CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Which markers is it actually hitting?
None, since Damned gives signs of life, here and there. It does deserve a slap on the wrist between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 and the abandoned tag, for taking stupidly long after amassing a crazy amount of fanbase only to update with 1,5 updates per year. Considering most of the fanbase is people who actually learned about the game and follow it here, it kinda deserved also having some backlash coming from here aswell.

And the game is not dead or abandoned, its just a massive slog as far development goes, mostly on Damned end. I do not like how Damned does things, especially how he radio silences for months, but I trust Alorth, and he would never be associated with this project if it wasn't actually moving forward.

Last edited:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
None, since Damned since gives signs of life, here and there. It does deserve a slap on the wrist between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2, for taking stupidity long after amassing a crazy amount of fanbase only to update with 1,5 updates per year.

And the game is not dead or abandoned, its just a massive slog as far development goes, mostly on Damned end. I do not like how Damned does things, especially how he radio silences for months, but I trust Alorth, and he would never be associated with this project if it wasn't actually moving forward.
Agreed. My point was not this is hitting markers but that damned polarity hit them all and it took ages for it to get the abandoned tag...

I stand by that this vn could hit every marker of abandonedment and it would be ages before it got the tag.

It's sad that Alorth's reputation takes a hit for this project as I do agree he is a good producer of content and steady.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Agreed. My point was not this is hitting markers but that damned polarity hit them all and it took ages for it to get the abandoned tag...

I stand by that this vn could hit every marker of abandonedment and it would be ages before it got the tag.

It's sad that Alorth's reputation takes a hit for this project as I do agree he is a good producer of content and steady.
I don't think there's anything special about this game or Polarity. I just think it takes a lot for mods to mark something as abandoned. The main problem, from what I can gather, is that the devs need to announce it as abandoned or it hits a really generous deadline. Ecchi Sensei has been without substantial update for two years and has barely made and status report posts to stave of the tag, but according to one mod, if there's nothing by April it gets tagged.

Not that I think that's relevant here. Long dev times aren't that strange. It's just the Patreon model has set expectations of frequent playable updates. Mainstream games generally aren't expected to work on every part in a linear fashion while making sure it's playable before moving onto the next story bit.

nytep

Aug 16, 2020
What the odd of this game is a money laundering scheme ? :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
I've said that before because it's so obvious but my comment gets deleted for being off topic every time.

This one will probably be deleted too.

If not tagged abandoned it should at least be tagged as on hold. They don't seem to be making much of an effort to make timely updates.

It should be fair to the potential supporters that this is something that has an indefinite release date which could include the possibility that it might never release a new update.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
This VN is missing abandoned tag
No, what this thread is missing is people who've read the f95 rules, since apparently large numbers of it's commentators have no idea what they say:
No matter if this vn hit every marker for abandoned the mods here would never mark it so. This one is protected heavily for some reason...
I just think it takes a lot for mods to mark something as abandoned. The main problem, from what I can gather, is that the devs need to announce it as abandoned or it hits a really generous deadline.
If not tagged abandoned it should at least be tagged as on hold. They don't seem to be making much of an effort to make timely updates.
As Naughtykutchy said, it doesn't matter that the time between game releases are ridiculous, as long as the devs post about their game somewhere every few months it doesn't get the f95 Abandoned tag.
Onhold: The game has been confirmed to be on hold by the developer.
Abandoned: The game has been abandoned (confirmed by the dev) or the developer hasn't posted anything related to the game for at least 3 months.
They gave a progress report at the start of March, put out wallpapers every month on Patreon & are apparently active on their Discord. So this game has never qualified as Abandoned, the only way it'd get one is if the devs requested it (no chance of that).

Talk of this game being 'protected' at f95 is nonsense.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
put out wallpapers every month on Patreon
That alone is not enough to avoid abandoned tag if there is still no update after 1 or 2 years, as we can see for Come Inside

Some games with big following are kinda protected up to some point. "Smaller" games get the tag more easily

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
No, what this thread is missing is people who've read the f95 rules, since apparently large numbers of it's commentators have no idea what they say:

As Naughtykutchy said, it doesn't matter that the time between game releases are ridiculous, as long as the devs post about their game somewhere every few months it doesn't get the f95 Abandoned tag.

They gave a progress report at the start of March, put out wallpapers every month on Patreon & are apparently active on their Discord. So this game has never qualified as Abandoned, the only way it'd get one is if the devs requested it (no chance of that).

If you think rules are enforced equally on the abandoned tags: I got a bridge in California you might want to purchase from me! I'm only selling due to the economy. Only mild usage by seniors traveling to and from bingo, in fact this earned the name "golden gate" Bridge

Seriously, it's ok to be a fan of a vn and not respect the way one or two devs do their parts. And it's OK to point out inconsistencies that are blatant to most...

Jun 11, 2020
No matter if this vn hit every marker for abandoned the mods here would never mark it so. This one is protected heavily for some reason...
Well, it definitely isn't the only one on here that's protected, whether it's protecting reviews or backlash, certain Devs have preferential treatment around here and it's unfair to the other Devs.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Well, it definitely isn't the only one on here that's protected, whether it's protecting reviews or backlash, certain Devs have preferential treatment around here and it's unfair to the other Devs.
I never claimed it was the only one.

And agree 1000% with your post.

I have a biase against this one personally because that damned dev and how all the polarity fans got fucked and are continuing to get the run around...

stevenSSSS

Mar 2, 2017
I've said that before because it's so obvious but my comment gets deleted for being off topic every time.

This one will probably be deleted too.

It should be fair to the potential supporters that this is something that has an indefinite release date which could include the possibility that it might never release a new update.
I almost support subscribestar since v.02 but now the answer is obvious.

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
I don't think its "protected", I just think F95 admins, mods or whomever decides to tag a game its enforcing the site's policies.

That's the problem, tho. Those policies should have been revised and changed a couple years ago to prevent a lot of shovelware to gain traction and keep poaching patrons here and there, prevent scamming aswell, which since 5 years ago has been having a rampart growth. Don't ask me what exactly changes could help, but I personally can't see myself support $10 per game I like, monthly, for a 6/7 month update cycle for 1/2 hour content, especially if it had a "Long update" tag.

And I think some games, even the not shovelware/scammer ones, do deserve some harsher treatments since its not unsual a dev roaming these foruns shitting on the site and the community, acting like this place is harmful to them when they were the ones that shared the game in the first place, when its the opposite and the site pretty much gave them the boost they need to have a steady source of patrons? Why would the devs care about a "Abandoned" tag sooo much if this is nothing but a "pirate site"? Because its more like free marketing/publicity site, even if they dont get every single download here into a patron, they sure get their fair share. What most devs want to believe is that they dont have 5 digits patron numbers because of "pirates", and not because their game doesnt have quality enough to reach those numbers and have a proper dev cycle.

As far Radiant goes, I doubt they'd have half their patrons if the policies here were harsher.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Every time I come here to read something about the game and its progress I only find people bitching about this or that.
Holy shit, just unwatch the thread and move on if you think the devs are milkers or whatever.
Criticism is good but this has turned into a toxic circlejerk.

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Every time I come here to read something about the game and its progress I only find people bitching about this or that.
Holy shit, just unwatch the thread and move on if you think the devs are milkers or whatever.
Criticism is good but this has turned into a toxic circlejerk.
Well, to be fair to the toxicity, its hard to talk about a game its pretty much 2 years old and has only 3 chapters, less than 5 hours worth of story and half of it its filler... yeah, let that sink in.

You see people bitching here because... there is actually no progress to talk about. You go to games like Being a DIK and you tell me what they discuss over that thread.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes