Solaris33

Jul 25, 2019
I like Radiant and I'm happy to support the creator for this project.

I know how easy it is for a healthy person to say - 'get up off your butt and get some work done' - aimed at someone who is not healthy or is experiencing health issues.

I've been on both sides of that fence and when someone is laid up in bed, it Is harder to get things done (and sometimes motivation Can be an issue).

I've had a family member who never recovered from a major health issue, and I would not wish that, and being bed-ridden - almost waiting to die, on anyone.

For those who have not experienced a bout of really bad health, congrats! For most of us - Father Time will fix that as the years roll by.

I hope that Sir Damned can recover from whatever has him on the ropes.

If he can, we will get more of an enjoyable VN, Radiant, at whatever speed he and Alorth are able to continue to create.

If he can't, then he has bigger issues to worry about than creating a VN for his supporters and those who expect to take it for free.

We lose too many good/great VNs due to dev health issues and other unfortunate life changes.

I hope that Radiant does not ultimately fall into this category.
I agree with most of what you said, but we can't pretend that development of Radiant would be going well even if Sir Dammed was 100% healthy. I can say that with complete certainty because the update cycle was terrible long before he got sick, or whatever happened to him.

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
We lose too many good/great VNs due to dev health issues and other unfortunate life changes.

I hope that Radiant does not ultimately fall into this category.
Yeah, I can see these guys going to a life insurer and they get asked "What do you do? I'm a pron game developer on Patreon". "Sorry, you are not eligible for a life insurance policy."

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
Nah. The shocking thing is all the whinebabies that live here ranting and crying about it. Ignore it and move one, but nope. He lives rent free in their heads. Don't like his update speed? Ignore it til it updates, or just ignore it period. But: snivel whine, cry, snuffle, snuffle, snork. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

That's the vast majority of this thread. Yet, somehow, their entitled sniveling and flaming is never deleted for being offtopic or trolling. Funny that.
Why, the nerve of these people... I suppose you're one of those guys who thinks unpaid internships are somehow a privilege?

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: JiraiyaThePervySage

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
You sure you're not one of them in disguise?
If you look at my posting history, you'll see that I am active on far more than just the Radiant thread.

If you have actually played some of the VN's where I post regularly, you will also see that I am an active member of those communities.

Your question above - whether or not I am one of the devs, sarcastic or not, is irrelevant.

I like Radiant and I have no issue with declaring that or having certain members of this community find fault with it.

I understand that my support - both verbal and $, seems to bother some here and I am fine with that.

I support a number of devs, in some cases paying it forward and in others, giving support well after they have completed a particular project, just as a thank you.

I don't tell anyone here to do the same - I just go with what works for me.

I am looking forward to the next Radiant update, whenever it happens. For that to occur, Sir Damned needs to regain his health.

I hope he does and soon.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers! :coffee:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I am not against giving devs the benefit of the doubt, but in this case it's really hard. I don't even like the milking meme but he has a game that it's abandoned and he still has the patreon page for that game, active, despite the fact that the last update was 3 years ago and there is not evidence that he is working on that.
I understand where you are coming from.

I have not played the other VN so I have no history with what was done/not done.

I remain hopeful for more Radiant.

Continuity of creation is not normally something most creators include in their working relationships/part of what their supporters understand and support.

If Sir Damned does not recover, then we will likely lose Radiant.

I could hope for something like:

Robert Jordan arranged ahead of time with Brandon Sanderson to complete the Wheel of Time because he did not think he would live long enough to do this himself - major health issues at the end of his life.

I am aware, tangentially, of perhaps one AVN creator who arranged for someone else to take over his vision and carry on with the story after he passed, and the name does not immediately come to mind.

Thanks for a reasoned response!

Cheers! :coffee:

• Angry
Reactions: Kalkuv and yossa999

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
You sure you're not one of them in disguise?
It's funny, I would rather think that you are one of them, because you keep this thread afloat with posts like this. After all, the negative attracts attention to the game even better than just a plain boring “I like this game.” And yes, PaxHadrian17 has been active in many other threads for a long time and, judging by his posts, he does not strike as one of the devs of Radiant. But it's so easy to overlook it if the only topic you're interested in is sharing traumatic milking experiences over and over again.

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
It's funny, I would rather think that you are one of them, because you keep this thread afloat with posts like this. After all, the negative attracts attention to the game even better than just a plain boring “I like this game.” And yes, PaxHadrian17 has been active in many other threads for a long time and, judging by his posts, he does not strike as one of the devs of Radiant. But it's so easy to overlook it if the only topic you're interested in is sharing traumatic milking experiences over and over again.
Don't kid yourself. He's not important enough for me to read his profile. I mean if he actually posted anything else but smarmy "I drink my tea with my pinky up" responses "I love Radiant no matter what", I might. As it is though...

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
I am not against giving devs the benefit of the doubt, but in this case it's really hard. I don't even like the milking meme but he has a game that it's abandoned and he still has the patreon page for that game, active, despite the fact that the last update was 3 years ago and there is not evidence that he is working on that.
Yep, if having a patreon active for a game that was abandoned 3 years ago isn't a red flag, then I don't know what it is.

What pisses me off is that this kind of bullshit hurts hardworking devs who comply with their promises. It's normal for fans to be discouraged to support some devs because these scams continue to happen.

Even if I'm on a pirate forum, I always try to encourage people to be patient when some delays may happen, specially if the dev shows commitment to please his fans. I believe I have a shred of common sense, and there are many devs there who deserve every cent. This one doesn't at all. He was always known for this, I was even called a troll for calling out his milking.

Last edited:

dkatryl

May 26, 2018
The only thing where SL in better than TFTUV is the dynamics between the MC and his LIs. In SL he mainly concentrates on his family plus some side chicks, but in TFTUV it's all over the place. The SL mostly concentrates on the lewds and TFTUV on the story, so the sexual content in the SL seems to be more plentiful and concentrated. I find Adriana and Sasha from the SL to be among the sexiest girls from the games I played so far and TFTUV has nothing of their kind.
To put it short, as the whole product TFTUV is miles ahead but for description of the lewds and love dynamics I prefer SL as for me the text is at least as powerful as the images.
I dont disagree.

In a universe where time wasnt an issue, and the dev ever went back and redid SL with lesson's learned after finishing TftUV, i'd absolutely replay that sucker from scratch.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes