn't get 4 gpu's on purpose for it if I didn't knew exactly what I was doing.

Reactions: arglblargl and SrRK

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
Disclaimer: the below spoiler contains a lot of words and mild hilarity directed at BigDaddyDom. Avoid it if you're not interested in seeing me respond to pessimistic blather.
My two cents: I don't shit in pants of people providing me FREE STUFF.
If I don't like it, I say it, and trash the free stuff, complaining that "free stuff worth the money you put in".
If I like it, I'm happy to have it for free. If I REALLY like it A LOT, I thanks my provider.

Here: Thanks, dudes, game is catching enough to made me watching this thread and I'll for sure check for updates.

I also allow myself to say that such a game can be perfectible and/or have some defects. Because I think it's a constructive comment. However, it mostly concern heavily customized RenPy games, and RPGM games. For now, Radiant is not customized enough - no free roam for example - to let me think that such a comment would be pertinent.

I also allow myself to criticize the story and/or plot if a major flaw is seen, or if an interesting character is suddenly removed - or an useless/boring one is added. Here, girls are now teleported through a Stargate inside MC's house, Gracie is not an infiltrated alien and the Mom didn't greet MC with a blowjob instead of saying "Hello". OK, there is some "obvious" plot lines and a bit of Deus Ex Machina, but... Seriously, we aren't here to read Shakespeare or the new Agatha Christie. Some storyline's "flaws" are common and widely accepted, and it's worse in ALL TV SHOWS! Here, I don't complain.

I also allow myself to say that I'm impatient to have the next update. Yes, it's a free game. No, I'm not a patron. Yes, I'm impatient anyway. Main difference with some here? I don't insult devs for being "lazy slugs sucking patron's money for nothing". I'm impatient, period.
Like all of you were impatient to see the last season / episode of GoT, or for the less honest ones, to get this fucking 4k BD-RIP / AC3 torrent for the last blockbuster. I'm impatient because this game pleases me. And that's a compliment, because most of the time, I'm impatient BUT I don't piss off the devs with my "frustration". I learned to handle my frustration at 4 year-old, like all normal people, and I didn't forget how to handle it during the last 42 years.

Keep on the good work, dudes.

Bernd L

Oct 14, 2017
First I was like "Wohoo, an update". But then only bugfix :rolleyes:
Still a good game. Waiting patiently for a real update.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
My two cents: I don't shit in pants of people providing me FREE STUFF.
If I don't like it, I say it, and trash the free stuff, complaining that "free stuff worth the money you put in".
If I like it, I'm happy to have it for free. If I REALLY like it A LOT, I thanks my provider.

Here: Thanks, dudes, game is catching enough to made me watching this thread and I'll for sure check for updates.

I also allow myself to say that such a game can be perfectible and/or have some defects. Because I think it's a constructive comment. However, it mostly concern heavily customized RenPy games, and RPGM games. For now, Radiant is not customized enough - no free roam for example - to let me think that such a comment would be pertinent.

I also allow myself to criticize the story and/or plot if a major flaw is seen, or if an interesting character is suddenly removed - or an useless/boring one is added. Here, girls are now teleported through a Stargate inside MC's house, Gracie is not an infiltrated alien and the Mom didn't greet MC with a blowjob instead of saying "Hello". OK, there is some "obvious" plot lines and a bit of Deus Ex Machina, but... Seriously, we aren't here to read Shakespeare or the new Agatha Christie. Some storyline's "flaws" are common and widely accepted, and it's worse in ALL TV SHOWS! Here, I don't complain.

I also allow myself to say that I'm impatient to have the next update. Yes, it's a free game. No, I'm not a patron. Yes, I'm impatient anyway. Main difference with some here? I don't insult devs for being "lazy slugs sucking patron's money for nothing". I'm impatient, period.
Like all of you were impatient to see the last season / episode of GoT, or for the less honest ones, to get this fucking 4k BD-RIP / AC3 torrent for the last blockbuster. I'm impatient because this game pleases me. And that's a compliment, because most of the time, I'm impatient BUT I don't piss off the devs with my "frustration". I learned to handle my frustration at 4 year-old, like all normal people, and I didn't forget how to handle it during the last 42 years.

Keep on the good work, dudes.
Yes, yes, and more yes!

I am SO fucking impatient to play a lot of games on this site but I am not going to slag the people who are creating it. Most creators are hobbyists but even if they aren't it still takes a shit ton of time and talent to do what they are doing. Quality takes time and I will wait until the creators believe they've made the next update to the quality that they expect. I've never understood why people feel that ripping at people is acceptable or will motivate someone to work faster. If people are so impatient for fap material there are other games and sites that can satisfy that need.

Anyway, I look forward to all of Alorth and SirDammed's hard work either here or on other games. If I had one wish it would be that I could write a game with them, but I am fairly sure they have plenty of ideas of their own to work on. LOL

4.30 star(s) 270 Votes