tazaaron

Donor
Oct 18, 2019
I luv this game, dont get me wrong. I supported Polarity at one point and was told the update was that week at the time. It was 4 months later. And that was the last update ever.

Dont expect anything, lazy dev. If you want to support great but dont expect anything. This will not change and in a few years when he returns to the work force, no one will hire him as he has been out of a job for a few years. Lazy dont pay in the long run.

rampage97

Apr 11, 2023
Yeah, that's not going to happen. He already did the same with Polarity, and still has the Patreon active for that game.

Yep, he's getting money for an abandoned game besides this one for 3 years. Deal with it.
That honestly sucks, I understand people have reasons to stop developing a game, but at least be transparent about it and don't fuck with false promises and don't take peoples' money.

I know that's been said a million times, it's just frustrating

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Reading that polarity thing, I didn't realize this was the same dev. Damn this devs remind me of a BlueCat from Ecchi Sensei then...

Reactions: Tim Long Curry

bobfast

Aug 1, 2021
i tried this game just a few months after the first version came out and had high hopes
holy FUCK, how can you have 3 years of development and still the game is this BARREN
is it just the norm now to squeeze the paypigs dry or what, lazy bums being """"""sick""""" all the time, i do graphic design as a sidegig two or three hours every week and i pump out more content than these greedy hobos

Rasturac

Apr 6, 2023
i tried this game just a few months after the first version came out and had high hopes
holy FUCK, how can you have 3 years of development and still the game is this BARREN
is it just the norm now to squeeze the paypigs dry or what, lazy bums being """"""sick""""" all the time, i do graphic design as a sidegig two or three hours every week and i pump out more content than these greedy hobos
Watchout bro!

You don't wanna jinx yourself and catch one of those mysterious developer illnesses.

bobfast

Aug 1, 2021
Watchout bro!

You don't wanna jinx yourself and catch one of those mysterious developer illnesses.
that disease...lazybonesitis
imagine having a monthly budget that could feed multiple families and you make less progress on ur RENPY game - a engine so easy to code in, that you could blindfold 100 chimps at typewriters and they would eventually create a game that would get a 20k a month patreon, than a person making naked statues mods in skyrim

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
With scads of cash goes ethical responsibility.

To put it another way: If you're not going to be able to work on the game for a protracted amount of time, pause your damn payments. Takes all of ten seconds to do so, tops.
Even so, this method is indirect.
Just go the direct route : Buymeacoffee. This is an option from the OP.
Some really nice side benefits : Devs would see their monthly revenues droop if more players adopt this no play/no pay approach so they will either drop more content or bail (not a preferred result but way more honest than the present BS extravaganza) ; this thread would become a helluva less toxic.

Reactions: KingArthur101

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
Even so, this method is indirect.
Just go the direct route : Buymeacoffee. This is an option from the OP.
Some really nice side benefits : Devs would see their monthly revenues droop if more players adopt this no play/no pay approach so they will either drop more content or bail (not a preferred result but way more honest than the present BS extravaganza) ; this thread would become a helluva less toxic.
Toxic, huh. Truth is corrosive, bullshit is kind.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
With scads of cash goes ethical responsibility.

To put it another way: If you're not going to be able to work on the game for a protracted amount of time, pause your damn payments. Takes all of ten seconds to do so, tops.
Devs have a choice - to pause payments or to allow the adults in the room to make that choice for themselves.

I'd rather make that choice for myself and when devs have offered this on Patreon/SS - I've made that point to them.

I understand that there is a vocal minority here that want to punish the dev - justified or not (and the level of justified entitlement in this thread is astounding) - but what gives Any non-supporter the right to force every supporter to stop donating whether those supporters want to or not?

For those here taking this AVN for free, why persist with Repeated PSA's telling supporters how to spend money They earned?

I find the angst evidenced by some posters - complaining about the lack of control over other human beings because those human beings are not spending their money the way those posters want them to (stopping their support of this dev) - to be a bit troubling!

It's like a hobo dumpster-diving for food behind a restaurant then complaining that the restaurant has not provided the balanced meal that the hobo deserves or that it should be open on Sundays because the hobo has to eat and is Owed food from the restaurant.

A dev has a responsibility to his/her supporters and it is up to each supporter how to support each dev and when to stop.

Supporters have NO responsibility to defer to non-supporters on F95 or any other forum.

Cheers!

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes