Cruiser80

Jan 9, 2020
People are essentially supporting nothing at this rate though. Just throwing money into the never never. It's their choice sure. But it's always going to invite criticism. Less Devs would be willing to sit on their hands while cash flows in if there were consequences.

Plenty of good Devs that deserve more and plenty that deserve far less in my opinion.

Cruiser80

Jan 9, 2020

First, let me just say I'm sorry that it's been a little while since I've made one of these. For the sake of not sounding like a broken record I try to keep them sparse but I sometimes end up losing track of time and waiting too long. So if you were worried or nervous about our progress on account of my relative silence, I apologize.
As always, we're working hard to get the update into your hands and we're pretty close, so this will be the final progress report I make before the release of Chapter 4. If you're wondering why it's been a while, just know that Ch4 is indeed the largest we've done for Radiant so far, and should give players at least 2-3 hours of new content.
Speaking of new content, v0.4 will include...
• The most renders & animations of any previous chapter.
• New songs and some custom made/very spicy sound effects.
• One of the biggest and most fleshed out sex scenes we've ever done.
• More lewd and sexual content than all previous chapters, etc.
It's my absolute favorite chapter so far, and I'm confident you will love it as much as I do.
Now as for our progress... I'm going to avoid doing what I did last time (for the sake of not generating too much hype or putting my foot in my mouth), so I won't give too many specifics (like a date). Just know that I'm in the final stages of the story, a good majority of the update has been coded (and the first half of it already tested), and a massive chunk of renders and animations have been completed. This means the bulk of our work is done and we're in the "last hurdle."
Thanks so much for being patient with us and you have my promise that it will have been worth the wait. Also, I love you guys and really appreciate all the support. After the release of Chapter 3, we saw our biggest peak in subscribers so far (over 1500), and while we've hemorrhaged a lot of people throughout the course of working on Ch4 I'd never cut corners or sacrifice the game's quality just because we lost a few people.
Also, I wish our Ukrainian and Russian supporters all the best, and I hope you stay safe in these turbulent times.
That's it for now. See you all again soonish and hopefully with some big news.

So, what happened?

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019

First, let me just say I'm sorry that it's been a little while since I've made one of these. For the sake of not sounding like a broken record I try to keep them sparse but I sometimes end up losing track of time and waiting too long. So if you were worried or nervous about our progress on account of my relative silence, I apologize.
As always, we're working hard to get the update into your hands and we're pretty close, so this will be the final progress report I make before the release of Chapter 4. If you're wondering why it's been a while, just know that Ch4 is indeed the largest we've done for Radiant so far, and should give players at least 2-3 hours of new content.
It's my absolute favorite chapter so far, and I'm confident you will love it as much as I do.
Now as for our progress... I'm going to avoid doing what I did last time (for the sake of not generating too much hype or putting my foot in my mouth), so I won't give too many specifics (like a date). Just know that I'm in the final stages of the story, a good majority of the update has been coded (and the first half of it already tested), and a massive chunk of renders and animations have been completed. This means the bulk of our work is done and we're in the "last hurdle."
Thanks so much for being patient with us and you have my promise that it will have been worth the wait. Also, I love you guys and really appreciate all the support. After the release of Chapter 3, we saw our biggest peak in subscribers so far (over 1500), and while we've hemorrhaged a lot of people throughout the course of working on Ch4 I'd never cut corners or sacrifice the game's quality just because we lost a few people.
Also, I wish our Ukrainian and Russian supporters all the best, and I hope you stay safe in these turbulent times.

So, what happened?
As he said this is the last update HaHaHa. It seems that the hit to the pocketbook woke him out of his vacation. Goading us into more subscriptions... iIf you want to see an update at all wait until there is an update otherwise he could ride this out until the last week. He's hungry boys and that is a good thing.

lolbenis

Nov 5, 2019
The rules are 16 months without updates and you get the Abandoned tag. They only add it earlier if the devs specifically state the game is abandoned. I think there are a very few exceptions but that is the general rule for all games/devs.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Not everyone takes Patreon donations for a year without outputting anything. Aside from those who use the “pay per release” model that Patreon offers, there are people who pause subscriptions during months where they can’t put anything out, and also people who punctually deliver content every month, as promised. I daresay that “paying months on end on some vague promises of future content” is not, in fact, the most common situation for Patreon subscribers, even though sometimes AVN devs might make it seem that way.

Settum

Jan 10, 2019
I am gonna be pedantic and compare artist patronage of the renaissance up to the modern, pre-internet era. Patrons would receive some small rewards, including positions on VIP lists, priority to sales and auctions, priority as clients, thank you notes and other similarly low work-time pieces of art.
Sportsmen (and women), often being more athletic in appearance, as well as more seen and covered in media, usually got similar patrons as sponsorship in return for wearing logos and publicizing their sponsors.
Companies have also paid scholarships, often with clauses of employment upon completion of a degree, yet not every gem becomes cut that way. The idea, although much smaller in individual scale, should be similar.

If you pay for a product, you get it, or you get a promise of getting it. I can support that line of thought.
If you pay a subscription for a continued service. I am quite opposed to that, but have done it in the past.
If you pay for the promise of a game as a subscription. That's just stupid. A $ 5 a month is 60 dollars a year. While paying 10 or 20 is double or four times as much.

Which is why, they aren't paying for the game, they are giving the artist (team?) a living so they can continue doing whatever they want. After a certain point, without needing to worry about working for 40+ hours a week or starving to death.

Gunzman7T

May 30, 2017
Look at the upside - you folks got to page 500! Now you can work on getting it to 1000!!
(everyone needs goals, after all!) Enjoy! ;)
500 of 1,000 pages
:KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK:..............................

Let's hit 1000 Pages!

This will let us know that you really liked the latest shitpost and help us enlist team members and resources to make the shitpost even better.

walker188

Apr 30, 2017

So, what happened?
First let ME just say I've never understood the obsession with this game. True, Father daughter doesn't do it for me, but to the people raving about the story or the renders....have you played other games here? Literally nothing about it is standout. Now as for the update itself.

How was he getting it ready for release if he still hasn't coded the back half? That's no where near release ready, late September at the earliest (if he was a fast coder, he's not), more like October.

Good luck to you all. I'll be watching with great interest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
Knowing that updates might be 12+ months apart, Subscribe when the update comes out, get the update, unsubscribe, rinse and repeat, that way it only costs you money when updates actually come out.
The more money lost from people who were consistent monthly subscribers, might motivate them to release updates on a more regular schedule.
Then you could subscribe monthly if they pick up.
Personally I don't subscribe to developers who have updates that far apart.
Generally games I like that have a less frequent update schedule, I will buy on itch.io when the updates come out (if they have a page there), or just wait until they release on sites like this.

Last edited:

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
But anyway, people have been waiting for this update for god knows how long now, so a few more days really isn't going to make any difference, lol
EDIT: Yes yes, more facepalms please, points out all the people who can't take a joke, lol

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2020
I haven't playd this game yet so i have no experience with it. Is it worth playing now or save for later when more content is in?
Reason i ask is cause as far as i know it was very highly regarded at the start, before the slowdown.
I am kinda biased cause it is literally in my top three games but yeah I think its worth it even it you have to wait a long time for an update...hell there are games on the site that are clearly listed as abandoned and they still get play because they were good up to the point they stopped getting updated so if you are willing to download and play those games then a game with slow updates shouldn't be an issue...try it out and see for yourself but I vote yes its worth it and I think you will enjoy it ;)

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
I am kinda biased cause it is literally in my top three games but yeah I think its worth it even it you have to wait a long time for an update...hell there are games on the site that are clearly listed as abandoned and they still get play because they were good up to the point they stopped getting updated so if you are willing to download and play those games then a game with slow updates shouldn't be an issue...try it out and see for yourself but I vote yes its worth it and I think you will enjoy it ;)
I mean when we are talking free
A lot of things are worth it

I mean I think Happy Summer looks like absolute Dog Shit but for free I would download it and see if it has anything redeemable. Because it is just as free to delete and never return to that thread ever again if I am unhappy with anything about the VN, the content of fetishes, or the developer practices

Free makes a lot of everything easier to just let pass. Who has time to be angry and come to bitch about everything anyway? I have a life outside of F95 as I am sure you do given your refreshingly carefree perspective here.

PEACE

4.30 star(s) 270 Votes