dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Those of you who stuck it out and continued to support us through what was virtually zero new progress, I appreciate you greatly.
That's the least he can say, I'd even want to suck them all in his place :HideThePain:

it's still larger than most full game updates you get from many other ongoing/in development games.
That's bigger than the ones released way faster, sure...

Which is better:

A. For the rest of CH 5 to arrive

or

B. For Radiant to be abandoned

I choose A!
If I don't have to pay every month, yes perhaps A. Most likely B though.

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
@BorgiaBou, Thank you for proving my point - Snark within 15 minutes of my dev log post above.
Jun 10, 2023

I just wanted to say thank you guys for having the patience of saints while waiting for CH5's beta. Unless a meteor lands on my house, I'm going to try to wrap it up by the end of this month
Take dis for "proving your point"...

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Here is the Dev log from last night, posting it for those of you who enjoy Radiant, knowing full well how much snark Any update will draw from the taker/complainer segment of the Radiant audience on F95:

Devlog - I've fully recovered, new previews, + more.
Hello all, sorry for not posting at all again last month.
I was basically in recovery, spent a couple of weeks in and out of the hospital and needed a couple of extra weeks on top of that for rest. On top of the problems I've been having with my health, I had to say goodbye to someone I consider family, so things have been quite difficult.
As I'm sure you can imagine, creative work isn't easy when you're going through some serious health related shit, especially creative work of the erotic variety, as it requires a certain "mood" that I can assure you, I was not psychologically capable of.
After my last post here... I unfortunately learned that my situation was a bit more serious than I'd hoped, but rest assured, I have gotten things under control and I'm good to go now. It's a huge relief, as the lack of progress on the game has been weighing very heavily on my mind. Those of you who stuck it out and continued to support us through what was virtually zero new progress, I appreciate you greatly.
Alright now onto the important part: being back in good health means I can work fast... like really fucking fast. I have been literally itching to get back to it, and Alorth and I have already exchanged scripts/renders/etc. I actually wanted to share a couple of new previews with you guys, that way you can actually see some progress, rather than just hearing about it.
Thanks again, and I hope you enjoy! Ch5's beta is pretty much 2... maybe 3 weeks away, and it's nothing to scoff at in terms of size-- as despite technically only being the "second half" of the fifth chapter, it's still larger than most full game updates you get from many other ongoing/in development games. Once we've crossed that bridge I'll talk more about Chapter 6 and when you guys can expect that.
Love you guys!
SirD.

View attachment 2825613

View attachment 2825619

View attachment 2825622

View attachment 2825625
Hey Pax, thanks for sharing, finally something about the game is posted in this thread. The graphic part, as always, is on top, can only hope that the plot will match the quality of the renders.

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
This latest dev-log is hideous.
SirD keeps offering evidence-free alibis as to why game progress is tardy. Supporters are meant to believe that he is sooo willing to work on updating Radiant but many unforseen circumstances have prevented this. Meanwhile, a Dev is able to pause supporter monthly payments easily but SirD has been UNWILLING to do so ever in his entire dev-career.

I recently did a playthrough of the Radiant dark path. The MC comes across as a complete "asshole". SirD has opined that that path would appeal to sadists. For myself, I'll return to the lust path. But the dark path MC seems to quite possibly be an alter-ego of SirD.

I will remain a paying supporter. But only after an update drops.

• Sad
Reactions: Tatsuya2022

Ciccio92

Jul 13, 2020
Here is the Dev log from last night, posting it for those of you who enjoy Radiant, knowing full well how much snark Any update will draw from the taker/complainer segment of the Radiant audience on F95:

Devlog - I've fully recovered, new previews, + more.
Hello all, sorry for not posting at all again last month.
I was basically in recovery, spent a couple of weeks in and out of the hospital and needed a couple of extra weeks on top of that for rest. On top of the problems I've been having with my health, I had to say goodbye to someone I consider family, so things have been quite difficult.
As I'm sure you can imagine, creative work isn't easy when you're going through some serious health related shit, especially creative work of the erotic variety, as it requires a certain "mood" that I can assure you, I was not psychologically capable of.
After my last post here... I unfortunately learned that my situation was a bit more serious than I'd hoped, but rest assured, I have gotten things under control and I'm good to go now. It's a huge relief, as the lack of progress on the game has been weighing very heavily on my mind. Those of you who stuck it out and continued to support us through what was virtually zero new progress, I appreciate you greatly.
Alright now onto the important part: being back in good health means I can work fast... like really fucking fast. I have been literally itching to get back to it, and Alorth and I have already exchanged scripts/renders/etc. I actually wanted to share a couple of new previews with you guys, that way you can actually see some progress, rather than just hearing about it.
Thanks again, and I hope you enjoy! Ch5's beta is pretty much 2... maybe 3 weeks away, and it's nothing to scoff at in terms of size-- as despite technically only being the "second half" of the fifth chapter, it's still larger than most full game updates you get from many other ongoing/in development games. Once we've crossed that bridge I'll talk more about Chapter 6 and when you guys can expect that.
Love you guys!
SirD.

View attachment 2825613

View attachment 2825619

View attachment 2825622

View attachment 2825625
there are two options in my opinion. The first one is one of the most unlucky guy on earth, second is one of the most excuse finder in the world. Let's hope this game will continue

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Tatsuya2022

Ciccio92

Jul 13, 2020
The plot:
Alita was born from a cabbage, she doesn't have parents who don't care about her.
The mc murdered a boy, and the boy's mother instead of hating him chose to fall in love and spend quality time with her son's murderer.
Brooke is allergic to dick, but she has a daughter.:KEK:
pretty accurate

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
This latest dev-log is hideous.
SirD keeps offering evidence-free alibis as to why game progress is tardy. Supporters are meant to believe that he is sooo willing to work on updating Radiant but many unforseen circumstances have prevented this. Meanwhile, a Dev is able to pause supporter monthly payments easily but SirD has been UNWILLING to do so ever in his entire dev-career.

I recently did a playthrough of the Radiant dark path. The MC comes across as a complete "asshole". SirD has opined that that path would appeal to sadists. For myself, I'll return to the lust path. But the dark path MC seems to quite possibly be an alter-ego of SirD.

I will remain a paying supporter. But only after an update drops.
Good points, let's be honest people should only pledge for a month after a reasonable update and keep dangling the carrot after a new chapter.

(because that would be in their best interest getting this game done.)

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Hey Pax, thanks for sharing, finally something about the game is posted in this thread. The graphic part, as always, is on top, can only hope that the plot will match the quality of the renders.
No worries.

I knew anyone providing the dev log would draw fire - that is simply the nature of this thread.

I went ahead anyway... besides the more vocal supporters, there is a group of those on F95 who just read the thread and stay away from the flame wars, and I thought that they deserved the dev log as well.

The renders do look good, and I threw out a bit of conjecture about what they were related to; now it is up to the dev to deliver the update and see how close I was.

Sadly,

This dev has certainly left himself open to criticism - some questionable choices + far too many excuses and far too many deadlines unmet.

For ex. I think it is foolish to post your Final Fantasy playthrough experience on Twitter using your dev name.

It would be like one of us posting on Facebook and tagging fellow coworkers while bailing on a major project that is due shortly, all while they are told to work harder since their coworker is out sick.

It is not a perfect analogy but it makes the point.

Everyone needs downtime, but many times, it is better to take it in anonymity.

I've sent my own messages to the dev expressing my concerns.

In the end - we have an update and a few renders, along with another ETA for content.

Radiant is still an AVN I enjoy... now if we could get a consistent and improved production and delivery schedule, it could start to return to the promise of the first two releases.

What we have here Is still better than radio silence and an eventual abandoned tag.

Cheers! :coffee:

Solaris33

Jul 25, 2019
I still enjoy Radiant in spite of how ridiculous the story has become. I can't help but talk trash about all the excuses for delays though.

This game has always had a very slow update cycle, but the lack of transparency is the most frustrating part. The best devs put out progress reports every week or two, and I think the reason we don't see the same for Radiant is because it would prove that the amount of work being done in an average week is laughable. Maybe it's unfair of me to compare them to Dr. PinkCake, Caribdis, etc., and maybe I just don't see most of their communication because I'm not a supporter, but I'll never be a supporter if things keep going the way they have been.

All that said, I'm not bashing anybody that is supporting them currently. Everyone has to make up their own mind about what is worth spending their money on.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I still enjoy Radiant in spite of how ridiculous the story has become. I can't help but talk trash about all the excuses for delays though.

This game has always had a very slow update cycle, but the lack of transparency is the most frustrating part. The best devs put out progress reports every week or two, and I think the reason we don't see the same for Radiant is because it would prove that the amount of work being done in an average week is laughable. Maybe it's unfair of me to compare them to Dr. PinkCake, Caribdis, etc., and maybe I just don't see most of their communication because I'm not a supporter, but I'll never be a supporter if things keep going the way they have been.

All that said, I'm not bashing anybody that is supporting them currently. Everyone has to make up their own mind about what is worth spending their money on.
I am a supporter and, while there was an improvement in communication early in the year, it fell off in late Spring.

I understand that update cycles have gotten slower for Many of the AVNs I enjoy, especially as a dev gets further into the story - with better/more detailed animations, more complex scenes etc.

I support a few devs who produce monthly updates consistently, year in and year out and, as the rest of the AVN community seems to have experienced slower dev update cycles, I am even more impressed that they keep chugging along!

You are right that consistent, periodic communication is an important part of managing expectations as well as keeping your supporters informed.

I'm fine with a monthly communications update if it is consistent (I get this from a few of my favorite devs).

Let's see when we get access to the rest of CH 5 - I'm curious about the focus of the scenes those 4 renders were from.

Cheers to the weekend! :coffee:

Mar 5, 2020
What a pathological liar...:LUL: the guy plays final fantasy non stop and brags about it on his twitter and then comes and says this...:WaitWhat:
I'll play devil's advocate here. Being in recovery and resting does not mean laying in bed the whole day doing nothing! It means clear your head from the stress of work and do something else for a while.

I do not know how stressfull devlopping the game can be to him, but I can assure you that playing video game during a recovery period is very common.

cjdm

May 23, 2020
So, let me get this straight, Chapter 3 was a bit late and as a result the devs stated that they would double their efforts to bring out releases quicker on a time-scale of 6-8 months per complete chapter, but the chapters would be REALLY GOOD! Alluding also to the idea that if they received more money, they would be even quicker as they would be able to quit their jobs and even hire other individuals to help with the work. Remember this was also towards the peak when they were getting somewhere in the neighborhood of 7-8k a month in support alone on Patreon.

Then after the fiasco with Chapter 4, and all the "emergencies" occurring with dog walks and vacations with terrible Wi-Fi which pushed the timetable out to 14 months; we were told 6-8 and got 14 instead. Yet, they stated again we will work twice as hard getting future updates out! So, twice as twice as hard? Nahhhhhh, instead you are going to get about half the content, but updates are going to be twice as fast… people… this is the same rate.

So, with Chapter 5 they have moved into the territory of delivering an update every 6-8 months but with less content... but all we got was an Alpha after 6 months, which they stated was approximately 70% of Chapter 5. HOWEVER! It came with the assurance of completing the remaining 30% of the game in the next month. Okay... that's fine, they are still in the territory of delivering an entire update, with a bit less content, in 6-8 months as this would put them in the timeframe of 7 months for a complete chapter... an actual miracle compared to the abysmal timeframe of 14 months fluffed with excuses per the last chapter release.

Are the devs improving this time? Are they actually going to be able to release a complete chapter within the schedule they set? These is the radiant devs after all! They have conquered the hardship of having to walk their dog from time to time, and shit Wi-Fi while they vacation... anything is possible for these guys!

So, here's what we have so far and how this chapter looks. 6 months for the alpha with a beta on its way in a month. It's been 5 months. No updates except every three months or so to keep this from getting labeled as abandoned as the same excuses permeate. They're not milking people; they're running a dairy farm. Now they state 2-3 weeks the Beta for Chapter 5 will be finished... well I'll see it when I see it, we all know that 2-3 weeks means fuck all with them, and that it will be more like 2-3 months now that they've made communication. Hey-oh! That means 14 months for another chapter to be finalized. And remember they just needed to finish 30% of the remaining chapter... less than 1/3rd according to them and it will take them the longest yet.

Butt Weight.jpg

You're getting a 1/3rd of an update in the time that they said it would take to complete a whole chapter. So, while they are getting less money each month from declining support. (all fault to them and their shit work ethic) You are paying more for each chapter at this rate. In other words they are making more money for the content that is actually delivered. So, who hurts? Not them. Not their wallet, yours. Some people might stop reading right here and say:

“WhO aRe YoU tO sAy WhAt OtHeRs SpEnD tHeIr MoNeY On?”

I’m not. I’m just warning that as of now, your funding goes to waste if you donate to them when it could be going to devs who actually give a shit. Most people care about their expenses, so unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket, I would recommend, after being a supporter of this game myself, to not support this game. I cannot convince long-term supporters at this point, as I think they are delusional for supporting these guys this long, being gullible to every excuse along the way due to their lapse in judgement, and therefore their opinions are null to me. This statement of support is generally for people just now showing up to this game with 4.5 chapters reading the false promises and thinking this would be worth supporting. “Oh they already have some proof of work, but were in the hospital this past update? Well that’s a once in a lifetime event that surely won’t happen every update…” Fast-forward 8 months from now as they wait on the next 14-month update, and they too will be saying what I’m saying.

If these devs cared, they would keep each other in check as both their reputations are getting tarnished by the actions of possibly one. If they cared, they would stick to their self-declared timeline and put in some effort to not disappoint their supporters. If they cared, they would shut off donations past their deadline as incentive to push out the update on time and not waste their supporters time. Yet these devs think that its okay to accept your money, and say “if you don’t want to donate, then don’t.” Yet again, another push against their responsibility. They want all the benefit, none of the responsibility; and when people keep them in check, they throw excuses instead of providing results.

Here's the fucked thing about this too, if this guy really was sick and, in the hospital, these devs have "cried wolf" too many times before that it’s hard for people to believe them if something real actually comes up. Which is in part their excuse for not providing updates unless absolutely necessary to maintain the status of this game. It just amazes me that they created a good game but have fucked up the development process so badly. It shows that you can be talented at one thing and absolute shit in another.

Questions to the dev: If you only needed a month to push out the remaining 30% of this chapter… and the last month of these previous 5 months have been spent in the hospital, what were you doing for those previous 4 months, considering now you are asking for a month to complete the chapter? Did developing this game possibly get in your way of the 200+ hours of playing video games and arguing with people on twitter over said games?

I just read this back and saw how long this post was lmfao… sorry for the book, I have a double masters in economics and history, so I write a lot for a living.

You also know the drill; I will leave you better today than you were yesterday:

100 push-ups
100 sit-ups
100 body squats

Don’t be like these devs by finding an excuse to put off this assignment. Get to it, it will be over with before you know it, and you will be stronger tomorrow than you were today.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
So, let me get this straight, Chapter 3 was a bit late and as a result the devs stated that they would double their efforts to bring out releases quicker on a time-scale of 6-8 months per complete chapter, but the chapters would be REALLY GOOD! Alluding also to the idea that if they received more money, they would be even quicker as they would be able to quit their jobs and even hire other individuals to help with the work. Remember this was also towards the peak when they were getting somewhere in the neighborhood of 7-8k a month in support alone on Patreon.

Then after the fiasco with Chapter 4, and all the "emergencies" occurring with dog walks and vacations with terrible Wi-Fi which pushed the timetable out to 14 months; we were told 6-8 and got 14 instead. Yet, they stated again we will work twice as hard getting future updates out! So, twice as twice as hard? Nahhhhhh, instead you are going to get about half the content, but updates are going to be twice as fast… people… this is the same rate.

So, with Chapter 5 they have moved into the territory of delivering an update every 6-8 months but with less content... but all we got was an Alpha after 6 months, which they stated was approximately 70% of Chapter 5. HOWEVER! It came with the assurance of completing the remaining 30% of the game in the next month. Okay... that's fine, they are still in the territory of delivering an entire update, with a bit less content, in 6-8 months as this would put them in the timeframe of 7 months for a complete chapter... an actual miracle compared to the abysmal timeframe of 14 months fluffed with excuses per the last chapter release.

Are the devs improving this time? Are they actually going to be able to release a complete chapter within the schedule they set? These is the radiant devs after all! They have conquered the hardship of having to walk their dog from time to time, and shit Wi-Fi while they vacation... anything is possible for these guys!

So, here's what we have so far and how this chapter looks. 6 months for the alpha with a beta on its way in a month. It's been 5 months. No updates except every three months or so to keep this from getting labeled as abandoned as the same excuses permeate. They're not milking people; they're running a dairy farm. Now they state 2-3 weeks the Beta for Chapter 5 will be finished... well I'll see it when I see it, we all know that 2-3 weeks means fuck all with them, and that it will be more like 2-3 months now that they've made communication. Hey-oh! That means 14 months for another chapter to be finalized. And remember they just needed to finish 30% of the remaining chapter... less than 1/3rd according to them and it will take them the longest yet.

View attachment 2827740

You're getting a 1/3rd of an update in the time that they said it would take to complete a whole chapter. So, while they are getting less money each month from declining support. (all fault to them and their shit work ethic) You are paying more for each chapter at this rate. In other words they are making more money for the content that is actually delivered. So, who hurts? Not them. Not their wallet, yours. Some people might stop reading right here and say:

“WhO aRe YoU tO sAy WhAt OtHeRs SpEnD tHeIr MoNeY On?”

I’m not. I’m just warning that as of now, your funding goes to waste if you donate to them when it could be going to devs who actually give a shit. Most people care about their expenses, so unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket, I would recommend, after being a supporter of this game myself, to not support this game. I cannot convince long-term supporters at this point, as I think they are delusional for supporting these guys this long, being gullible to every excuse along the way due to their lapse in judgement, and therefore their opinions are null to me. This statement of support is generally for people just now showing up to this game with 4.5 chapters reading the false promises and thinking this would be worth supporting. “Oh they already have some proof of work, but were in the hospital this past update? Well that’s a once in a lifetime event that surely won’t happen every update…” Fast-forward 8 months from now as they wait on the next 14-month update, and they too will be saying what I’m saying.

If these devs cared, they would keep each other in check as both their reputations are getting tarnished by the actions of possibly one. If they cared, they would stick to their self-declared timeline and put in some effort to not disappoint their supporters. If they cared, they would shut off donations past their deadline as incentive to push out the update on time and not waste their supporters time. Yet these devs think that its okay to accept your money, and say “if you don’t want to donate, then don’t.” Yet again, another push against their responsibility. They want all the benefit, none of the responsibility; and when people keep them in check, they throw excuses instead of providing results.

Here's the fucked thing about this too, if this guy really was sick and, in the hospital, these devs have "cried wolf" too many times before that it’s hard for people to believe them if something real actually comes up. Which is in part their excuse for not providing updates unless absolutely necessary to maintain the status of this game. It just amazes me that they created a good game but have fucked up the development process so badly. It shows that you can be talented at one thing and absolute shit in another.

Questions to the dev: If you only needed a month to push out the remaining 30% of this chapter… and the last month of these previous 5 months have been spent in the hospital, what were you doing for those previous 4 months, considering now you are asking for a month to complete the chapter? Did developing this game possibly get in your way of the 200+ hours of playing video games and arguing with people on twitter over said games?

I just read this back and saw how long this post was lmfao… sorry for the book, I have a double masters in economics and history, so I write a lot for a living.

You also know the drill; I will leave you better today than you were yesterday:

100 push-ups
100 sit-ups
100 body squats

Don’t be like these devs by finding an excuse to put off this assignment. Get to it, it will be over with before you know it, and you will be stronger tomorrow than you were today.
Fuck, i wanted give three reactions to this epic comment, so take it: :LOL: :love: ::red heart::

• Haha
Reactions: faramata

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
Doesn't matter when this rest of ch 5 will be released. What matters is he epically failed in his goal/promisse of "a chapter every 5 months". Ch 4 was released when? September? This full ch.5 will come at the best in the end of this month. This is 11 months between ch. 4 - ch. 5, absolutely no improviment since the fiasco of ch. 4 dev cycle.

This game is planned to have +20 chapters by own devs words and the pace of releases is 1 chapter per year which put the possible time to finish this game in 15 years in 2038, which is 18 since this game started in 2020! Seriously, anyone really think is reasonble a visual novel take 18 years, almost two decades, to be finished? Anyone really think a dev will spend 18 years of his life developing one single VN till completation instead of just abandon it at some point?

People are such suckers for "realism" in these VNs, so maybe is time to be more realistic about how bad these devs are handling the development of their VNs
Lemme guess, for this title particularly and not exclusively per se.
The Dev may be using a fermented OS to achieve said goals.
Going by the rate of things, perhaps unforeseen consequences have occurred.

clippy3.jpg

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
everytime i check back on this one, theres always 10-15 pages of comments always the same things lol
But the variety is infinitely better than that of the game's content. Since there hasn't been anything new in months. I mean the authors gave us new content just not how people expected it, via their Twitter posts. At least they're smart enough to keep quiet on Discord.

Reactions: hawk784563
4.30 star(s) 272 Votes