Sevaroq

Jan 6, 2021
Radiant [v0.5 alpha] Unofficial Android Port + Patch + JokerLeader's WT Mod

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 576Mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Yeah unfortunately the Taboo/True Edition patch doesn't seem to be working for this Android version. I'm getting "wards" and "caretaker."

Reactions: Jorjor69

Tatsuya2022

Apr 5, 2023
Number three should have the word "justify" as I've typed it (with the parentheses) and, although I don't generally see them because I have most of them on "ignore" you forgot the step "white knights jump in to defend the lazy ass Dev team and its lousy excuses". ;)
white knights ? which ones that one ?, they are Monkey Knights by now from ape planet.

Didn't hear about last shoot / excuse of developer ? he say he is putting an ammunition factory so he never runs out of it again

REEEEEEE troll dev and his ape followers REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE twice

• Haha
Reactions: faramata

Elinan

Jul 28, 2018
We're talking about the same dev here (Sir Dammed) that led on and bullshitted the supporters of his other game (Polarity) for around 2 years, promising that an update was coming, releasing dev logs every now and then ensuring everyone that it was going to be the biggest update yet and that it would be worth the wait and then just stopped posting all together in 2021 with nary a peep since.

This was still going on whilst he was working on this game with Alorth. I can't speak on Alorth's game as i've never played it and I have no idea what the dev cycle has been like for it. SirDammed however routinely promised that after a Radiant update released he would definitely drop his update for Polarity, that never happened and he never once paused payments on his separate patreon or anything like that. Hell his separate patreon is still up to this day, still with some supporters and a small amount of money coming in and he hasn't posted on it coming up to two years now. He's clearly given up on Polarity so why hasn't he closed the patreon or maybe refunded those supporters? Why is he still taking the money of the 69 people still supporting him on his personal patreon?

I think questioning the practices of these devs, and criticising Sir Dammed in particular is absolutely fair. Also, i'm sorry but that screenshot 'explanation' about why they can't pause the payments is embarrassing. If this and Polarity are his only income and he routinely delays and fails to deliver promised work then the money issues are his and his alone, it's not his supporters fault that he can't get shit done or that he's struggling because he's "sick". He'll quite happily take his supporters money while delivering nothing in return but balks at the thought of giving his supporters a break by pausing their payments or maybe even refunding them their hard earned money and his colleague comes in with the 'woe is me' story about how he might have to get a job in the real world if he doesn't keep on collecting your donations. Nah he's wrong for that.

Support him if you want, it's your money but don't make excuses for someone that clearly doesn't give a shit about you.

Apologies for the rant
Alorths games are actually pretty good, allthough the update frequence have gone down since Radiant. SirD on the other hand, polarity is a terrible game with terrible renders, it's no wonder he abandoned the game, but he shouldn't have lied about progress and stuff instead of just beeing straight up saying he abandoning the game.

Reactions: anomkarsa

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
Nah. The shocking thing is all the whinebabies that live here ranting and crying about it. Ignore it and move one, but nope. He lives rent free in their heads. Don't like his update speed? Ignore it til it updates, or just ignore it period. But: snivel whine, cry, snuffle, snuffle, snork. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

That's the vast majority of this thread. Yet, somehow, their entitled sniveling and flaming is never deleted for being offtopic or trolling. Funny that.
How exactly would it be on topic when the topic IS Radiant?

Reactions: Joshy92

Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
REEEEEEE troll dev and his ape followers REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE twice

REEEEEEEE!!!! *Metal noises* mdnkjsbadbajdmandbabfkaj TROLLL!!!! kjdskjsfkjbfhsbfkhsbf DEEEEEVVV kjbdakbjskjdbskjbfkjbs and his ape followers! REEEEEEEEE!!! What do I see? REEEEEEEEE Every fucking day REEEEE! Scummy Devs and the simp armies REEEEEEEEEE!!! Liars and Scammers jjbdjabdskabdabdhad That's what they arrrrreeee!!!!

I definitely need to work on the lyrics.

Elinan

Jul 28, 2018
The cycle of the Radiant thread:

1. Update drops!
2. Exhaust all conversations about the story and the future of the game
3. Whine about how long updates take
4. Laugh at any status updates that justify delays
5. Whine about the whiners
6. Repeats steps 3-5 until 1 happens again

Did I miss anything?
People visit the thread for the memes, abit like ICSTOR, kinda entertaining

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
We're talking about the same dev here (Sir Dammed) that led on and bullshitted the supporters of his other game (Polarity) for around 2 years, promising that an update was coming, releasing dev logs every now and then ensuring everyone that it was going to be the biggest update yet and that it would be worth the wait and then just stopped posting all together in 2021 with nary a peep since.

This was still going on whilst he was working on this game with Alorth. I can't speak on Alorth's game as i've never played it and I have no idea what the dev cycle has been like for it. SirDammed however routinely promised that after a Radiant update released he would definitely drop his update for Polarity, that never happened and he never once paused payments on his separate patreon or anything like that. Hell his separate patreon is still up to this day, still with some supporters and a small amount of money coming in and he hasn't posted on it coming up to two years now. He's clearly given up on Polarity so why hasn't he closed the patreon or maybe refunded those supporters? Why is he still taking the money of the 69 people still supporting him on his personal patreon?

I think questioning the practices of these devs, and criticising Sir Dammed in particular is absolutely fair. Also, i'm sorry but that screenshot 'explanation' about why they can't pause the payments is embarrassing. If this and Polarity are his only income and he routinely delays and fails to deliver promised work then the money issues are his and his alone, it's not his supporters fault that he can't get shit done or that he's struggling because he's "sick". He'll quite happily take his supporters money while delivering nothing in return but balks at the thought of giving his supporters a break by pausing their payments or maybe even refunding them their hard earned money and his colleague comes in with the 'woe is me' story about how he might have to get a job in the real world if he doesn't keep on collecting your donations. Nah he's wrong for that.

Support him if you want, it's your money but don't make excuses for someone that clearly doesn't give a shit about you.

Apologies for the rant
What do you mean, a guy who milked his supporters with a game and abandoned the project is doing the same thing all over again? Not to mention that when the development started to slow down on this game he started to blame Alorth for the delay when he meets the deadline with other devs? Are you telling me that this dev is actually lying and not telling the truth at all, that his work is normal to take time to produce, and other devs only produce more content and releases because they are magicians, unlike him?

What a shocker, I would never expect that at all. Never thought about that since nearly 2 years ago. Not even once. Specially after leaving a game abandoned before already, clearly not a red flag at all.

Elinan

Jul 28, 2018
here is a message from one of the devs explaining, among other things, why they don't pause payments

View attachment 2740784
so it's basically a charityproject? The nerve of some people.. Welcome to reality, you need to work to get money, it doesn't matter if you're depressed, ill, pain, you still go to work. And this guy even works from home, he can basically work in his bed with the right setup.

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
so it's basically a charityproject? The nerve of some people.. Welcome to reality, you need to work to get money, it doesn't matter if you're depressed, ill, pain, you still go to work. And this guy even works from home, he can basically work in his bed with the right setup.
To "work" in bed, sure.
To work out of bed, nah.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I like Radiant and I'm happy to support the creator for this project.

I know how easy it is for a healthy person to say - 'get up off your butt and get some work done' - aimed at someone who is not healthy or is experiencing health issues.

I've been on both sides of that fence and when someone is laid up in bed, it Is harder to get things done (and sometimes motivation Can be an issue).

I've had a family member who never recovered from a major health issue, and I would not wish that, and being bed-ridden - almost waiting to die, on anyone.

For those who have not experienced a bout of really bad health, congrats! For most of us - Father Time will fix that as the years roll by.

I hope that Sir Damned can recover from whatever has him on the ropes.

If he can, we will get more of an enjoyable VN, Radiant, at whatever speed he and Alorth are able to continue to create.

If he can't, then he has bigger issues to worry about than creating a VN for his supporters and those who expect to take it for free.

We lose too many good/great VNs due to dev health issues and other unfortunate life changes.

I hope that Radiant does not ultimately fall into this category.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I like Radiant and I'm happy to support the creator for this project.

I know how easy it is for a healthy person to say - 'get up off your butt and get some work done' - aimed at someone who is not healthy or is experiencing health issues.

I've been on both sides of that fence and when someone is laid up in bed, it Is harder to get things done (and sometimes motivation Can be an issue).

I've had a family member who never recovered from a major health issue, and I would not wish that, and being bed-ridden - almost waiting to die, on anyone.

For those who have not experienced a bout of really bad health, congrats! For most of us - Father Time will fix that as the years roll by.

I hope that Sir Damned can recover from whatever has him on the ropes.

If he can, we will get more of an enjoyable VN, Radiant, at whatever speed he and Alorth are able to continue to create.

If he can't, then he has bigger issues to worry about than creating a VN for his supporters and those who expect to take it for free.

We lose too many good/great VNs due to dev health issues and other unfortunate life changes.

I hope that Radiant does not ultimately fall into this category.
I am not against giving devs the benefit of the doubt, but in this case it's really hard. I don't even like the milking meme but he has a game that it's abandoned and he still has the patreon page for that game, active, despite the fact that the last update was 3 years ago and there is not evidence that he is working on that.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 271 Votes