ju1zzed

Feb 18, 2018
quick question what is the "magnum bar" ?
its blinking but cant do anything with it? :unsure:

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
What's the difference of the storyline of this compared to Sengoku Rance? It's completly different, or it's the same with Evenicle gameplay?

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
its a sequel, it continues where it left of from sengoku rance.
Thank you very much for the fast response. But the storyline is right after Sengoku Rance or is there a game in between?

I know the series have a continuation on the story, and I was going to play the titles before it until I heard most of previous games are being remastered.

edit: just to say, Sheila Helman model on Rance IX seems gorgeous.

Reactions: ju1zzed

ju1zzed

Feb 18, 2018
Thank you very much for the fast response. But the storyline is right after Sengoku Rance or is there a game in between?

I know the series have a continuation on the story, and I was going to play the titles before it until I heard most of previous games are being remastered.
its right after sengoku rance, a direct continuation.
i didnt play the games before so i cant help with that, im sry.

but if you played sengoku rance, you should have no problem with rance magnum whatsoever (storywise). :)

only thing about magnum is, its a bit grindy it feels like. Had to redo multiple quest runs cuz i ran out of attacks :eek:

Reactions: 1tomadeira

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
its right after sengoku rance, a direct continuation.
i didnt play the games before so i cant help with that, im sry.

but if you played sengoku rance, you should have no problem with rance magnum whatsoever (storywise). :)

only thing about magnum is, its a bit grindy it feels like. Had to redo multiple quest runs cuz i ran out of attacks :eek:
Thank you again. I was just assuring I wouldn't jump story, because like I said I could already try others before their remaster. But I will be patient.

About what you said, I'm pretty sure it isn't as grindy as Daibanchou. That game epicness and awesomeness rivals the Rance series, the only con is really the grind and complexity, but people don't give the attention it deserves.

Reactions: ju1zzed

ju1zzed

Feb 18, 2018
i still would like to get some helpfull answers on the "magnum bar" blinking thingy in dungeons?!

what does the bar mean/do?

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Bug?

Have anybody in the CG Room a shown pic for 76?

I have only the information "UNUSED".

ju1zzed

Feb 18, 2018
Thank you again. I was just assuring I wouldn't jump story, because like I said I could already try others before their remaster. But I will be patient.

About what you said, I'm pretty sure it isn't as grindy as Daibanchou. That game epicness and awesomeness rivals the Rance series, the only con is really the grind and complexity, but people don't give the attention it deserves.
nah nowhere near as grindy as Daibanchou...it plays/feels like evenicle.

maybe im just a retard, cuz i dont want to spoiler myself to much on the wiki :KEK::KEK::KEK:

Shirafune

Jun 6, 2017
Me a month ago:
"Eh, I'm kinda burned out on the Rance series. Collapse of Zeth was better than expected, and the older titles are kinda neat. But Sengoku Rance was not that great in hindsight. I probably won't have any strong feelings about Rance Quest now that they've been stalling it for so long - I was apathetic when they finally, finally finished the translation of Fate/hollow ataraxia too. I guess I'll give Kichikuou Rance another playthrough, but that's it."

Me right now:
"HOLY FUCK IT'S HERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH"

That's a pretty good question.

The setting is *huge*, with hundreds of characters and 20+ games. Not all of them Rance games, either (the Toushin Toshi series, Kaeru nyo Panyon, Evenicle, etc.).

But, the Rance games all tend to be pretty accessible even if you haven't played any of the other games in the series. Yes, there will be a lot of references to story events in earlier games, but you won't need to have played the other games in order to get the plot. Knowing the stories of the other games is a bonus - but each game has a self-contained plot.

Another thing to note: the Rance series had a pretty big makeover between Kichikuou Rance and Collapse of Zeth. Both the art style and the writing changed. Collapse of Zeth is the first of the really 'modern' Rance titles, though Sengoku Rance is the most well-known title of the series (in the west, at least). The other 'modern' Rance titles include the ones set after Sengoku Rance (The Helman Revolution and Rance X, which comes in two parts), as well as remakes of the first few Rance titles (up to Rance III, IIRC).

So, if you want to pick a Rance game to be your introduction to this series, then it's best to start with one of the 'modern' games. I would recommend Sengoku Rance. The remakes of the first three Rance games might also be worth it, but Sengoku Rance is kind of self-contained while also having just enough references to the wider setting to make you curious about the other games.

You could also start with the first few games in the series, but those are pretty primitive by today's standards. And more importantly, the tone and writing in those games is different. I actually like the older games better, and I still think that Kichikuou Rance is by far the best game in the series - but the newer Rance games are very different overall. So like I said, it's probably best to start with one of the 'modern' games.
Thanks! Tbh I'd rather start with original 1st one but its probably not translated?

whitecode

Nov 1, 2017
Me a month ago:
"Eh, I'm kinda burned out on the Rance series. Collapse of Zeth was better than expected, and the older titles are kinda neat. But Sengoku Rance was not that great in hindsight. I probably won't have any strong feelings about Rance Quest now that they've been stalling it for so long - I was apathetic when they finally, finally finished the translation of Fate/hollow ataraxia too. I guess I'll give Kichikuou Rance another playthrough, but that's it."

Me right now:
"HOLY FUCK IT'S HERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH"

That's a pretty good question.

The setting is *huge*, with hundreds of characters and 20+ games. Not all of them Rance games, either (the Toushin Toshi series, Kaeru nyo Panyon, Evenicle, etc.).

But, the Rance games all tend to be pretty accessible even if you haven't played any of the other games in the series. Yes, there will be a lot of references to story events in earlier games, but you won't need to have played the other games in order to get the plot. Knowing the stories of the other games is a bonus - but each game has a self-contained plot.

Another thing to note: the Rance series had a pretty big makeover between Kichikuou Rance and Collapse of Zeth. Both the art style and the writing changed. Collapse of Zeth is the first of the really 'modern' Rance titles, though Sengoku Rance is the most well-known title of the series (in the west, at least). The other 'modern' Rance titles include the ones set after Sengoku Rance (The Helman Revolution and Rance X, which comes in two parts), as well as remakes of the first few Rance titles (up to Rance III, IIRC).

So, if you want to pick a Rance game to be your introduction to this series, then it's best to start with one of the 'modern' games. I would recommend Sengoku Rance. The remakes of the first three Rance games might also be worth it, but Sengoku Rance is kind of self-contained while also having just enough references to the wider setting to make you curious about the other games.

You could also start with the first few games in the series, but those are pretty primitive by today's standards. And more importantly, the tone and writing in those games is different. I actually like the older games better, and I still think that Kichikuou Rance is by far the best game in the series - but the newer Rance games are very different overall. So like I said, it's probably best to start with one of the 'modern' games.
The modern era of Rance series should start with 5D, for me Rance 6 is the hight of all rance game storytelling (rance10 excluded because its too difficult to rate it), its just so blizzare and funny while epic as hell the whole way through
I actually think Rance 8 magnum came closely to it, even though it is like a collection of smaller stories and a few branching main paths, I feel like it really shows Rance in his natural habitat.

nosiro

Dec 14, 2019
What a day! I was waiting for this for tooo long!
Now we will have to wait one more year for Rance IX.

4.60 star(s) 10 Votes